PDA

View Full Version : Another Obama foreign policy failure

zico20
04-18-2016, 08:55 PM
Chalk up another success Obama took credit for that has turned ugly. I am talking about South Sudan, which is in a civil war that has left 2 million displaced. George Clooney was there touting the new nation which has seen cannibalism and rape become prevalent. Everything Obama touts turns from gold to lead. I know South Sudan means nothing to most people but I thought I would put this out there. I actually did not know it was this bad over there. Maybe Obama can bring millions of them over here and give them free goodies, then citizenship, and tell them to vote Democrat.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/18/once-seen-as-white-house-triumph-new-nation-south-sudan-descends-into-war-misery.html?intcmp=hplnws

horses4courses
04-18-2016, 09:03 PM
C'mon......you can do better than that, can't you?
There has to be 10,001 things you cons blame him for.

What.....no Boko Haram thrown in for good measure? :rolleyes:

davew
04-18-2016, 10:15 PM
0bama has his wife working on that, while he golfs

http://missdimplez.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/michelle-obama-bring-back-our-girls.jpg

Tom
04-18-2016, 10:35 PM

horses4courses
04-18-2016, 10:44 PM
Those unfortunate girls would be in exactly the same
situation if we had a conservative in the WH.

You just couldn't use it as ridicule fodder. :rolleyes:

Conservatives - stuck in the time warp where the U.S.
(the good cop on the world beat) took care of
everyone's problems who showed us the proper respect.

Eh hemm.....it's 2016, beehatches............

Clocker
04-18-2016, 10:49 PM

That's right. Obama's in charge, and I tell ya, we don't get no respect.

HalvOnHorseracing
04-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Chalk up another success Obama took credit for that has turned ugly. I am talking about South Sudan, which is in a civil war that has left 2 million displaced. George Clooney was there touting the new nation which has seen cannibalism and rape become prevalent. Everything Obama touts turns from gold to lead. I know South Sudan means nothing to most people but I thought I would put this out there. I actually did not know it was this bad over there. Maybe Obama can bring millions of them over here and give them free goodies, then citizenship, and tell them to vote Democrat.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/04/18/once-seen-as-white-house-triumph-new-nation-south-sudan-descends-into-war-misery.html?intcmp=hplnws
If that was the only article you read about South Sudan you don't really understand how that situation got to this point. Civil war has been going on in that country for generations. Sudan had been labeled a terrorist state by the United States and the opportunity for the South to split from the north was in the best interest of the U.S. which saw the opportunity to gain an ally in the region. The desire of the south to split from the north had as much to do with religion (Christians versus Muslims) and oil as politics.

That area has been messed up for a long time. The problems didn't start with Obama - Sudan was messed up before Obama was born - and even if there is legitimate criticism of U.S. policy since independence, Sudan hasn't been stable for the last 10 presidents. I suspect if you had a president who was a combination of Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Reagan Sudan would still be one mess of a place and I'm not sure they'd have done a lot better than Obama did in the last six years.

Tom
04-18-2016, 10:57 PM
And you know why we were the worlds cop?
Because the world needs one, and no one but us can do it.

See how things have gone down the toilet in the last 7 years?

Thanks Obama, you stinking coward.

tucker6
04-19-2016, 06:33 AM
Those unfortunate girls would be in exactly the same
situation if we had a conservative in the WH.

You just couldn't use it as ridicule fodder. :rolleyes:

the ridicule is for the supposed most powerful person in the world using his wife to attempt to tweet the girls free. Yeah, never expected failure out of that path. I bet she had Boko Haram quaking in their boots.

OntheRail
04-19-2016, 12:04 PM
That's right. Obama's in charge, and I tell ya, we don't get no respect.
Obama the Rodney Dangerfield of POTUS.

I tell-ya I get no respect. Why I went the Cuba... On Air Force One... they greeted me like I was #2... even the pigeons flew way when I landed.

:lol:

Clocker
04-19-2016, 03:12 PM

He doesn't get any respect because he doesn't give any.

From the Washington Post:

For someone who preaches the importance of diplomacy and outreach, even to longtime enemies, President Obama can be awfully tough on his friends.

