PDA

View Full Version : Prince died

Fager Fan
04-21-2016, 01:19 PM
They're dropping like flies. Now Prince has died. He was a health nut so don't think this will be a celebrity overdose. He did a concert Thursday and then they made emergency landing on flight home to go to hospital with severe bout of flu. He checkled out, went home, hosted a party at his house over the weekend, and now reported dead at 57.

Grits
04-21-2016, 01:27 PM
NO, NO, NO, NO!!! OH DAMN...I love this man, a musical genius.

NO. Oh, this is so upsetting!! Truly, one of the coolest individuals ever. So soft spoken, he let his talent speak for him.

Fager, is it being reported anywhere besides Twitter? Things are wrong there a lot.

:( :( :(

Fager Fan
04-21-2016, 01:32 PM
It's all over the news, and confirmed by his publicist.

Fager Fan
04-21-2016, 01:34 PM
It sounds from the reports that he is still at his home (where he died) and the coroner is just arriving. No cause of death yet, just that he's been battling severe flu, but that doesn't usually kill someone young and in good health.

Grits
04-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Fager, he was a health nut. I don't have the tv on. I just read, that a week ago, his plane made an emergency landing after cancelling a concert in Atlanta. Fighting the flu. I hope he didn't have pneumonia.

People just don't realize they cannot keep going when their respiratory system, their heart and lungs, are compromised. Your body, slowly, will shut down without the needed hospitilization and rest. I know this all too well from my son.

I am just sick about this loss. He was a kind man. :(

cj
04-21-2016, 01:47 PM
Damn shame, can still listen to his music.

http://bingenow.com/video?vidid=1903

Stillriledup
04-21-2016, 01:50 PM
article on prince with lots of recent photos, etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3552300/Fatality-Prince-s-estate-Minnesota-days-musician-rushed-hospital.html

upthecreek
04-21-2016, 02:19 PM
I told my not so elderly mother(68) that Prince died,she said which one? :lol: :confused:

barn32
04-21-2016, 02:25 PM
One of my all time favorite guitar solos

6SFNW5F8K9Y

RunForTheRoses
04-21-2016, 03:30 PM
Damn shame, can still listen to his music.

http://bingenow.com/video?vidid=1903

LOL that's the one that got Tipper Gore's panties in a knot. Like this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0X9z2Rtew

RunForTheRoses
04-21-2016, 03:33 PM
One of my all time favorite guitar solos

6SFNW5F8K9Y

Was going to post that myself, amazing.

RunForTheRoses
04-21-2016, 03:48 PM
[QUOTE=RunForTheRoses]LOL that's the one that got Tipper Gore's panties in a knot. Like this one:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XY0X9z2Rtew[/QUOTE

I'm not at home, meant to link to Raspberry Beret, don't think it worked or bad link

HalvOnHorseracing
04-21-2016, 04:42 PM
In a weird bit of coincidence, Pirince protege Vanity died two months ago, also at age 57. If I were Morris Day I might be heading to the Doc for a checkup.

ronsmac
04-21-2016, 06:07 PM
One of the most talented human beings to walk on the planet in my lifetime.

EMD4ME
04-21-2016, 09:05 PM
TMZ reporting it was a drug overdose.

Fager Fan
04-21-2016, 09:11 PM
TMZ reporting it was a drug overdose.

Anything specific? After I heard he'd gone to drugstore 4 times this week, including last night, I wondered if he overdosed (but on legal drugs).

fast4522
04-21-2016, 09:36 PM
Anything specific? After I heard he'd gone to drugstore 4 times this week, including last night, I wondered if he overdosed (but on legal drugs).

How about the toxicology blood work report before we speculate, some years back I saw something about hepatitis C but not sure if it was true. If I was to guess like everyone else I would think he has been suffering for some time and the flu is more dangerous to those who have problems. I have known others who have passed younger from the flu.

Fager Fan
04-21-2016, 10:00 PM
How about the toxicology blood work report before we speculate, some years back I saw something about hepatitis C but not sure if it was true. If I was to guess like everyone else I would think he has been suffering for some time and the flu is more dangerous to those who have problems. I have known others who have passed younger from the flu.

The report that he overdosed is out there. There will be speculation whether, if true, it was a result of illegal drugs or a dangerous mix of legal drugs (due to the flu and perhaps complicated by his epilepsy or other health issues).

EMD4ME
04-21-2016, 10:02 PM

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/prince-treated-drug-overdose-dead/

Plus, I just found out Chyna passed away....Another WWE performer gone before 50

Grits
04-21-2016, 10:27 PM
The report that he overdosed is out there. There will be speculation whether, if true, it was a result of illegal drugs or a dangerous mix of legal drugs (due to the flu and perhaps complicated by his epilepsy or other health issues).

I knew he had hip surgery...that has continued to be a problem as he walks with a cane. But I hope this isn't an overdose. A "save shot" is Narcan to neutralize opiates. :(

horses4courses
04-21-2016, 10:55 PM
In 1993 he played the Chicago Theater.
I was working in the building for Chicago OTB.
Snuck a listen for a while.
Great stuff :ThmbUp:

He was a few months younger than myself.

Marshall Bennett
04-22-2016, 07:15 AM
Outstanding guitarist. Stands with Hendrix and Jeff Beck.
Rest in peace.

MutuelClerk
04-22-2016, 07:33 AM
Agree. I always thought he was a combo of Hendrix and Bowie. Musical genius.

Grits
04-22-2016, 11:07 AM
Undergoing autopsy at this hour. There will be a press conference at 4pm. Either way, TMZ has this story. I knew that he had chronic hip pain. Since 2010, I've read this.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-od-percocet-death

It's difficult to deal, on a daily basis, with unrelenting pain. One of my lifelong friends, her brother, a dentist, became addicted to fentanyl. His physician, one of his close friends, continued to write his prescriptions. Twice he attempted to take his life, he succeeded the second time. Opiates will take one off this earth, intended or unintended.

I'm not going to judge Prince as chronic pain is not something I've had to experience. I'd rather remember what he gave us while here. Godspeed. :(

Kash$
04-25-2016, 06:24 AM
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/04/24/drug-dealer-prince-spent-40000-time-pain-pills-25-years

Drug Dealer says Prince spend 40,000 a year on pain pills.

Flysofree
04-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Tonight's news said the local Police over how many years, I didn't catch the number...But they made 46, that's FOURTY SIX calls to his mansion for all manner of stuff.

fast4522
04-29-2016, 09:07 PM
Tonight's news said the local Police over how many years, I didn't catch the number...But they made 46, that's FOURTY SIX calls to his mansion for all manner of stuff.

The word was he was friends with many from Minnesota, not that he had big party's but when in town and up to it he hosted Minnesotans. The local Leo's considered him a good neighbor.

Flysofree
04-29-2016, 09:32 PM
The word was he was friends with many from Minnesota, not that he had big party's but when in town and up to it he hosted Minnesotans. The local Leo's considered him a good neighbor.

According to the report, they weren't ALL happy calls... Roudiness, tresspassing, etc

PhantomOnTour
06-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Toxicology report is in - opioid painkillers killed him.
It's an epidemic...so many youngsters (which is mostly who I hire to work for me) are pilled out.
Adderal - xanax - oxys - roxys...you name it.

Grits
06-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Toxicology report is in - opioid painkillers killed him.
It's an epidemic...so many youngsters (which is mostly who I hire to work for me) are pilled out.
Adderal - xanax - oxys - roxys...you name it.

All the years, a health nut with an addiction. Still, it didn't make him less gifted. :( Now, his family and their attorneys will fight over, and gain, his fortune. How sad.