PDA

View Full Version : buckasser X

sbcaris
04-17-2016, 04:22 AM
To all who are interested: Only one horse who qualifies on final fractions carries Buckpasser in the X passing position--Nyquist.

turninforhome10
04-17-2016, 06:16 AM
Not counting Creator who has Buckpasser in 3rd quarter from Private Account's Dam? http://www.pedigreequery.com/creator9

sbcaris
04-17-2016, 07:58 AM
What do you mean by having Buckpasser in the third quarter?

SecretAgentMan
04-17-2016, 09:47 AM
So is Nyquist your derby play Caris?

sbcaris
04-17-2016, 11:45 AM
I really cannot give out my final picks since American Turf Monthly is selling them as part of a package.

turninforhome10
04-17-2016, 11:50 AM
What do you mean by having Buckpasser in the third quarter?
1st Quarter Pulpit
2nd Quarter Tap Your Heels
3rd Quarter Privately Held
4th Quarter Charytin

4 quarters to a pedigree.

sbcaris
04-17-2016, 12:58 PM
Let me set something straight. Do you mean for example-- California Chrome who has Buckpasser in the third quarter of his pedigree by way of Numbered Account who is Private Account's dam?

turninforhome10
04-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Let me set something straight. Do you mean for example-- California Chrome who has Buckpasser in the third quarter of his pedigree by way of Numbered Account who is Private Account's dam?
Exact same way except a generation removed. Creator through Privately Held through Private Account

sbcaris
04-17-2016, 01:10 PM
The only other horse I could find on the trail among the contenders for this years Derby who has Numbered Account in the third quarter is Majesto.

dballard125
05-02-2016, 01:59 AM
To all who are interested: Only one horse who qualifies on final fractions carries Buckpasser in the X passing position--Nyquist.

His pedigree may suggest he's somewhat vulnerable but I dont see any way of tossing him from most of my win tickets. He checks nearly every box.

sammy the sage
05-02-2016, 07:29 AM
am told that there is a probability that DC has the large heart as well...outwardly physical characteristic of a large heart is leaf-like ears that curl (bend) at the tips...which he has....

Buckpasser NOT the only way to get a large heart....

Raider
05-02-2016, 10:22 AM
not that it matters, but Danzing Candy has buckpasser DNA through both the second and thrid quarters, none in the x-passing postion. Only four horses have buckpasser in the x-passing postion and one of those four has buckpasser DNA through the second quarter, non x passing.

sbcaris
05-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Sammy the Sage: Who is DC and how does his probable large heart play a role in the above discussion?

f2tornado
05-02-2016, 01:45 PM
Trojan Nation has Buckpasser-x via Lassie Dear. This horse did not meet the raw fractions angle yet Beyer gave the Wood almost same figure as Florida Derby suggesting the track was running 3.6 seconds slower than Gulf. If you want to get cute, that's 1.2 seconds per 3/8th which gives an adjusted final 3/8th of 37.6. Maybe he doesn't do squat in the Derby but it's not very often I have an improving (perhaps rapidly) 50-1 Raise A Native, Buckpasser-x, Family 1 conduit mare, top 8 BSF, appropriate dosage, who was ideally placed at mile pole within a length of the leader. This guy lost a G1 by a head or would be on a lot more radars. If there is a Mine That Bird this year then it's this guy. MTB had Borel and Giacomo had Smith. Not sure about this guy's rider.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Trojan Nation has Buckpasser-x via Lassie Dear. This horse did not meet the raw fractions angle yet Beyer gave the Wood almost same figure as Florida Derby suggesting the track was running 3.6 seconds slower than Gulf. If you want to get cute, that's 1.2 seconds per 3/8th which gives an adjusted final 3/8th of 37.6. Maybe he doesn't do squat in the Derby but it's not very often I have an improving (perhaps rapidly) 50-1 Raise A Native, Buckpasser-x, Family 1 conduit mare, top 8 BSF, appropriate dosage, who was ideally placed at mile pole within a length of the leader. This guy lost a G1 by a head or would be on a lot more radars. If there is a Mine That Bird this year then it's this guy. MTB had Borel and Giacomo had Smith. Not sure about this guy's rider.

