PDA

View Full Version : Royal FJ

Stillriledup
04-22-2016, 04:02 AM
In today's 7th at Los Al. 9 yo adding front wraps (last time) getting rid of the Lasix he seems to need and rushed back into a REALLY tough spot here for a horse who's better on turf. Seems like an irresponsible entry here. This warrior deserves better.

HPFridays
04-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Agree, very tough spot for the veteran gelding. I think most would like to see Carava and the previous owners get him back and maybe retire him in the coming months. For $62500 he's not going to be claimed. He's a horse I always root for.

Stillriledup
04-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Agree, very tough spot for the veteran gelding. I think most would like to see Carava and the previous owners get him back and maybe retire him in the coming months. For $62500 he's not going to be claimed. He's a horse I always root for.

Thanks, good post.

This guy is essentially running him for free today off a poor performance, why not wait till a hill race at SA in with his friends? The guy didn't improve the horse off the claim so he shouldn't be entered as if he had.

HPFridays
04-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Now entered in the San Francisco Mile at GGF. I think it's easy to see why Elmer January has a low win %.

Stillriledup
04-28-2016, 12:04 PM
Now entered in the San Francisco Mile at GGF. I think it's easy to see why Elmer January has a low win %.

:bang:

And GGF accepted the entry. Wonderful.

Stillriledup
04-29-2016, 12:57 AM
Say a prayer for Royal FJ he's not being treated like royalty here by being entered in this spot.

Hope he comes back safe but you know what? With this kind of management and entering its only a matter of time before it ends badly.

Roy C
04-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Elmer turns 90 years old in two weeks, not sure how much "training" he actually does these days. He was a program trainer for a few horses the last couple years so who knows who trains Royal FJ

Stillriledup
05-09-2016, 08:02 AM
FJ wheeled back in about a week to run dead last as a no hoper in his field at Golden Gate yesterday.

HPFridays
05-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Back today at Santa Anita race 5, down the hill with 50k claimers, 30-1 on the morning line. He was marginally competitive against 20-32k claimers a few months back. I hope Carava can eventually get him back and possibly retire him, at the very least he deserves a few months rest.