In recent months, he has offended most of the United States’ Persian Gulf allies. “All I need in the Middle East is a few smart autocrats,” he joked privately, according to a recent profile in the Atlantic magazine. Publicly, he has said he “weeps” for Saudi and Kuwaiti children.

The United States’ European allies, he complains, have grown too dependent on American firepower to keep them safe.

Even the United Kingdom, a U.S. “special” partner, has received criticism. Obama seemed to blame the postwar chaos in Libya on British Prime Minister David Cameron, who he said “became distracted by other things” and didn’t do enough to bring order to the fractious country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/a-cold-eyed-view-of-allies-has-left-obama-with-few-overseas-friends/2016/04/18/49d5e3ce-0195-11e6-9203-7b8670959b88_story.html

boxcar
04-19-2016, 03:55 PM
See how things have gone down the toilet in the last 7 years?

Thanks Obama, you stinking coward.

Kool pun, even if unintended. :cool: :D But be of good cheer. BO is getting flushed out of the WH soon.

zico20
04-19-2016, 07:04 PM
If that was the only article you read about South Sudan you don't really understand how that situation got to this point. Civil war has been going on in that country for generations. Sudan had been labeled a terrorist state by the United States and the opportunity for the South to split from the north was in the best interest of the U.S. which saw the opportunity to gain an ally in the region. The desire of the south to split from the north had as much to do with religion (Christians versus Muslims) and oil as politics.

That area has been messed up for a long time. The problems didn't start with Obama - Sudan was messed up before Obama was born - and even if there is legitimate criticism of U.S. policy since independence, Sudan hasn't been stable for the last 10 presidents. I suspect if you had a president who was a combination of Lincoln, Roosevelt, and Reagan Sudan would still be one mess of a place and I'm not sure they'd have done a lot better than Obama did in the last six years.

Obama should not be going around bragging about success unless he is sure it is going to last. This is his own damn fault once again. Yes, I know all about Sudan and its prior history, I read about history all the time. I am still waiting for Obama to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict. He called Bush a failure for not bringing peace. He does not have much time left before he can call himself a failure also. Some how I don't think he will.

HalvOnHorseracing
04-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Obama should not be going around bragging about success unless he is sure it is going to last. This is his own damn fault once again. Yes, I know all about Sudan and its prior history, I read about history all the time. I am still waiting for Obama to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict. He called Bush a failure for not bringing peace. He does not have much time left before he can call himself a failure also. Some how I don't think he will.

Obama's criticism-worthy action was "bragging" about success - even though at the time they had achieved a foreign policy success - before he was sure it was going to last? Well, I guess you would be right IF he was the first politician to do that instead of the millionth. I mean, it's not like he stood on the deck of a battleship with a "Mission Accomplished" banner in the background or anything and the conflict was still going on ten years later.

And you're waiting for Obama to solve the Israel-Palestine conflict? Like if only he had tried harder he could have solved that one? Totally on him like he was the first president to believe he could make a difference in the Middle East? Nobody else ever mentioned that in a campaign speech? Plus, he called Bush a failure for not solving it? You want to send me that quote since even moron politicians know enough not to stick that foot in their mouths. I mean, if you read a lot of history you'll know that Bush originally was uninterested in nation building solutions, but after 9/11 he ultimately favored a two state solution where the Palestinians would be able to form their own democratic government and the two states would live side by side happily ever after. And while I don't think Obama used those words, yeah, Bush's strategy flopped. I think Obama's strategy went immediately awry when he told the conservative government of Netanyahu to stop building in the West Bank, and Netanyahu told him to shove it. Things went downhill from there. You can certainly blame him for not getting a positive result, but he is certainly no more a failure than the last ten presidents who didn't solve the problem. The fact is that that's a problem that the greatest foreign policy minds of the last 60 years haven't solved.

I have said Obama has been a disappointment. I certainly wouldn't call myself a fan. He did a poor job of figuring out how to work with an often hostile Congress. He did make promises he couldn't keep - like Gitmo. I know the people on the right don't give him credit for anything. If the unemployment rate goes down it didn't go down as much as it should have or it had nothing to do with any policies he had. But let's be a bit more sophisticated than to say the problem was hubris and calling his predecessor names and citing articles that are so slanted as to be useless. There are plenty of things to legitimately blame Obama for without having to resort to total BS.