It wouldn't shock me at all after seeing a triple crown winner to have a maiden win the KD, & Trojan.Nation lost to Cupid by 9 lengths, so I don't know if he suddenly woke up in.the slop or what, very strange year.

Nyquist is a well deservingly favorite in the KD, no one can take that away from him, but you better have the speed & numbers like Big Brown or Smarty Jones as an.undefeated horse to blow the field away, & I don't see it here.

Heck, maybe we're looking so hard into all the horses & the one that doesn't have any number or PP comes flying in & wins, Lani.

PowerUpPaynter
05-02-2016, 02:48 PM
It wouldn't shock me at all after seeing a triple crown winner to have a maiden win the KD, & Trojan.Nation lost to Cupid by 9 lengths, so I don't know if he suddenly woke up in.the slop or what, very strange year.

Nyquist is a well deservingly favorite in the KD, no one can take that away from him, but you better have the speed & numbers like Big Brown or Smarty Jones as an.undefeated horse to blow the field away, & I don't see it here.

Heck, maybe we're looking so hard into all the horses & the one that doesn't have any number or PP comes flying in & wins, Lani.

Strangest thing about Nyquist is if you dont think he will win OK fine, i have no problem with that but its laughable to me when people are like hes a total toss or something like that. He is a deserving favorite at 7 for 7. Its a weak crop i kind of expect him to win or at least certainly not be shocked if he does.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Strangest thing about Nyquist is if you dont think he will win OK fine, i have no problem with that but its laughable to me when people are like hes a total toss or something like that. He is a deserving favorite at 7 for 7. Its a weak crop i kind of expect him to win or at least certainly not be shocked if he does.

He will not be on top of any of my tickets, none! I don't like him, doesn't meant he's not deserving as a favorite. I think the best he does is come in 2nd like Bodemeister.

clocker7
05-02-2016, 03:24 PM
I forget. This time last year, what was the discussion? Mind-blowing figs for AP?

PowerUpPaynter
05-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I forget. This time last year, what was the discussion? Mind-blowing figs for AP?

Iv tried to sell myself on other horses because I just didnt want to go chalk but it always comes back to Nyquist for me. Luckily I got him in the futures at 7-1 and will likely be my main play on top and through out exotics tickets. Will also play exotics with Mohaymen, Creator, Gun Runner, Danzing Candy, Outwork, Whitmore on top. Maybe a few others. Luckily I made 4 futures bets Whitmore will pay around 1350, Nyquist will pay around 650, Moheyman will pay around 450, and Danzing Candy Will pay around 450. Changes everything and gives me a ton of flexibility, never really played the futures much before.

I guess my support of Nyquist is more an indictment of the field that he is facing then my overall support for Nyquist. But again, Im not totally confident in him and wont be shocked if he loses. Mohaymen my 2nd choice and yes SecretAgentMan you sold me on Gun Runner as my 3rd choice.

*all subject to change after post position draw* lol

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 03:34 PM

How great AP's numbers were, how great he looked in his workouts, the hype Baffert was giving him along with every clocker under the sun, & he backed it up.

Nyquist is not getting even have the hype from clockers, & he certainly doesn't have the numbers, but has a better record going into.the derby than most have in.the past.

If Nyquist wins, I may retire from betting the KD, that's how bad I would feel.if he won.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Iv tried to sell myself on other horses because I just didnt want to go chalk but it always comes back to Nyquist for me. Luckily I got him in the futures at 7-1 and will likely be my main play on top and through out exotics tickets. Will also play exotics with Mohaymen, Creator, Gun Runner, Danzing Candy on top. Maybe a few others.

I guess my support of Nyquist is more an indictment of the field that he is facing then my overall support for Nyquist. But again, Im not totally confident in him and wont be shocked if he loses.

