PDA

View Full Version : Software programs that also give past performances.

trying2win
06-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Can someone tell me of any software handicapping programs that also give past performances? Even just a few past performances lines for each horse would help. I use a software program that uses the Brisnet-DRF single data files, but it doesn't have a past performance feature to it.

Most of time, I don't need a past performance record to look at, when using my software handicapping program. Once in awhile though, it would be handy to have the odd past performance to look at, without having the additional expense of buying separate past performance files.

T2W

cj
06-30-2004, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the files you use can also be opened with Bris' own free PP Generator.

trying2win
06-30-2004, 04:04 PM
CJ,

Thanks, for the tip. I didn't realize Brisnet had a free P.P. generator.

T2W

Thomason
06-30-2004, 04:34 PM
Actually, it's okay. You can filter, sort, and create new styles, among other things. I don't know if it's the best but it's serviceable.

Big Bill
06-30-2004, 04:48 PM
T2W,

You mentioned the possibility of only wanting to look at a few running lines in the pps, and with the BRIS PP Custom Generator that the guys have told you about, you can select the number of past performance lines you want to view.

Big Bill

trying2win
06-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. It took me awhile to find where the free P.P. Generator program was at the Brisnet site. I found it. Just click on the "FREE SOFTWARE" tab on their home page, and just follow instructions from there.

I got the P.P. Generator program going now and will explore all the possibilities it offers.

Finding out about this P.P. Generator program, kind of reminds me of that story in the book entitled Acres of Diamonds, by Russell Conwell.

T2W

Mike at A+
07-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by trying2win
Can someone tell me of any software handicapping programs that also give past performances? Even just a few past performances lines for each horse would help. I use a software program that uses the Brisnet-DRF single data files, but it doesn't have a past performance feature to it.

Most of time, I don't need a past performance record to look at, when using my software handicapping program. Once in awhile though, it would be handy to have the odd past performance to look at, without having the additional expense of buying separate past performance files.
T2W

Hi T2W, my program (A+ Thoroughbred) displays a somewhat stripped down version of Past Performances. You can see a screen shot at http://users.rcn.com/aplus/70ve.htm. It displays date, track, distance, surface, track condition, post position, 4 calls (start, 1/4, stretch and finish with lengths at all calls but start), speed rating, track variant, field size and odds. Also shows the usual stuff like jockey and trainer stats, earnings stats and two most recent works.

Mike at A+
07-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Mike at A+
Hi T2W, my program (A+ Thoroughbred) displays a somewhat stripped down version of Past Performances. You can see a screen shot at http://users.rcn.com/aplus/70ve.htm. It displays date, track, distance, surface, track condition, post position, 4 calls (start, 1/4, stretch and finish with lengths at all calls but start), speed rating, track variant, field size and odds. Also shows the usual stuff like jockey and trainer stats, earnings stats and two most recent works.

Sorry - somehow the trailing period "." was included in the link. This should work: http://users.rcn.com/aplus/70ve.htm

Bruddah
07-19-2004, 11:10 PM
Thorotech.com has past performances built into a form screen which is printable.

JustRalph
07-20-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Bruddah
Thorotech.com has past performances built into a form screen which is printable.

Yeah! and there is even a function in the form view, that is named after me...........that is a good reason to try it out!