Oh by the way, that was Obama third from the left in the Zapruder film.

horses4courses
04-19-2016, 09:42 PM
Kool pun, even if unintended. :cool: :D But be of good cheer. BO is getting flushed out of the WH soon.

Hardly flushed out.
But don't let me burst your little fantasy bubble.

2 terms is the end of the line.
Truth is, if he were running again,
he'd win by a third landslide margin.

Clocker
04-19-2016, 10:17 PM
2 terms is the end of the line.
Truth is, if he were running again,
he'd win by a third landslide margin.

You can fool some of the people all of the time.

tucker6
04-20-2016, 07:19 AM
You can fool some of the people all of the time.
or buy them off

davew
04-20-2016, 08:01 AM
or buy them off

how many times can dead people vote?

tucker6
04-20-2016, 08:26 AM
how many times can dead people vote?
Don't know how many times they can vote, but I just know they can.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/jul/24/greg-abbott/greg-abbott-dead-voters-Texas/

Ingram put it this way in his testimony: "We believe 239 folks voted in the recent election after passing away" including, he said, 213 who voted in person.

hahahaha

OntheRail
04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
He doesn't get any respect because he doesn't give any.

He started with the bow and scrape tour... that set the tone on respect or lack of. Look at what's has happened to our ship the USS Donald Cook in the Baltic Sea... Obama is viewed as weak in the knees and lacking a backbone. If he had any self-respect at all he'd leave the WH in the middle of the night with his head hung low.

I wrote this...

I tell-ya I get no respect. Why I went the Cuba... On Air Force One... they greeted me like I was #2... even the pigeons flew way when I landed.
with tongue firmly planted in cheek... in reference to your phasing. No disrespect to Rodney intended. ;)

Clocker
04-23-2016, 10:37 AM
He started with the bow and scrape tour... that set the tone on respect or lack of.

Now that he has returned the US to the most respected country in the world, and solved all the problems here at home, he is giving the Europeans the benefit of his unique knowledge and leadership.

President Barack Obama said during a press conference in Britain Friday that the U.S considers it a major national security issue that there is uncontrollable migration into Europe.

“What happens in Europe is going to have an impact in the United States,” Obama said. “We consider it a major national security issue that you have uncontrolled migration into Europe."

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/22/obama-uncontrolled-migration-into-europe-is-major-national-security-issue-video/#ixzz46ezDilNv

So illegal immigration into the US is not a problem to us, but illegal immigration into the Euro Zone is? :rolleyes:

He is also telling the Brits that they better not pull out of the EU. Or else.

President Barack Obama told Britain today that it would have to 'go to the back of the queue' if it leaves the European Union, then tries to negotiate its own trade deal with the United States.

A US-UK trade agreement is not going to happen 'any time soon,' Obama said during a joint news conference with British Prime Minister David Cameron.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3553788/Obama-flies-Brexit-storm-President-faces-furious-backlash-downright-hypocritical-decision-tell-British-voters-stay-EU.html#ixzz46ezsjBwq

davew
04-23-2016, 11:09 AM
0bama's foreign policy is a HUGE success mainly from skills learned with his previous career as a CHAOS organizer.

Clocker
04-23-2016, 11:44 AM
a CHAOS organizer.

That's not how you spell Chicago. But the meaning is still clear in this case.

horses4courses
04-23-2016, 12:00 PM
So illegal immigration into the US is not a problem to us, but illegal immigration into the Euro Zone is? :rolleyes:

What a naive fool you are.

Do you think there are many potential ISIS members
filtering through our borders?

We have to trust Euro intelligence when it comes to
their borders and, if you take Belgium as an example,
it's not very reassuring, is it?

Obama inherited a huge mess when he came to the WH.
Conservatives wouldn't give him credit if he walked on water.
The history books will in the years ahead, though.

Clocker
04-23-2016, 12:10 PM
What a naive fool you are.

Do you think there are many potential ISIS members
filtering through our borders?

There's no denying your cold hard facts about ISIS. Maybe I should just resort to cheap personal insults as a retort.

