PDA

View Full Version : Cupid off the Derby Trail

cj
04-18-2016, 12:56 PM
...per trainer Bob Baffert.

Robert Fischer
04-18-2016, 01:01 PM
Really unfortunate.

I hope this was a bad decision by Baffert, and the owners caving, and not an injury to Cupid forcing the decision.

Prior to this announcement, Cupid was one of the biggest wildcards in the Derby, and one of the horses whom the public was having the most difficulty handicapping.

SecretAgentMan
04-18-2016, 01:29 PM
One less speedball, & 2 weeks ago I thought there would be a lot of speed in the derby, don't see a lot now.

PowerUpPaynter
04-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Mo Tom in. He's landing in the super. You heard it here first...

ArlJim78
04-18-2016, 08:03 PM
I was just saying today that Cupid is more likely to show up in the Preakness than the derby.

SecretAgentMan
04-18-2016, 08:28 PM
Mo Tom in. He's landing in the super. You heard it here first...

I don't like this horse & won't use him, & I hate the fact he's running in this race, but just in case, will stick him on the bottom in a triple & exacta

PizzaCat
04-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Cupid could be a sneaky play in the Preakness. He was a toss for me in the Derby, so I was hoping for him to be entered and take some money. Hope all is well with him. Add one more closer in Mo Tom to the picture.

Grits
04-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Cupid could be a sneaky play in the Preakness. He was a toss for me in the Derby, so I was hoping for him to be entered and take some money. Hope all is well with him. Add one more closer in Mo Tom to the picture.

This animal will never sneak in anywhere. But virtue of who trains him.;)

Mulerider
04-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Bloodhorse is reporting that according to Baffert, Cupid will undergo surgery for an entrapped epiglottis. (Might be wrong about this, but if I remember correctly that's the surgery Frosted had to correct a breathing problem.)

bks
04-20-2016, 08:48 AM
Sad to hear, but not unexpected. Thought it was clear he had some sort of problem in Ark Derby. No way that whole field of pedestrian horses goes by him without something major going wrong.

Tall One
04-20-2016, 09:07 AM
Bloodhorse is reporting that according to Baffert, Cupid will undergo surgery for an entrapped epiglottis. (Might be wrong about this, but if I remember correctly that's the surgery Frosted had to correct a breathing problem.)

Correct.

Alysheba as well.