PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest Trip Note

EMD4ME
04-21-2016, 10:19 PM
http://www.emeralddowns.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=1010

Hit replays: April 17, Race 9.

So, doing my work, watching race replays 5-7 times a race, comparing charts, fractions blah blah blah for last Sunday's Emerald card, when.....

I notice about a dozen cute little birdies about 50 feet from the gate for the 9th. Gate opens up, about 7 of them fly away but 3-5 remain. I can see the jocks of the 1&2 riding very slowly early to avoid the birds.

Rocco Bowen and Esias Enriquez, 2 of my favorite jockeys anywhere made it a point to not crush the poor little birdies.

Wow, what a trip note!!!!

Nevermind it's a light blue from TFUS as 8/10 winners were from off the pace and many off the rail.

Reminds me of the day a seagull crashed into a rider's helmet at the SPA on the clubhouse turn of a dirt route :(

Robert Fischer
04-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Rocco Bowen and Esias Enriquez, 2 of my favorite jockeys anywhere made it a point to not crush the poor little birdies.

:D

nothing that cool,
but the other day I was betting Turf Paradise for fun
:1::3::5::7: were the decent horses.

I liked the :1::3::7: and I was tossing the :5: (he's a slight underlay). (*numbers in this story my not reflect the actual numbers)

Right before they finish loading the gate, - the :7: rears up, dumps his jock and runs off...

Great... there goes 1/3 of my horses, +now I gotta wait.
They unload the gate , and eventually an outrider catches the :7:.

unbelievably they decide not to scratch the :7: !
There's NO WAY the :7: is running a good race after that!

So I've got maybe 30 seconds, and I'm haphazardly keying :1::3: over a bunch of horses...
The :7: is like 2nd choice or something! Free money, repeat, repeat

:7: runs last:cool:

It comes in :1::5::3:
I check my plays didn't use the :5: because I had already separated him from my play.. :blush: lost money on the race.
and No, I didn't make a trip note for the troubled :7: :D

EMD4ME
04-22-2016, 12:01 AM

nothing that cool,

I liked the :1::3::7: and I was tossing the :5: (he's a slight underlay). (*numbers in this story my not reflect the actual numbers)

Right before they finish loading the gate, - the :7: rears up, dumps his jock and runs off...

So I've got maybe 30 seconds, and I'm haphazardly keying :1::3: over a bunch of horses...

I check my plays didn't use the :5: because I had already separated him from my play.. :blush: lost money on the race.

OUCH!!!! That really hurts. It's amazing how once in a blue moon, the mind freezes and doesn't adjust.

PUT THE TRIP NOTE IN !!!! Chuck that horse's line!

Ocala Mike
04-22-2016, 06:43 AM
Sometime in the not too distant past, when Colonial Downs in VA was running, they had a problem with large birds on and around the track. Actually saw in the running lines for a horse who ran there the comment, "struck goose."

castaway01
04-22-2016, 08:25 AM
Sometime in the not too distant past, when Colonial Downs in VA was running, they had a problem with large birds on and around the track. Actually saw in the running lines for a horse who ran there the comment, "struck goose."

I've seen that one before too, at various northeastern tracks. Goose or seagull, can't remember which.

This is a little dark, but I remember seeing a race at Parx where a horse fell and another leapt over it, then went on to finish 2nd or 3rd. The comment was "hurdled fallen foe". I figure any horse athletic enough to do that and keep running was ready to win, and it did win its next race (but of course at 6-5 or so as everyone else at the track could read too). Can't recall seeing the "hurdled foe" comment any other time.

EMD4ME
07-29-2016, 02:45 AM
http://emeralddowns.com/racing/

Check out July 17, 2016, race 2. Watch the 2 horse as they enter the lane.

Poor swan,duck or whatever cute animal that is almost got splattered to smitherines but he/she was AGILE, perceptive and quick enough to get out of harms way.

Wheeww...

jballscalls
07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Check out this video of how close a birdie came at Emerald to getting stomped.

https://twitter.com/3coltshandicap/status/755115784863494144

Tom
07-29-2016, 11:11 AM
At Calder once ....jumped alligator.

At FL, in a 4m70 yard race, MY horse...."lost contact with field, lapped"

cj
07-29-2016, 12:54 PM
At Calder once ....jumped alligator.

At FL, in a 4m70 yard race, MY horse...."lost contact with field, lapped"

Thank goodness they added those extra 70 yards. I'm sure it was a mad dash to the first turn.

thespaah
07-29-2016, 05:57 PM

nothing that cool,

In the now storied words of Roberto Di Vincenzo who played well enough to win the Masters but signed an incorrect scorecard....Here is how I would have felt if I were in your shoes.
"now all I can think of is what a stupid I am"

thespaah
07-29-2016, 06:01 PM
I saw wild Turkeys in the infield at Cnl