Nah, that would be out of line here. No one would do that. :rolleyes:

P.S. If you had read the article, you would see that Obama was not talking about ISIS. He was talking about destabilization of the EU economy and the impact on NATO and on our economy. And the impact on our economy is also a concern about illegal immigration into our country, which Obama ignored.

NJ Stinks
04-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Now that he has returned the US to the most respected country in the world, and solved all the problems here at home, he is giving the Europeans the benefit of his unique knowledge and leadership.

He is also telling the Brits that they better not pull out of the EU. Or else.

Not quite. Obama said that Britain is better off in the EU and we (the USA) would prefer that Britain remained in the EU. He said this because Britain is our closest ally and we could use their influence to push for outcomes in the EU that the USA prefers.

In short, we can't ask Britain for assistance when it comes to the EU if Britain ain't in the EU.

Get it, Clocker. It ain't that difficult to understand....most Brits do but the righties over here want to pretend Obama is putting his 2 cents in for no good reason. :rolleyes:

Clocker
04-23-2016, 12:27 PM
Get it, Clocker. It ain't that difficult to understand....most Brits do but the righties over here want to pretend Obama is putting his 2 cents in for no good reason. :rolleyes:

What Brits are upset about is that he is putting his 2 cents in, telling them what is in their best interests, in true liberal fashion. Funny that Obama was vocally upset about what he saw as the same thing from Netanyahu.

The mayor of London called him out for hypocrisy, urging the Brits to do something America would never consider for an instant, tying itself to a group like the EU.

Clocker
04-23-2016, 02:07 PM
From an editorial in the Brit Daily Mail:

The tone was patronising, the language menacing – and the message not only hypocritical but, frankly, insulting.

Certainly, Barack Obama has every right to say he thinks it’s in America’s best interests for Britain to remain in the EU, if that is what he believes.

But he has no business to come here and preach that submission to Brussels is good for the people of the UK.

Has he forgotten he leads a nation founded to proclaim independence from overseas control, whose citizens died for the right to make their own laws?

Which brings us to Mr Obama’s own sorry record as Commander-in-Chief and architect of America’s foreign policy.

This is the man who made way for the rise of IS by his reckless withdrawal from Iraq. He has failed even to honour his pledge to close Guantanamo Bay. And his chief foreign policy ‘success’ has been a deal with terrorist-sponsoring Iran.

In the spirit of ‘friends who have no fear of each other’, to borrow his words, aren’t we entitled to ask why Britain should take advice from this President on how to conduct our own affairs?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3554778/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-President-man-heed.html#ixzz46fqxUSYN (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3554778/DAILY-MAIL-COMMENT-President-man-heed.html#ixzz46fqxUSYN)

From The Telegraph:

Never in our democratic history can the leader of a foreign power have climbed so clearly on to our hustings to tell all our citizens what one side – 10 Downing Street – wanted.

Mr Obama’s most famous electoral message was “Yes, we can”. His electoral message to the British people is “No, you can’t”.

If we want influence, security, free trade, democracy and the rule of law, we can get these things only by staying in the European Union, he informs us. We cannot contemplate living – as his own country so proudly does – as a wholly independent state. If we do, we “go to the back of the queue” in trade, he told the press conference last night.

The president has spent most of his time in office neglecting old allies and seeking new ones, being chummier with Iran than Israel and with Castro than Cameron.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/04/22/mr-obamas-catchphrase-is-yes-you-can---so-why-is-he-telling-us-b/ (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/04/22/mr-obamas-catchphrase-is-yes-you-can---so-why-is-he-telling-us-b/)

horses4courses
04-23-2016, 02:37 PM
From an editorial in the Brit Daily Mail:

From The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/04/22/mr-obamas-catchphrase-is-yes-you-can---so-why-is-he-telling-us-b/ (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2016/04/22/mr-obamas-catchphrase-is-yes-you-can---so-why-is-he-telling-us-b/)

The Mail is a complete rag, and is best used to wrap fish and chips.
Britain has seldom been happy with their lot since their empire folded. :ThmbDown:

Saratoga_Mike
04-23-2016, 03:03 PM
The Mail is a complete rag, and is best used to wrap fish and chips.
Britain has seldom been happy with their lot since their empire folded. :ThmbDown:

Fine, same information in today's NY Times, which I'm sure you already read.

