PDA

View Full Version : Very odd race at Gulfstream (2nd Apr 16)

Stillriledup
04-16-2016, 01:37 PM
Was a big battle into the turn, the 4-5 shot was working very hard and looked dead in the water approaching the top of the stretch, the 5 horse at a big price looked like he was going to win by 10 while cruising 3 wide in hand looking full of run, and in the blink of an eye, the favorite spurted clear, another contender slipped up the rail and the top 2 favorites ran 1-2 with this 'full of run' longshot a well beaten 3rd.

If you turned the tv off halfway thru the race and i told you the favorite beat the 5 horse by 10 lengths (with the 5 not actually breaking down) you wouldn't have believed me.

Greatest game on earth. :ThmbUp:

ArlJim78
04-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Come on, the five does that every time.
You can't be seriously surprised that he folded up shop very quickly after making his little run on the turn.

Stillriledup
04-16-2016, 02:47 PM
You don't normally see horses cruising under a hold lose by 10 lengths with a 1/4 mile to go to horses who are being pushed and shoved and going nowhere. That was my point, but maybe it was a bad point. :D

kevb
04-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Agreed, unusual. If I had been at the track, at the 1/8th pole, I would have torn up my tri ticket with the favorite keyed on top.

Stillriledup
04-17-2016, 01:18 AM
Agreed, unusual. If I had been at the track, at the 1/8th pole, I would have torn up my tri ticket with the favorite keyed on top.
Thank you! He was shoving along and going nowhere I know my eyes weren't deceiving me!

Stillriledup
04-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Similarly odd race today at Churchill in the 3rd.

Tell me you wanted all your money on a 231
Tri into the far turn. :D

The duelers looked cooked at the long 7f distance, the 6 loomed in hand like he was going to win by 10, I guess you never know.