PDA

View Full Version : Dave Litfin

Tara73
04-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Heard he's leaving DRF. Anyone know where's he's heading?

Kash$
04-22-2016, 02:30 PM
Heard he's leaving DRF. Anyone know where's he's heading?

At one time Crist called him the best handicapper in NY.

DeanT
04-22-2016, 03:39 PM
Hadn't heard what's up, but caught that news today. Dave's one of the good guys. Sorry to see him go.

cj
04-22-2016, 03:59 PM
http://live.drf.com/nuggets/28017

PressThePace
04-22-2016, 04:59 PM
At one time Crist called him the best handicapper in NY.

Dave is one of the more astute handicappers that I've come across...can't wait to see what the future holds for him.

pandy
04-22-2016, 06:56 PM
As a long time fan, I wish him the best.

KidCruz
04-23-2016, 03:47 AM
Anyone have any idea what happened? Seems like kind of a ludicrous move for a company that makes a lot of them.

Dave Schwartz
04-23-2016, 10:46 AM
I loved his last 2 lines:

So for now, this is goodbye, although hopefully we'll do something like this again in the future.

It will just be in some other form.

lamboguy
04-23-2016, 10:52 AM
this is interesting, my partner buys the racing form everyday just to read the articles. he is 80 years old and not about to change his ways.

but when you look at the TIMEFORM US, its like night and day over the racing form unless you need to read the articles. i honestly can't believe how good TIMEFORM US is with the way you can click on things and get what you want like the charts of prior races. add the speed numbers to it and you have a sensational product for much less money than the racing form.

i have nothing to do with TIMEFORM either. its really going to help me with tracks like Arapahoe and Assinaboia and Hastings.

Tom
04-23-2016, 11:38 AM
Kind of cryptic good bye.
I am sure he will land his feet somewhere else. In a better form.

Saratoga_Mike
04-23-2016, 12:58 PM
TimeForm should hire him (as Tom implies, I believe) - great opportunity to bolster their editorial content

hogoffate
04-23-2016, 09:23 PM
I really enjoy reading his books. I employ his cutting out winners for the trainers I keep tabs on. It really has helped to look for their patterns and when they are trying to "strike". Good luck to him and I hope we continue to see his work in print.

thespaah
04-23-2016, 11:43 PM
TVG could use a guy like Litfin.....

Tall One
04-24-2016, 09:40 AM
Dave Liftin is a good man and solid 'capper. When Captain Serious went down at AQU, he was quick with tweet replies for this concerned fan of the Captain. The Form has lost themselves a good one here. Hope he finds a better home for his talents. Good luck, Mr Liftin. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
04-24-2016, 10:34 AM
Why? They've proven they want clown show stuff and not serious handicappers. King tenured bozo is proof of that.

jballscalls
04-24-2016, 11:00 AM
His new twitter bio is pretty telling.

EMD4ME
04-24-2016, 11:15 AM
His new twitter bio is pretty telling.

I feel bad for Dave. He is a rock in the industry. A stable long standing day to day, everyday grinder of solid opinions.

His book taught me a lot of what I do today (notebook, cut outs of winners etc.)

I only wish him the best. TFUS should pick him up.

Saratoga_Mike
04-24-2016, 12:10 PM

I believe he lives in Wilton, NY (right outside of Saratoga, as you probably know) - doubt he'd move for TVG, but I guess anything is possible. TimeFormUS needs to pick him up. He could cover the hell out the Saratoga meet for TFUS.

Milkshaker
04-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Within the specialized world of horse racing, we recognize Dave as a highly talented handicapper, and I wish him luck.

But good-paying, steady, straight-up, race analysis jobs are extremely difficult to come by in our ever-shrinking racing industry.

In the broader world of job-seeking, especially the media sector, I don't envy any person in their 50s trying to put food on the table and pay a mortgage if their portfolio consists of 25+ years of dissecting the probabilities of animals running around in circles.

Not intending disrespect--just being realistic here with regard to the overall job market, which is trending toward a "gig economy."

thespaah
04-24-2016, 09:45 PM
Print media business is in decline.
No question about it. Today the venerable NY Times announced layoffs of several hundred staffers.
In print media, no job is safe.

Greyfox
04-24-2016, 10:43 PM
The pen is mightier than the swordl

A man with Litfin's literary talent has numerous options to consider, and possibly not at all related with horse racing.

pandy
04-24-2016, 11:04 PM
Print media business is in decline.
No question about it. Today the venerable NY Times announced layoffs of several hundred staffers.
In print media, no job is safe.

It's been in decline for decades. If newsprint eventually disappears, it will be difficult to know what the hell is actually happening. Although newspapers are biased, too, at least they're not driven by ratings. TV news is a joke.