Clocker
04-23-2016, 03:11 PM
Britain has seldom been happy with their lot since their empire folded.

The Brits would certainly do well then to listen to Obama's advice on how to run their country, since everyone on this side of the pond has been quite happy with their lot since Obama took office. :rolleyes:

horses4courses
04-23-2016, 03:21 PM
The Brits would certainly do well then to listen to Obama's advice on how to run their country, since everyone on this side of the pond has been quite happy with their lot since Obama took office. :rolleyes:

Conservatives were resigned to their dissenting position
since Obama was elected in 2008. He can do no right.

Clocker
04-23-2016, 03:51 PM
Conservatives were resigned to their dissenting position
since Obama was elected in 2008. He can do no right.

I bet he could if he ever put his mind to it.

Tom
04-23-2016, 05:12 PM
....most Brits do but the righties over here want to pretend Obama is putting his 2 cents in for no good reason.

We have another threaed where we have already determined that a penny is worhtless. So Obama is doubling down on worthless. Fittingly.

OntheRail
04-23-2016, 06:23 PM
0bama's foreign policy is a HUGE success mainly from skills learned with his previous career as a CHAOS organizer.
Should that be KAOS organizer..

NJ Stinks
04-23-2016, 07:48 PM
What Brits are upset about is that he is putting his 2 cents in, telling them what is in their best interests, in true liberal fashion. Funny that Obama was vocally upset about what he saw as the same thing from Netanyahu.

The mayor of London called him out for hypocrisy, urging the Brits to do something America would never consider for an instant, tying itself to a group like the EU.

The mayor can't run again for mayor. PM is his next goal.

horses4courses
04-23-2016, 08:01 PM
The mayor can't run again for mayor. PM is his next goal.

Maybe he's taking a shot at Obama to enter another political race.
Boris is US born, after all. :faint:

Tom
04-23-2016, 08:04 PM
And Obama can't run for POTUS again, all he can do now, and all he has been doing for two years now, is trying to cement a legacy.

Perhaps he is considering a run for Wizard of Oz.

Tom
04-23-2016, 08:05 PM
But I doubt he will ever escape his REAL legacy.......

PaceAdvantage
04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Fine, same information in today's NY Times, which I'm sure you already read.H4C chose to selectively ignore this one.

davew
04-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Don't know how many times they can vote, but I just know they can.

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/jul/24/greg-abbott/greg-abbott-dead-voters-Texas/

Ingram put it this way in his testimony: "We believe 239 folks voted in the recent election after passing away" including, he said, 213 who voted in person.

hahahaha

This voter fraud needs to stop - I would support the death penalty for dead voters caught voting, although the democrats would argue it is against all basic human rights guaranteed by the constitution...

Clocker
04-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Obama saved the world all by himself! Who knew?

“Saving the world economy from a Great Depression — that was pretty good,” Obama bragged when asked by a student in London what he wanted his legacy to be.

He recalled that when he visited London in 2009, the world economy was in a “freefall” because of irresponsible behavior of financial institutions around the world.

“For us to be able to mobilize the world’s community, to take rapid action, to stabilize the financial markets, and then in the United States to pass Wall Streets reforms that make it much less likely that a crisis like that can happen again, I’m proud of that,” he said.

Obama also touted his Iran nuclear deal as “something I’m very proud of” asserting that he successfully stopped their nuclear weapons program without going to war.

He griped that everybody forgot about his efforts in stopping the Ebola crisis, saving “hundreds of thousands of lives.”

And on the 7th day he rested.

And played golf.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/23/obama-boasts-britain-saved-world-economy-president/ (http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/23/obama-boasts-britain-saved-world-economy-president/)

davew
04-25-2016, 04:20 PM
When did Britain's empire fold?

delayjf
04-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Obama also touted his Iran nuclear deal as “something I’m very proud of” asserting that he successfully stopped their nuclear weapons program without going to war.

All this while Iran and N. Korea conducts ballistic missile tests with impunity. :bang:

davew
04-25-2016, 09:35 PM
All this while Iran and N. Korea conducts ballistic missile tests with impunity. :bang:

Those ballistic missile tests are because they are planning on colonizing other worlds, and need to start somewhere.