PDA

View Full Version : "Comin' in to Los Angeles..."

Rookies
04-20-2016, 10:33 PM
The Canadian Government isn't going to sit back and let Colorado & Washington States soak up the Pot profits. In moving off their election notice of intent, the Trudeau Government signalled today that legislation governing the Legalization of Marijuana is on the way. We will be expecting a significant increase in American tourism in 2018!

"Health Minister Jane Philpott delivered an impassioned speech at a UN special session on drugs on Wednesday, where she announced Canada will introduce legislation next spring to spark the process of legalizing and regulating marijuana. The announcement provides the first concrete signal from the Trudeau government about the timeline it has in mind to green-light pot for recreational purposes.

Philpott acknowledged the pot plan “challenges the status quo in many countries,” but she said the Liberal government believes it’s the best way to protect youth and enhance public safety.

Canada must do better when it comes to drug policy, she added, saying the government’s approach will be rooted in science and will address the devastating consequences of drugs and drug-related crimes. “I am proud to stand up for our drug policy that is informed by solid scientific evidence and uses a lens of public health to maximize education and minimize harm,”

And how big biz capitalist is this stuff, for some of the world's best weed? The next article is from a Left wing entertainment weekly from last week. Check it out, especially the bolded part.

"I'm somewhere in the bowels of Mettrum Ltd., on a tour of the company's Bowmanville plant. I needed a GPS to find it. The first licensed producer in Ontario and one of Health Canada's largest licensed growers of medical marijuana, it's as high-tech - and corporate - as cannabis gets. Call it the business of bud for the Beemer set.

We enter "the vault," which leads to a very Spy Vs. Spy elevator that takes us down to long white hallways dotted with security cameras. Scorsis points out the seismic censors on the walls, there to protect the massive underground cisterns, the "three sisters" that make a perfect secure location for product to be prepared, packed and stored.

Earlier, we dug out our drivers' licences and filled out paperwork (and heard about bulletproof glass) to obtain security fobs. Swipe, code, swipe, code, swipe, code at checkpoint after checkpoint.

These guys are beyond serious about security, which probably has something to do with the fact that former RCMP commissioner Norman Inkster :eek: a pioneer in IT security, sits as an independent director on Mettrum's board. "

If you build it, people will surely come! :lol:

Tom
04-20-2016, 11:07 PM
You can't make this stuff up..... :lol:

HoofedInTheChest
04-21-2016, 05:46 AM
Good time to start a potato chip delivery service.

The dispensaries are already popping up all over the city, and if you don’t have a medical prescription with you? They can take care of that as well.... so i’ve been told. ;)

"Within Toronto, the police are operating on a complaints basis. So unless there is a complaint against these businesses, the police may not act. We hope they will not be shutting these businesses down," said Lisa Campbell, a cannabis advocate who works with Toronto businesses and entrepreneurs within the marijuana industry.

Rural towns in northern Ontario are shutting down their hockey rinks, and turning them into grow-ops to help supplement the local coffers. The local hockey rink by my cottage has been growing weed for the last 2 years, it’s quite sad that it’s come to this. If there comes a day when we start sucking at hockey, you know where to place the blame, the good ol sticky icky.

Now we just need a red light district, and tourism will go through the roof!

Rookies
04-21-2016, 08:06 AM
"Will that be Weed with those fries?" :lol:

Rookies
04-21-2016, 08:07 AM
Now we just need a red light district, and tourism will go through the roof!

The budget will be balanced in 2 years! :rolleyes:

Ocala Mike
04-21-2016, 05:14 PM
One of my favorite Arlo Guthrie jams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4bB1N155E