I admit, the remaking field isn't up.to par with what Nyquist has done, but in a 20 horse field, you better be outstanding & dominant, no matter who the horses are, & I just don't see that from Nyquist, even tho he's 7 for 7

PowerUpPaynter
05-02-2016, 03:37 PM
How great AP's numbers were, how great he looked in his workouts, the hype Baffert was giving him along with every clocker under the sun, & he backed it up.

Nyquist is not getting even have the hype from clockers, & he certainly doesn't have the numbers, but has a better record going into.the derby than most have in.the past.

If Nyquist wins, I may retire from betting the KD, that's how bad I would feel.if he won.

the confidence shown by O'Neal is pretty solid tho. They had no doubt in flying Nyquist across the country to take on Mohaymen and beat him pretty good combined with the fact that he is lightly raced this year almost like they are setting him up for a triple crown run.

clocker7
05-02-2016, 03:43 PM

That's not the proper response. Instead, it should be something along the lines of "I will adjust my methodology to the facts at hand, and become a better person for it."

Horse racing from a bettor's standpoint should be measured, even-keeled, non-emotional and very impersonal.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 03:49 PM
the confidence shown by O'Neal is pretty solid tho. They had no doubt in flying Nyquist across the country to take on Mohaymen and beat him pretty good combined with the fact that he is lightly raced this year almost like they are setting him up for a triple crown run.

You could be right, & if we see another triple crown will ner, I hope its him & he stays undefeated.

But I have my doubt's about him.

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 03:53 PM
That's not the proper response. Instead, it should be something along the lines of "I will adjust my methodology to the facts at hand, and become a better person for it."

Horse racing from a bettor's standpoint should be measured, even-keeled, non-emotional and very impersonal.

I know, but my biggest scores ever have been in the KD, its like gold at the end of the rainbow. Ever since the point system.came in, something has changed. The breeding of horses, etc....but whatever it is, my capping hasn't caught up, or maybe its I just don't want to believe what's going on.

Nyquiata numbers don't relate to any undefeated KD winner I've ever seen, & to me, he's an anomaly at 7 for 7 with 4 G1 winners & not a decent beyer to match his record.

Maybe he hasn't needs to race hard to beat this years horses, hence the low numbers, but if we see another favorite, I think I will stick to sports betting, where its easier to adapt to change in handicapping methods than horse racing.

PowerUpPaynter
05-02-2016, 04:08 PM
I know, but my biggest scores ever have been in the KD, its like gold at the end of the rainbow. Ever since the point system.came in, something has changed. The breeding of horses, etc....but whatever it is, my capping hasn't caught up, or maybe its I just don't want to believe what's going on.

Nyquiata numbers don't relate to any undefeated KD winner I've ever seen, & to me, he's an anomaly at 7 for 7 with 4 G1 winners & not a decent beyer to match his record.

Maybe he hasn't needs to race hard to beat this years horses, hence the low numbers, but if we see another favorite, I think I will stick to sports betting, where its easier to adapt to change in handicapping methods than horse racing.

man iv read a few people say the will abandon betting the sport or the derby if Nyquist wins... Like these people who say they will move to Canada if Trump wins. lol

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 04:23 PM
man iv read a few people say the will abandon betting the sport or the derby if Nyquist wins... Like these people who say they will move to Canada if Trump wins. lol

Lol, the political system needs rattled in this country, so if Trump wins, I'm not going anywhere.

As for me, I might have over stated my position of what I will do if Nyquist wins, lol, I just get frustrated.

PowerUpPaynter
05-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Lol, the political system needs rattled in this country, so if Trump wins, I'm not going anywhere.

As for me, I might have over stated my position of what I will do if Nyquist wins, lol, I just get frustrated.

You should of said if Nyquist wins your only betting Woodbine and teh Queens Plate!!! LOL

SecretAgentMan
05-02-2016, 04:49 PM
You should of said if Nyquist wins your only betting Woodbine and teh Queens Plate!!! LOL

Haha, I think I played Woodbine like 4 or 5 times in my life.

I'm gonna watch the derby specials this week & on derby day, I want to see what the supposed experts have to say, I hope they're all on Nyquist, but I guarantee you they will be all over the place.