PDA

View Full Version : 4/17 Keeneland R9 $66K Alwn3x 1 1/16th Turf

Lemon Drop Husker
04-17-2016, 02:06 AM
12 will get to the gate as we have 2 AE's looking to get in with 1 MTO.

Looks to be sunny and 80, so I'm looking at the actual 12 in the form.

:1: Schoolofhardrocks: Last out winner will take on a tougher field this time around. He is in form, but will likely need a career best to pull this one out after a career best.

:2: Bullards Alley: This entry is all over the board on conditions, surfaces, and chances. I'll let this 12/1 beat me, much less if he even hits the board.

:3: Can'thelpbelieving: Major contender as Motion has shipped in some solid winners this meet. Lightly raced like many in Motion's barn, and pulls in Flat from the West Coast. This guy is positioned for a great effort and can't be dismissed. Decent favorite.

:4: Taghleeb: He always seems to be in the mix, and always puts in a good effort. He just never wins. Tough toss with JV and Kiaran, but until he proves better, a play against.

:5: Ride On Curlin: OK. So now they try turf. Reeks of a desperation move.

:6: Kasaqui: All I need to see is ARG. Couldn't handle OC $40K at Turfway. How is he going to handle these?

:7: Speightsland: Distance may be a challenge, but he does get a jockey upgrade. Tough call, but can be an exotics player.

:8: Quality Bird: 8 for 11 hitting the board. This guy always seems to be in the mix, and has ran in Graded Stakes company. Not sure he is a win candidate, but an exotics must.

:9: Saturday Launch: Needs a name change to Sunday Lunch, because that is all his connections will enjoy today.

:10: Flashlight: Major player, but I'll play against for the win.

:11: Trace Creek: Tough trainer change as this guy has clunked under the new guidance since the switch. Luis Saez is on fire though, and the back class is extremely interesting. He gets back to turf where he runs best as well. No way he goes off at the 15/1 ML.

:12: Oak Brook: Geroux on turf. Can't really dismiss. 10 for 14 in the money. Weird and tough form to read on this one.

W: :11:
EX: :3::11::12: Box
TRI: :11::12:/:3::8::11::12:/:3::4::8::10::11::12:

FlintAtTheFetlock
04-17-2016, 12:07 PM
12 will get to the gate as we have 2 AE's looking to get in with 1 MTO.

Looks to be sunny and 80, so I'm looking at the actual 12 in the form.

:1: Schoolofhardrocks: Last out winner will take on a tougher field this time around. He is in form, but will likely need a career best to pull this one out after a career best.

:3: Can'thelpbelieving: Major contender as Motion has shipped in some solid winners this meet. Lightly raced like many in Motion's barn, and pulls in Flat from the West Coast. This guy is positioned for a great effort and can't be dismissed. Decent favorite.

:4: Taghleeb: He always seems to be in the mix, and always puts in a good effort. He just never wins. Tough toss with JV and Kiaran, but until he proves better, a play against.

:11: Trace Creek: Tough trainer change as this guy has clunked under the new guidance since the switch. Luis Saez is on fire though, and the back class is extremely interesting. He gets back to turf where he runs best as well. No way he goes off at the 15/1 ML.

:

Thanks for your insights. I had totally missed the :11:. I now have regrouped on my Super High Five.

I like :4: best who had an excuse at start in last. Second off with JV familiar should be all systems go today. Also has a W over track

The :3: scares me but strikes me just as likely to finish second as the :4:, so I’m using him underneath

I think :1: is the sleeper with peaking form and with a ground saving rail trip could upset. Agree will need to step up again but don’t see why he cant. I will use him on top only. Boom or Bust.

I will now use the :11: in my SH5 probably as a 2 key or 3 key. I just think others here are stronger Win candidates but a logical use in exotics.

:7: and :10: look like the same horse to me similar profiles freshened retooled for top outfits, will be on my ticket

:8: I see your point of his ability to get on tickets and will now surgically insert him in the middle of my SH5 and bottom of TRI.

Good Luck

TRI
:1: :4: / :3: :11: / :3: :4: :7: :8: :10: :11:
If I'm up I will add the :7: :10: in the two hole, else holding my fire for the SH5 spread.

bks
04-17-2016, 05:18 PM
Going to use the :2: with some of the logical contenders. Last turf fig was a big one against graded company going longer (Kaigun, Big John B and Da Big Hoss would all be odds on here). Two main track clunkers featured wide trips into slowish paces, so we get an inflated price.
:2: / :3: :4: :7: :8: :10:
:3: :4: :7: :8: :10: / :2:

Tee
04-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Kinda pace scenario for :7: Speightsland? Maybe it's the :10: Flashlight.

Lemon Drop Husker
04-17-2016, 05:39 PM
:6: Kasaqui: All I need to see is ARG. Couldn't handle OC $40K at Turfway. How is he going to handle these?

Ummmm...., obviously he handled "these" quite well winning by daylight. :blush: