PDA

View Full Version : NYRA Roku channel

SG4
04-15-2016, 10:29 PM
Does anyone use the NYRA Roku channel? I used to have intermittent issues with its connectivity but now I'm going on a few months where it just hasn't worked for me period. I've unplugged the Roku & all that, still no luck. Is it just me with these problems or are others experiencing the same?

JimG
04-16-2016, 06:27 AM
Does anyone use the NYRA Roku channel? I used to have intermittent issues with its connectivity but now I'm going on a few months where it just hasn't worked for me period. I've unplugged the Roku & all that, still no luck. Is it just me with these problems or are others experiencing the same?

Yes. Rebooting the Roku will allow it to work for me for a session or two. After that it will say the video is unavailable. Started happening a few months ago. Prior to that it was rock solid. I contacted Andy via twitter and he told me no one else had indicated any problem with the app. He sent the problem to their staff and they advised I re-boot my Roku which does work for my Roku 3.

If you rebooted and that did not help. You may want to uninstall, then reinstall the channel. Also, check your NYRA Rewards account to make sure it is still linked. Other than that, I do not know.

Jim

SG4
04-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Yes. Rebooting the Roku will allow it to work for me for a session or two. After that it will say the video is unavailable. Started happening a few months ago. Prior to that it was rock solid. I contacted Andy via twitter and he told me no one else had indicated any problem with the app. He sent the problem to their staff and they advised I re-boot my Roku which does work for my Roku 3.

If you rebooted and that did not help. You may want to uninstall, then reinstall the channel. Also, check your NYRA Rewards account to make sure it is still linked. Other than that, I do not know.

Jim

Did all the above, still no luck. Wonder how many people are actually using this channel, when they say nobody else indicated a problem do you ever get the feeling there's like 5 other people using it?

GatetoWire
04-17-2016, 12:44 AM
I use it and have had the same issue.
I generally need to re-boot the Roku every day but once I do it always works.

EMD4ME
12-24-2016, 09:20 PM
So, just for shits and giggles, I set up the ROKU that NYRA gave me.

Got through it relatively quickly. Then...

Couldn't find the NYRA channel. 30 minutes of wasted life later, went to NYRA rewards, googled etc. Found nothing useful.

Went to "my account" in NYRA Rewards, copied and pasted the "ROKU LINKING CODE", USELESS.

I am absolutely convinced that NYRA removed the TV access, so that they can close Telebet, have handle drop BIG TIME and then say:

Aqueduct needs to close, we just can't be profitable with it open and running live racing.

Dirty politicians and NYRA crooks sell AQU to the highest developer and many get tons of cash in their pockets.

Ala Roosevelt Raceway and almost like other well known tracks that are worth more as pieces of "low income housing" "condo" etc.

If a 40 year old with relevantly decent tech savy (Overall I am a tech idiot but I am above others my age) can't figure out, there is no way the average older person will.

Still disgusted and repulsed.

Now with that said, can anyone direct me into how I can add this channel to my Roku? What is the secret to adding the channel? I looked to see if I could delete and recreate my linking code, not possible.

I checked all of PA's threads, googled it, checked tons of pages, nothing helpful.

Garyinseattle
12-24-2016, 09:40 PM

Couldn't find the NYRA channel. 30 minutes of wasted life later, went to NYRA rewards, googled etc. Found nothing useful.

Went to "my account" in NYRA Rewards, copied and pasted the "ROKU LINKING CODE", USELESS.

I am absolutely convinced that NYRA removed the TV access, so that they can close Telebet, have handle drop BIG TIME and then say:

Aqueduct needs to close, we just can't be profitable with it open and running live racing.

Dirty politicians and NYRA crooks sell AQU to the highest developer and many get tons of cash in their pockets.

Ala Roosevelt Raceway and almost like other well known tracks that are worth more as pieces of "low income housing" "condo" etc.

If a 40 year old with relevantly decent tech savy (Overall I am a tech idiot but I am above others my age) can't figure out, there is no way the average older person will.

Now with that said, can anyone direct me into how I can add this channel to my Roku? What is the secret to adding the channel? I looked to see if I could delete and recreate my linking code, not possible.

I checked all of PA's threads, googled it, checked tons of pages, nothing helpful.

I agree. NYRA definitely set up a ROKU channel, then put a bug in it so it doesn't work in an attempt to close Aqueduct. Makes perfect sense.

IF the track survives this well thought out attack on it's ability to continue then the next step will probably be to ship in in the Loch Ness Monster and set him in the infield lake with the hopes he will feed on horses as they pass the finish line....causing trainers to really second guess on running there......eventually forcing the track to close due to a severe horse shortage.

I think both of these strategies make a lot of sense.

plainolebill
12-25-2016, 02:36 AM
I agree. NYRA definitely set up a ROKU channel, then put a bug in it so it doesn't work in an attempt to close Aqueduct. Makes perfect sense.

IF the track survives this well thought out attack on it's ability to continue then the next step will probably be to ship in in the Loch Ness Monster and set him in the infield lake with the hopes he will feed on horses as they pass the finish line....causing trainers to really second guess on running there......eventually forcing the track to close due to a severe horse shortage.

I think both of these strategies make a lot of sense.

:D Makes sense to me, I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that.

JimG
12-25-2016, 10:38 AM
I use the NYRA app on my Roku often, so I am not sure what the recent posts are about?

To put the NYRA app on your roku:

1) sign in to your roku account at www.roku.com
2) Once signed in, click on your account, then under manage account, click on add a channel, In channel access code enter NYRA It will then ask you if you want to add the NYRA channel to your account. Click yes, then go to your ROKU.
3) In Roku, the channel will not appear until you update the Roku. You do this by going to settings, then system update. The Roku will then add the private NYRA channel. After doing this, then go to your Roku home menu, click on NYRA app and it will ask you for the linking code from your NYRABets account you referred to earlier. Enter the linking code and you are all set. When the races are not running, they have a continuous loop of "Talking Horses" on.

That's it. It seems like a lot, but it is a one time thing once the app has been added and linked correctly. There was more steps because it is a private, not a public roku channel.

Hope that helps you. If you get stuck, write back.

Jim

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 10:44 AM
I use the NYRA app on my Roku often, so I am not sure what the recent posts are about?

If you have put the app on your Roku, the first time you try to use it , you will need to put in the linking code from your NYRA account. If you are having trouble putting the app on your Roku, I will try to walk you through it.

Jim

Thank you Jim.

I set up the roku. I did a search and couldn't find the NYRA network..I quickly realized you need an account to see it as its possibly a private channel, went to Nyra rewards and Nyra bets. Found the Roku option. Clicked on their link to add the channel. A new roku page opened up. My info was there and I was logged in to my roku account. It asked me for an access code to add my channel. I copy and pasted (and manually) took my linking code and nothing..

I got a nyra person I know to try and help me but they couldn't..

Yes. Please help Jim. Thank you.

JimG
12-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Please see my edited post above.

Jim

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 10:53 AM
I will do so when I'm back in front of it..thanks Jim..

Btw , are these instructions somewhere? How else will anyone else know to do this?

JimG
12-25-2016, 10:58 AM
I think some instructions are in NYRABets but it is down right now, likely for Christmas. Not a good time to add the channel. LOL

I will try to keep an eye on this thread tomorrow in the am to see if any questions arise. I have been using the for over a year with only minor hiccups at times. For the most part, it has worked well.

Jim

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 10:59 AM
I think some instructions are in NYRABets but it is down right now, likely for Christmas. Not a good time to add the channel. LOL

I will try to keep an eye on this thread tomorrow in the am to see if any questions arise. I have been using the for over a year with only minor hiccups at times. For the most part, it has worked well.

Jim

Thank you again !!!!!

By any chance , do you use RTN as well? If yes, any issues?

JimG
12-25-2016, 11:03 AM
Thank you again !!!!!

By any chance , do you use RTN as well? If yes, any issues?

Yes I do for this month, and it has great potential. I love the hd feeds of Tampa Bay and Gulfstream as well as feeds of all tracks. At times it does buffer which is an indication of not enough server capacity or download speed on my part. I have plenty of internet speed and connect wired, not wireless so I think it is an issue with them. Yesterday I was watching a race, and it buffered as they turned for home, which was maddening. LOL

Jim

JimG
12-25-2016, 11:06 AM
BTW, If you get the livestream app for your Roku, there is an hd feed of Gulfstream and Laurel on it as well as XBTV Live when they broadcast on most Saturdays. The app is free and you can do a simple search for the streams.

Jim

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 11:36 AM
I need to find a solution for allowing my elderly parents to watch NYRA from 12-5 ish and then the ability to easily flick on a channel, to watch any upcoming race.

I figured RTN might be the best option or the TVG channel.

I need the minimum amount of intervention possible as they can barely go up and down channel surfing.

Any ideas?

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 11:40 AM
Yes I do for this month, and it has great potential. I love the hd feeds of Tampa Bay and Gulfstream as well as feeds of all tracks. At times it does buffer which is an indication of not enough server capacity or download speed on my part. I have plenty of internet speed and connect wired, not wireless so I think it is an issue with them. Yesterday I was watching a race, and it buffered as they turned for home, which was maddening. LOL

Jim

This is exactly why I go to the track 110 times a year and watch on my TV at home when I'm not at the track.

I HATE BUFFERING, it's a deal breaker

JimG
12-25-2016, 11:51 AM
TVG does show NYRA but other tracks as well during that time frame. If it is on your parents cable or satellite, that would be the easiest option for them. Roku NYRA channel would be second easiest and RTN probably most difficult for them.

Jim

Secondbest
12-25-2016, 12:28 PM

I agree.Genting wants a hotel ,Cuomo wants a hotel, as soon as it's assured live table games
Happen goodbye to the Big A.

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 12:41 PM
TVG does show NYRA but other tracks as well during that time frame. If it is on your parents cable or satellite, that would be the easiest option for them. Roku NYRA channel would be second easiest and RTN probably most difficult for them.

Jim

Jim, I finally got it set up, what a blanken ordeal. Much MUCH obliged and thank you very much.

So, sounds like my parents are screwed and my uncle in NYC. (No TVG, Roku seems to be too many clicks for them, RTN, you say is harder)

This industry is THE DUMBEST industry I have ever seen.

Average of clientele is 100 years old and they take away the easiest option. TV channel.

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 12:43 PM
I agree.Genting wants a hotel ,Cuomo wants a hotel, as soon as it's assured live table games
Happen goodbye to the Big A.

It only 2 takes 2 brain cells to see what the crooks are up to. In the off chance that is not the case, then, they are purely stupid.

Sadly, most people are blinded and refuse to see it.

JimG
12-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Jim, I finally got it set up, what a blanken ordeal. Much MUCH obliged and thank you very much.

So, sounds like my parents are screwed and my uncle in NYC. (No TVG, Roku seems to be too many clicks for them, RTN, you say is harder)

Average of clientele is 100 years old and they take away the easiest option. TV channel.

Glad you got it set up. Maybe over time you can set it up for your parents as well. Wish mine were still around to set it up for...anyway, I digress, you have a great holiday.

Jim

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Glad you got it set up. Maybe over time you can set it up for your parents as well. Wish mine were still around to set it up for...anyway, I digress, you have a great holiday.

Jim

We're in mourning and forcing ourselves to move ahead. I deeply sympathize Jim.... :(

I'm sorry to have added to any feelings of sadness with my stupid situation.

JimG
12-25-2016, 12:51 PM
We're in mourning and forcing ourselves to move ahead. I deeply sympathize Jim.... :(

I'm sorry to have added to any feelings of sadness with my stupid situation.

If I were you, I would check out RTN on Roku for a month to see what you think. It is the future...just not quite ready for prime time, in my opinion. I do enjoy watching some jai alai on there. LOL

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 12:53 PM
If I were you, I would check out RTN on Roku for a month to see what you think. It is the future...just not quite ready for prime time, in my opinion. I do enjoy watching some jai alai on there. LOL

I have RTN for replays for my laptop.

Do I need to get the "RTN" Channel?

JimG
12-25-2016, 12:57 PM
I have RTN for replays for my laptop.

Do I need to get the "RTN" Channel?

Yes. It is a private channel just like the NYRA channel. Same steps as above, except instead of putting NYRA, put rtntvbeta You have to be subscribed to live feeds to watch. Unfortunately, they do not yet have the replays on the roku app. When using the rtn app for the first time...go here www.rtn.tv/rokulink to link your account.

Jim

titans1127
12-25-2016, 01:12 PM
The RTN app is good but still pretty buggy. The month that I used it I found that the longer I watched a single track, going back to switch to something else would cause the app and the Roku to completely freeze, warranting a pull of the power to reboot it.

garyoz
12-25-2016, 01:33 PM
If you're getting access to a private network like NYRA or RTN, don't forget to unplug and restart your ROKU player when you are setting it up. It will need to load the new software, or the channel won't appear. You can't find private channels through the standard search option and need to follow the instructions provided by the content provider.

As an aside, I have no problems with the NYRA Roku channel. I think that it is one of the major benefits of a NYRA Bets account. It doesn't buffer, but it runs about a minute or so behind the feed from the web site. Be careful about being shut out...(has happened to me)

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 02:42 PM
If you're getting access to a private network like NYRA or RTN, don't forget to unplug and restart your ROKU player when you are setting it up. It will need to load the new software, or the channel won't appear. You can't find private channels through the standard search option and need to follow the instructions provided by the content provider.

As an aside, I have no problems with the NYRA Roku channel. I think that it is one of the major benefits of a NYRA Bets account. It doesn't buffer, but it runs about a minute or so behind the feed from the web site. Be careful about being shut out...(has happened to me)

Good to hear, except for the last part (1 minute behind). What good is that if you're checking live exactas, odds etc? Nevermind getting shut out.

titans1127
12-25-2016, 02:45 PM
The RTN app is a good 60 seconds behind plus whatever the normal delay is for the streams you get from your ADW or TVG. Its terrible from a wagering standpoint.

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 02:47 PM
The RTN app is a good 60 seconds behind plus whatever the normal delay is for the streams you get from your ADW or TVG. Its terrible from a wagering standpoint.

only reaffirms my main original point. why get rid of live tv access?

thespaah
12-25-2016, 03:03 PM

How could RTN be harder? its a satellite receiver from Dish. All they have to do is turn the thing on tune to the correct channel and VOILA!...Leave the thing alone until the day's races are concluded.
The only thing is being able to set up a satellite antenna?
Living in one of the 5 boroughs, I assume the live in some type of multi-family building?
That in and of itself may prove problematic. They are in one of the outer boroughs and live in a single family home or duplex, it make make things easier.
If you want to go down the RTN road, PM me. I helped Dave Schwartz with his RTN setup. I had 12 years of experience with Dish/Directv and Primestar.

thespaah
12-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Good to hear, except for the last part (1 minute behind). What good is that if you're checking live exactas, odds etc? Nevermind getting shut out.
One thing everyone will have to realize is that if you are not at the track, there is no such thing as "real time"....There is always a lag.....The equipment with the latest technology can process audio and video and transmit it only so quickly.
Over the air has the least time lag. Then cable tv. Then satellite tv. Then internet streaming.
You'll have to develop your own "head clock"....If you are viewing the NYRA feed and notice the clock says X:X3 PM, think of it as X:X4 PM in real time.
In other words, unless you are heavily reliant on betting the bell and having real time odds and exacta probables, then just bet a minute earlier than you are used to....

therussmeister
12-25-2016, 03:50 PM
One thing everyone will have to realize is that if you are not at the track, there is no such thing as "real time"....There is always a lag.....The equipment with the latest technology can process audio and video and transmit it only so quickly.
Over the air has the least time lag. Then cable tv. Then satellite tv. Then internet streaming.
You'll have to develop your own "head clock"....If you are viewing the NYRA feed and notice the clock says X:X3 PM, think of it as X:X4 PM in real time.
In other words, unless you are heavily reliant on betting the bell and having real time odds and exacta probables, then just bet a minute earlier than you are used to....
The live stream on NYRA's website runs a fraction of a second ahead of the signal at my brick and mortar wagering outlet, and generally these days a track's website live feed has very little delay.

thespaah
12-25-2016, 04:15 PM
The live stream on NYRA's website runs a fraction of a second ahead of the signal at my brick and mortar wagering outlet, and generally these days a track's website live feed has very little delay.
Generally yes. In fact the feed on NYRA Live is actually ahead of the TVG feed.
However to address EMD4ME's concerns, no it is not real time.

titans1127
12-25-2016, 06:06 PM
I always find TVG to be about up to 5 seconds behind my ADW streams. Some days they are identical though.

EMD4ME
12-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I always find TVG to be about up to 5 seconds behind my ADW streams. Some days they are identical though.

My CABLE feed is only 2 seconds or sometimes equal to my nyra rewards feed.

Unacceptable

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Today, I couldn't be on track due to an illness in the family.

Was at the middle to tail end of my betting and it said race was not available. I look at my stupid ROKU channel and the horses aren't even loading YET.

Must've been a 45 to 60 second delay, not the few seconds people were hoping it would be.

I STAND BY EVERYTHING I SAID IN THE CLOSED THREAD. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SLAP TO A PLAYER'S FACE THAT YOU COULD IMAGINE.

BY FAR THE DUMBEST BUSINESS DECISION NYRA HAS EEEEVVVVEEERRR MADE.

I WILL MAKE IT A POINT, TO FIGHT FOR MY TV CHANNEL BACK UNTIL THE DAY I ACTUALLY DIE.

Not even kidding. I sent a long letter to Chris Kay almost 2 weeks ago. I heard he sent his intel team out to find out who I was (Despite me giving him my account # and name).

I had the NYRA chief revenue officer view my profile on Linked In but that's as far as they went in terms of communicating to me.

I never heard back.

TERRIBLE AND BRUTAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Now, it's time to write to the NYRA Board Of Directors.

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 01:11 PM
It just keeps getting better.

:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
01-02-2017, 02:38 PM

I WILL MAKE IT A POINT, TO FIGHT FOR MY TV CHANNEL BACK UNTIL THE DAY I ACTUALLY DIE.

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 02:39 PM

DO NOT compare me to her. I actually matter :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Poor Andy's getting a few people asking where their Horse TV Channel is on this Twitter thing.

I hope he communicates that to his "superiors".

titans1127
01-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Today, I couldn't be on track due to an illness in the family.

Was at the middle to tail end of my betting and it said race was not available. I look at my stupid ROKU channel and the horses aren't even loading YET.

Must've been a 45 to 60 second delay, not the few seconds people were hoping it would be.

I STAND BY EVERYTHING I SAID IN THE CLOSED THREAD. THIS IS THE BIGGEST SLAP TO A PLAYER'S FACE THAT YOU COULD IMAGINE.

BY FAR THE DUMBEST BUSINESS DECISION NYRA HAS EEEEVVVVEEERRR MADE.

Not even kidding. I sent a long letter to Chris Kay almost 2 weeks ago. I heard he sent his intel team out to find out who I was (Despite me giving him my account # and name).

I had the NYRA chief revenue officer view my profile on Linked In but that's as far as they went in terms of communicating to me.

I never heard back.

TERRIBLE AND BRUTAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Now, it's time to write to the NYRA Board Of Directors.I mean we already established that there is around a 1 minute delay in the feed. Not that hard to factor that in when placing your wagers. Or you could just use the computer for a more real time feed.

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 03:55 PM
I mean we already established that there is around a 1 minute delay in the feed. Not that hard to factor that in when placing your wagers. Or you could just use the computer for a more real time feed.

DOES NOT make it OK or an intelligent business decision.

JimG
01-02-2017, 04:02 PM
DOES NOT make it OK or an intelligent business decision.

How are your parents adapting?

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 04:06 PM
How are your parents adapting?

Sunday I was on track. Dad called me and said something popped up and the horses went away.

I tried to walk him throughout it. It took me till I got home, 5 hours later.

My uncle in NYC called and said I can't follow the races anymore. Been betting horses since 1960 or so. He's back in 1995 or so now. Sad.

Jim,

Very thoughtful of you to ask :ThmbUp:

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 04:41 PM
$5000-$8000 a day in handle on the weekends, so put a 60 inch TV in your parents house, pay someone $100 to set it up with a computer and they'll be all set.

Or....complain nonstop and post really stupid (but hilarious) things like you're going to fight for "your" channel until you die.

As horseplayers our success depends on our ability to adapt. Food for thought :ThmbUp:

Miff
01-02-2017, 05:35 PM
NYRA clowns just slapped NYers who have watched that signal as far back the OTB days. Many of the old timers who watch from home now and are shut out with no computer or TVG. NYRA shill Serling alibing re cost yet NYRA receives $50 plus million from slots for capital/improvements. Clown CEO Kay spends money on idiotic murals, new trophy design, Red Jacket ceremony, idiotic structure at SPA but there is no money to continue signal to millions in the 5boroughs

Make no mistake NYRA does not care about players and does NOT deserve your play

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 05:46 PM
NYRA clowns just slapped NYers who have watched that signal as far back the OTB days. Many of the old timers who watch from home now and are shut out with no computer or TVG. NYRA shill Serling alibing re cost yet NYRA receives $50 plus million from slots for capital/improvements. Clown CEO Kay spends money on idiotic murals, new trophy design, Red Jacket ceremony, idiotic structure at SPA but there is no money to continue signal to millions in the 5boroughs

Make no mistake NYRA does not care about players and does NOT deserve your play

I agree. Where have you been? The homers who reside here quote the company BS. Finally a breath of HONEST air.

elhelmete
01-02-2017, 05:50 PM
People scoffed at Netflix when they split into streaming and DVD delivery. They aren't laughing now.

I think racing associations are very wise and forward thinking to do their own version of cord-cutting. Maintaining a traditional channel on cable systems is archaic and complicated and $$. You'll never get nationwide coverage. Or seamless mobile.

I'm starting to really dig XBTV...

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 05:53 PM
People scoffed at Netflix when they split into streaming and DVD delivery. They aren't laughing now.

I think racing associations are very wise and forward thinking to do their own version of cord-cutting. Maintaining a traditional channel on cable systems is archaic and complicated and $$. You'll never get nationwide coverage. Or seamless mobile.

Do you live in NYC? Are you a die hard NYRA follower who relies upon being on track and watching the races via our cable channel?

It doesn't sound like it. So, you would NOT understand.

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 05:54 PM

Listen, please stop inserting logic and real world answers in this thread.

Even though it's 2017 racing should stay in 1985 because people might be reluctant to adapt to technology that actually improves the watching of races.

elhelmete
01-02-2017, 05:55 PM
Do you live in NYC? Are you a die hard NYRA follower who relies upon being on track and watching the races via our cable channel?

It doesn't sound like it. So, you would NOT understand.

Was it your only way to watch the races? I can watch every NYRA race via a few different ways.

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Was it your only way to watch the races? I can watch every NYRA race via a few different ways.
No it's his parents only way. He's been offered solutions for weeks and he refuses to try them.

Hes the Veruca Salt of Paceadvantage. He wants his TV channel back and he wants it now!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Secondbest
01-02-2017, 06:03 PM
It's 2 days now and I have not made a bet at Aqu. Since I have to watch online anyway I'd rather bet Gulf than than the crap they run on the Inner.
Plus Acacia Courtney is much easier on the eyes than Andy.( no offense Andy)

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:21 PM
I am on track 110 days a year. But my parents aren't.

When I bet from home, my laptop is my formulator, replays, TFUS etc. My TV is what I look at (past the laptop) for the race and it's as close to live as you can get. If I have to toggle, it's wasted time.

NYC is a different breed. We have been living in NYC OTBS, filled with smoke, paper and pen cappers that don't know how to spell internet. They bet on track and when they don't, they are old, so they rely upon easy.

This isn't Idaho here. Or Cali. It's NYC. Average age of horseplayer is collecting SS.

10 million people to reach out to via the channel. But let's get rid of it for $500,000.

A travesty.

We horseplayers know, the game is entrenched into us. By taking away having the racing channel on in people's homes, they just took away many people's main source of enjoyment.

Back to my situation, it hurts my gambling but who gives a sheeit about a 7 figure exotic player right? :rolleyes:

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:26 PM
The question again, needs to be asked, when will NYRA Layoff all their telebet employees, due to the channel being shut off???

How can telebet survive with all this "forward" :rolleyes: thinking?

Miff
01-02-2017, 06:26 PM
Little known is that NYRA is obsessed with its P & L statement. A NYRA board member is a close personal friend and informs that Kay and his bean counters are immersed in trying to save their jobs and regain the franchise from Gov Cuomo's control.

There is ZERO consideration for gamblers at NYRA, we are considered as necessary evils and they continue to nickel and dime us and slap us in the face

elhelmete
01-02-2017, 06:29 PM
My $500, 3 year old laptop can send the track feed wirelessly to my 42" TV with no toggling. Took 90 seconds to set that up. Just saying.

I probably gamble MORE with this capability. I love me some Australian racing in the evenings, and have found some good online resources to help me. I can keep all those on my laptop (they require lots of clicking and scrolling) while beaming the track feed to the TV.

My dad's been betting, usually big, since the late 1950s and I shudder to think how much bigger his churn would be if he could use a computer!

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:30 PM

Oh wait....it gets better.

Since I was 4 I used to watch races live, with jockey goggles around my neck and these cheap binoculars.

When I hit NY at 6, swear to god, I started watching live on the 3rd floor grandstand at AQU and BEL.

When the Sluts came in, oh I'm sorry, Slots, I was told by the CEO that we would have an awesome new area to watch live races.

I haven't watched a live race at AQU in about 6 years. There's nowhere to do so, if you actually like to watch the race before the wire.

Belmont, it's been about 1 live race a year (belmont stakes). They shut off the area that I liked to sit in due to pure emptyness.

Do you HAVE ANY idea how much I care and love this blanken game?

I HATE the weasels who pretend to care and just collect money from this game.

(Not directed at you, just in general).

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Little known is that NYRA is obsessed with its P & L statement. A NYRA board member is a close personal friend and informs that Kay and his bean counters are immersed in trying to save their jobs and regain the franchise from Gov Cuomo's control.

There is ZERO consideration for gamblers at NYRA, we are considered as necessary evils and they continue to nickel and dime us and slap us in the face

May I ask, what your relation to NYRA horse racing is? Fan in NY? Fan in another state? Horseman? If it's too private, don't mind me. I apologize.

Dahoss9698
Looks like Twitter troll Kinky Capper is making his Pace Advantage debut. Welcome Miff.

PA better get control here soon.

elhelmete
Oh wait....it gets better.

Since I was 4 I used to watch races live, with jockey goggles around my neck and these cheap binoculars.

When I hit NY at 6, swear to god, I started watching live on the 3rd floor grandstand at AQU and BEL.

When the Sluts came in, oh I'm sorry, Slots, I was told by the CEO that we would have an awesome new area to watch live races.

I haven't watched a live race at AQU in about 6 years. There's nowhere to do so, if you actually like to watch the race before the wire.

Belmont, it's been about 1 live race a year (belmont stakes). They shut off the area that I liked to sit in due to pure emptyness.

Do you HAVE ANY idea how much I care and love this blanken game?

I HATE the weasels who pretend to care and just collect money from this game.

(Not directed at you, just in general).

How do you get to 110 days on-track?

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
My $500, 3 year old laptop can send the track feed wirelessly to my 42" TV with no toggling. Took 90 seconds to set that up. Just saying.

I probably gamble MORE with this capability. I love me some Australian racing in the evenings, and have found some good online resources to help me. I can keep all those on my laptop (they require lots of clicking and scrolling) while beaming the track feed to the TV.

My dad's been betting, usually big, since the late 1950s and I shudder to think how much bigger his churn would be if he could use a computer!

I have push to tv. Hate it. Not the same AND I don't want to watch formulator on my screen. That's what a laptop is for. Not to stream races. A channel is for watching the races.

I love how those slimy souls sold us on NYC OTB closing is a great thing. Open an account, bet from home, watch on our channel.

6 years later, channel gone. I could understand if it cost money but it's just $500,000.

FIRE KAY, THAT SIMPLE and you come out AHEAD!

He couldn't even answer my professional courteous letter in 2 weeks. He doesn't deserve to be in that position.

elhelmete
01-02-2017, 06:37 PM
I have push to tv. Hate it. Not the same AND I don't want to watch formulator on my screen. That's what a laptop is for. Not to stream races. A channel is for watching the races.

I love how those slimy souls sold us on NYC OTB closing is a great thing. Open an account, bet from home, watch on our channel.

6 years later, channel gone. I could understand if it cost money but it's just $500,000.

FIRE KAY, THAT SIMPLE and you come out AHEAD!

He couldn't even answer my professional courteous letter in 2 weeks. He doesn't deserve to be in that position.

Maybe I wasn't clear. I can push the feed or XBTV or whatever to the TV 'in the background' while using the laptop screen itself for all my materials.

johnhannibalsmith
01-02-2017, 06:43 PM
I used to lash out at NYRA from time to time. Then I moved to Arizona. In my time here now I've seen what a guy can really do if he puts his mind to completely screwing up a racetrack and betting experience. We're supposed to dance a jig and bow before he who had a vision and decided making willing Arizonan horse bettors felons for using something other than his OTB or racetracks to make a wager was, in fact, a pretty shitty idea after all. So, we give thanks each November for being allowed to dial a telephone to make a bet for the last couple of years now. It isn't computer wagering. Well, I guess since a phone is a computer these days, it basically is. Especially if you are like me and just poke the touchtone buttons instead of talking to a person on the phone. I mean really, explain the difference - other than the lost handle that comes from people like me getting shut out waiting for the voice prompts before we poke buttons - between poking two buttons on a computer to place a bet and poking 20 buttons on a computer phone to place a bet. You dial a number versus dialing up a website. That and what would take five seconds to accomplish on an ADW site takes closer to five minutes when you have to dial a number and what on prompts. Try putting in ten different pick five tickets with a number of combinations. "I'm sorry, two-three is not a live runner, please start over..." Yeah, thanks. Great ****ing idea. Okay, yeah. I guess. But hey, we should just say thank you for allowing us this luxury. And keep up the good fight against letting me do it the easy way and maybe flow a bit more volume to save face for some reason. Thank you. When do we get a TV channel please? 2146 is fine. Thank you again.

See, that's something to bitch about.

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:44 PM
How do you get to 110 days on-track?

52 weeks, X 2 (Every single Sat and Sun) is 104. Every single holiday (plus 10) and many vacation days as well.

I was actually undercounting. Thanks for correcting.

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 06:47 PM
I used to lash out at NYRA from time to time. Then I moved to Arizona. In my time here now I've seen what a guy can really do if he puts his mind to completely screwing up a racetrack and betting experience. We're supposed to dance a jig and bow before he who had a vision and decided making willing Arizonan horse bettors felons for using something other than his OTB or racetracks to make a wager was, in fact, a pretty shitty idea after all. So, we give thanks each November for being allowed to dial a telephone to make a bet for the last couple of years now. It isn't computer wagering. Well, I guess since a phone is a computer these days, it basically is. Especially if you are like me and just poke the touchtone buttons instead of talking to a person on the phone. I mean really, explain the difference - other than the lost handle that comes from people like me getting shut out waiting for the voice prompts before we poke buttons - between poking two buttons on a computer to place a bet and poking 20 buttons on a computer phone to place a bet. You dial a number versus dialing up a website. That and what would take five seconds to accomplish on an ADW site takes closer to five minutes when you have to dial a number and what on prompts. Try putting in ten different pick five tickets with a number of combinations. "I'm sorry, two-three is not a live runner, please start over..." Yeah, thanks. Great ****ing idea. Okay, yeah. I guess. But hey, we should just say thank you for allowing us this luxury. And keep up the good fight against letting me do it the easy way and maybe flow a bit more volume to save face for some reason. Thank you. When do we get a TV channel please? 2146 is fine. Thank you again.

See, that's something to bitch about.

I have a Jewish friend who left NY after 40 years, to be in Arizona. He tells me all about what you guys go through.

See, the problem in NY wasn't hey let's fix this and that.....

It's DONT F it up. The best time to complain about something is before it happens or during.

If I bitch after, it's too late. THIS GAME can not afford to write off it's most loyal followers. It's simply suicide but then again, AQU is worth more being brokered out to real estate developers.....so it makes total sense.

no breathalyzer
01-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Looks like Twitter troll Kinky Capper is making his Pace Advantage debut. Welcome Miff.

PA better get control here soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you trying too hard son... oh bytheway i doubt that's him .. i could only hope so tho..... as that guy is actually pretty sharp and has forgot more about the game 10'x's over then you could ever possibly compute in your lil troll brain

elhelmete
01-02-2017, 06:52 PM
52 weeks, X 2 (Every single Sat and Sun) is 104. Every single holiday (plus 10) and many vacation days as well.

I was actually undercounting. Thanks for correcting.

But not at AQU and only 1 day at BEL? Did I misread? Not arguing or doubting, just confused.

elhelmete
01-02-2017, 07:06 PM
OK so my daytime job is TV. I do pretty well. I can say some things with certainty.

I agree there is something simple and satisfying about being able to click on a channel and just have it on. And you can click away every now and then during commercials, etc. I get it.

We are in the Golden Age of TV right now, in fact, the Platinum age. But it's VERY deceiving.

If you have content worth exploiting, i.e., worth $$$ (and NYRA certainly does, as the best racing in the US), you'd be insane to try and do it via old-school TV. The economics of it are arthritic and on their deathbed. Over-the-top and subscription are eating the old-liners (broadcast and cable) for lunch.

All the best content creators in my business are courting the new wave.

What about live sports, you say? Also deceiving. Pro sports are in a very precarious position, none more emblematic than the prolonged drama with the LA Dodgers, DirecTV and TimeWarner. Worth reading about.

I'm not one to worship youth...I'm not young myself...but new ways of watching TV are not only firmly entrenched in the young generations but also people in their 30s and 40s. They aren't going to want to be told "oh you need to tune in to channel 93984 if you live in xxxxx and have Time Warner but if you have Cox it's channel 12229 unless you live in Nassau County then it's...." and so on.

I could go on...TV is my lifeblood and affords me the opportunity to indulge as a bettor and small-time owner and big time fan of horse racing...but I won't for now unless goaded into it. :cool:

johnhannibalsmith
01-02-2017, 07:07 PM
It's DONT F it up. The best time to complain about something is before it happens or during.

If I bitch after, it's too late. THIS GAME can not afford to write off it's most loyal followers. It's simply suicide but then again, AQU is worth more being brokered out to real estate developers.....so it makes total sense.

I get it. But take it from me and spare yourself having to take all the blood pressure medication later on. A half-dozen 400 word posts that look like they were made with the typewriter with the screwy letter 'k' in the closet that the killer used and Braveheart caliber proclamations of honor and justice propelling you to avenge... well, I could do that forever, but point is I think maybe you'd actually find sometime you are heard better when you lower the volume to a level commensurate with the actual catastrophe. Save the full-on improvised explosive posts and threads that will inevitably lead to the big one (and man I bet getting any NYRA signal in the hospital sucks even with Roku) for when your beloved track and circuit start decaying into what a lot of other places are dealing with. You pretty much have to scream to be heard then.

EMD4ME
01-02-2017, 07:17 PM
But not at AQU and only 1 day at BEL? Did I misread? Not arguing or doubting, just confused.

I attend live racing, when they go to Bel, I go there every sat sun holiday and some vacation days. When they go to AQU, I go there every sat sun holiday and some vacation days.

SPA, case by case, haven't gone in 2 years, since my mother was hit by a BLANKETY BLANK and left her "not the same" ever again.

Miff
01-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Have no idea what your post means but thanks for the welcome

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 08:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you trying too hard son... oh bytheway i doubt that's him .. i could only hope so tho..... as that guy is actually pretty sharp and has forgot more about the game 10'x's over then you could ever possibly compute in your lil troll brain
Yeah you guys are all big time sharpies.

You all spend hundreds of hours a month trolling people online but you're all brilliant people.

Have another warm beer and celebrate your $5 winner

johnhannibalsmith
01-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Putting together a stash of lisinopril for you now.

no breathalyzer
01-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Yeah you guys are all big time sharpies.

You all spend hundreds of hours a month trolling people online but you're all brilliant people.

Have another warm beer and celebrate your $5 winner

O RLY? i stoped posting anything worth a **** here because of asshats like you... keep sending it in dummy

no breathalyzer
01-02-2017, 08:46 PM
before you go on a 10 post rant... save your time idiot .. i promise i will not partake in your childish banter....

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 08:54 PM
No breathalyzer stopped posting worthwhile stuff because of me. Because you know, people are dying to get info from someone who struggles to put a coherent sentence together.

It's amazing the kind of people EMD has come to his side. Like a who's who of Internet scumbags through the years.

It's like a bad episode of this is your life. Each troll is more pathetic and predictable than the next.

kingfin66
01-02-2017, 09:41 PM
Putting together a stash of lisinopril for you now.

Unfortunately, I know far too much about lisinopril. :(

Dahoss9698
01-02-2017, 10:45 PM
I stand corrected. Not Kinky Capper but the other loser Mike C.

Kind of amusing he's claiming to be an old horse owner. I guess on PA everyone is way more important than they are in real life.

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 12:27 PM
This is how stupid this decision is.

AQU cancelled today. It used to be that when NYRA isn't running, they would show 4 tracks throughout the entire day/night. If you have the channel on in the house, you pretty much are baiting people to make a bet or to look at a race that's upcoming. I would venture to say that addiitonal bets were made because of this.

Now, AQU cancelled and you stare at trips and traps for 23 hours. Real smart NYRA. Real smart.

So all those older people who bought a program and are home, can't and won't bet.

All those people who maybe bet from home via telebet, can't watch a race.

The STUPIDITY of this decision, still stupifies me.

One more thing. I'm home till I go to an event later today. I'm studying for Sunday now till I leave. If the channel was on with racing, it might tempt me to look at a race and make a wager. Now, there's a ZERO percent chance of that happening as my laptop is on tomorrow's card and I don't see or hear racing anywhere around me.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. They are SO stupid. All to save $500,000.

Hey NYRA, you just saved $464,000 in purse money from today's cancellation. Spend that on my FRIEKEN channel, not Chris KAY's $250,000 bonus for destroying our PRODUCT!!!

NYRA is a non profit organization created for the good of HORSE RACING IN NY, not a non profit organization created so cronies can get a BONUS.

ACT LIKE IT!

Dahoss9698
01-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Apparently EMD's laptop doesn't show races. Weird.

Step into 2017 buddy, you'll really enjoy it.

Dahoss9698
01-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Hey NYRA, you just saved $464,000 in purse money from today's cancellation. Spend that on my FRIEKEN channel, not Chris KAY's $250,000 bonus for destroying our PRODUCT!!!

"My" channel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Such a little brat.

titans1127
01-07-2017, 12:42 PM
While you bitch and moan, I'm gonna fire up my Roku and watch RTN all day while I'm snowed in and watch as much racing as I can handle.

elhelmete
01-07-2017, 12:48 PM
This is how stupid this decision is.

AQU cancelled today. It used to be that when NYRA isn't running, they would show 4 tracks throughout the entire day/night. If you have the channel on in the house, you pretty much are baiting people to make a bet or to look at a race that's upcoming. I would venture to say that addiitonal bets were made because of this.

Now, AQU cancelled and you stare at trips and traps for 23 hours. Real smart NYRA. Real smart.

So all those older people who bought a program and are home, can't and won't bet.

All those people who maybe bet from home via telebet, can't watch a race.

The STUPIDITY of this decision, still stupifies me.

One more thing. I'm home till I go to an event later today. I'm studying for Sunday now till I leave. If the channel was on with racing, it might tempt me to look at a race and make a wager. Now, there's a ZERO percent chance of that happening as my laptop is on tomorrow's card and I don't see or hear racing anywhere around me.

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB. They are SO stupid. All to save $500,000.

NYRA is a non profit organization created for the good of HORSE RACING IN NY, not a non profit organization created so cronies can get a BONUS.

ACT LIKE IT!

If you just want sheet on in the background, TVG? I mean.....

EMD4ME
01-07-2017, 12:57 PM
While you bitch and moan, I'm gonna fire up my Roku and watch RTN all day while I'm snowed in and watch as much racing as I can handle.

Enjoy that 30 second to 1 minute delay :bang:

Dahoss9698
01-07-2017, 12:59 PM
Enjoy that 30 second to 1 minute delay :bang:
I'm sure he'll just adjust. That's what people do. They adjust when they need to.

titans1127
01-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Enjoy that 30 second to 1 minute delay :bang:Ive been dealing with the delay for years so i'm used to it. Didn't plan on wagering today but if I do its going to be Pick 3 or 4's anyway. They delay means squat for those wagers.

EMD4ME
01-08-2017, 11:58 AM
So, I call Spectrum to add channel 413, TVG (talk about being desperate :lol: ).

Rep tells me you can't add it without switching to Spectrum Gold which is their top plan. It carries all the premier channels blah blah blah. Pretty much an extra $33 a month to get the 1 channel I want.

I asked the rep if she was 100% sure this was my only option. She said: Sir, of course, this is my 4th call since 10 am for TVG....I'm learning a lot about this TVG! :lol:

I declined. Told her I'd think about it.

Which led me to another question. If NYRA was SO concerned about cost ($500,000 a year), why not pass the cost on to the client? Charge each NYRA rewards (NYC) member $5 a month, out of their rebates, for the channel.

Obviously some people are changing "channels" . One would think they may be betting via TVG going forward or another ADW as well.

Once again, JUST STUPID.

JimG
01-08-2017, 02:22 PM
So, I call Spectrum to add channel 413, TVG (talk about being desperate :lol: ).

Rep tells me you can't add it without switching to Spectrum Gold which is their top plan.

Probably only added to Spectrum Gold after NYRA dropped their channel. :lol:

elhelmete
01-08-2017, 02:27 PM

Rep tells me you can't add it without switching to Spectrum Gold which is their top plan. It carries all the premier channels blah blah blah. Pretty much an extra $33 a month to get the 1 channel I want.

I asked the rep if she was 100% sure this was my only option. She said: Sir, of course, this is my 4th call since 10 am for TVG....I'm learning a lot about this TVG! :lol:

I declined. Told her I'd think about it.

Which led me to another question. If NYRA was SO concerned about cost ($500,000 a year), why not pass the cost on to the client? Charge each NYRA rewards (NYC) member $5 a month, out of their rebates, for the channel.

Obviously some people are changing "channels" . One would think they may be betting via TVG going forward or another ADW as well.

Once again, JUST STUPID.

EMD...2003 ain't coming back. It just ain't.

EMD4ME
01-08-2017, 03:50 PM
I just love watching SA in non hd on my NYRA rewards stream :bang:

We are back in 2003 now.... :bang:

EMD4ME
01-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Probably only added to Spectrum Gold after NYRA dropped their channel. :lol:

Yeah!!!! I would say SO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(or after the 3rd call for it today :lol: :lol: )

titans1127
01-08-2017, 10:20 PM
I just love watching SA in non hd on my NYRA rewards stream :bang:

We are back in 2003 now.... :bang:Aside from subscribing to RTN, Xpressbet is the only ADW I know of that offers HD streams for the tracks that broadcast in it. TVG streams their live channel in HD on their site but not sure about the actual track feeds.

Charli125
01-10-2017, 04:44 PM
So I have a question about the NYRA channel. I just got Roku to use for my RTN subscription. I have 2 for my 2 racing specific tv's. Is the NYRA channel a thing only for NYRA bets users? Is it still around? I was able to add the channel but it looks like I need a nyrabets account. If that's the case, I'll find a friend with one.

Charli125
01-10-2017, 04:48 PM
And to clarify, not trying to start anything here. I see some folks are really upset about something related to the channel. Just asking before I put more effort into it so it's not wasted.

EMD4ME
01-10-2017, 04:51 PM
The NYRA channel on ROKU is a channel that show's only NYRA races, no other tracks.

I have a 45 second lag time FWIW.

Charli125
01-10-2017, 05:06 PM
The NYRA channel on ROKU is a channel that show's only NYRA races, no other tracks.

I have a 45 second lag time FWIW.

Cool thanks, good to know. Won't work for me with a lag so I'll just pass and go with RTN on both tv's.

Lags are annoying. Always think it's funny when TVG is 5-10+ seconds behind my RTN feed.

EMD4ME
01-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Cool thanks, good to know. Won't work for me with a lag so I'll just pass and go with RTN on both tv's.

Lags are annoying. Always think it's funny when TVG is 5-10+ seconds behind my RTN feed.

I have RTN for replays (laptop). Been contemplating it for the TV package. I don't have a dish and would only get 1 for all the channels and tracks.

How is their lag time? I heard 1 minute, then I hear it's as close to live as can be. Confused :bang:

Charli125
01-10-2017, 05:15 PM
I have RTN for replays (laptop). Been contemplating it for the TV package. I don't have a dish and would only get 1 for all the channels and tracks.

How is their lag time? I heard 1 minute, then I hear it's as close to live as can be. Confused :bang:

I only have the online version and that works great for me. Haven't had a chance to use it via roku yet as they're working through a technical issue but I don't expect it to be any different. Right now I just chromecast it to the tv.

As far as lag time. There isn't any. It runs the same as the track feed through my ADW. Again though, that could be different on the dish channel as opposed to the online version.

EMD4ME
01-10-2017, 05:23 PM
I only have the online version and that works great for me. Haven't had a chance to use it via roku yet as they're working through a technical issue but I don't expect it to be any different. Right now I just chromecast it to the tv.

As far as lag time. There isn't any. It runs the same as the track feed through my ADW. Again though, that could be different on the dish channel as opposed to the online version.

much obliged Charli125, you have a nice day! and if 1/25 is your birthday, happy early birthday!

johnhannibalsmith
01-10-2017, 05:31 PM
And Happy Late Birthday if it is December 5th!

Charli125
01-10-2017, 05:38 PM
And Happy Late Birthday if it is December 5th!

Alas, it was my weight class in college, but thanks gents.

titans1127
01-10-2017, 10:01 PM
RTN via the website has a 5 second delay I would say. No different than any ADW or even being at an OTB. RTN via Roku is about 45 seconds to a minute. Same with the NYRA channel. NYRA's website is pretty much the same 5 second delay you would get at an OTB.

Charli125
01-14-2017, 01:24 PM
RTN via the website has a 5 second delay I would say. No different than any ADW or even being at an OTB. RTN via Roku is about 45 seconds to a minute. Same with the NYRA channel. NYRA's website is pretty much the same 5 second delay you would get at an OTB.

I can confirm the 45 seconds to a minute on Roku as I just got it setup today. That's independent of track fyi, they're all delayed.

Pretty ridiculous really and makes it useless to me. The minute before the race goes off is when I place my bets.

titans1127
01-14-2017, 10:30 PM
I can confirm the 45 seconds to a minute on Roku as I just got it setup today. That's independent of track fyi, they're all delayed.

Pretty ridiculous really and makes it useless to me. The minute before the race goes off is when I place my bets.I find it easier and more convenient to plug my laptop into the monitor on my desk vs using the Roku hooked up to the same monitor.

EMD4ME
01-14-2017, 11:17 PM

Pretty ridiculous really and makes it useless to me. The minute before the race goes off is when I place my bets.

Frustrating. Was on track today. Counted 4 new people who asked me how to watch a race via the "computer".

Stupid management. They have no idea how much they're screwing this game.

45 second delay is unacceptable.

SuperPickle
01-15-2017, 12:42 AM
Frustrating. Was on track today. Counted 4 new people who asked me how to watch a race via the "computer".

Jesus Christ. You do understand the delay isn't NYRA. First of all "live" television has a 7-15 second delay. Nothing is really live. Second off you can't stream anything live online. The IT infrastructure sucks in this country. On TVG's app they actually have a warning on the video page on their app that the video is 30 seconds delayed. It's closer to 20-30 seconds but the reason isnt because TVG sucks they're tied to the infrastructure.

Second the delay you are referencing is most likely more your equipment and the speed of your connection. Basically I doubt your laptop and your isp can handle the feed. So it's probably buffering. Which would mean the delay gets longer the longer you watch. You've actually mentioned this in one of the 4,000 posts you've made on this topic. Layer on top of it you're probably not knowable enough to periodically close the program or device you're watching it and the re-open it or re-launch it to minimize the delay.

You know how I rant about how you guys see racetrack operators as a catch all for all racing related problems. This is one of those moments.

Basically NYRA sucks because you dont know what you're doing and the IT infrastructure in this country isn't Korea. NYRA sucks because my laptop is awful and my internet is slow.

EMD4ME
01-15-2017, 07:34 AM
Jesus Christ. You do understand the delay isn't NYRA. First of all "live" television has a 7-15 second delay. Nothing is really live. Second off you can't stream anything live online. The IT infrastructure sucks in this country. On TVG's app they actually have a warning on the video page on their app that the video is 30 seconds delayed. It's closer to 20-30 seconds but the reason isnt because TVG sucks they're tied to the infrastructure.

Second the delay you are referencing is most likely more your equipment and the speed of your connection. Basically I doubt your laptop and your isp can handle the feed. So it's probably buffering. Which would mean the delay gets longer the longer you watch. You've actually mentioned this in one of the 4,000 posts you've made on this topic. Layer on top of it you're probably not knowable enough to periodically close the program or device you're watching it and the re-open it or re-launch it to minimize the delay.

You know how I rant about how you guys see racetrack operators as a catch all for all racing related problems. This is one of those moments.

Basically NYRA sucks because you dont know what you're doing and the IT infrastructure in this country isn't Korea. NYRA sucks because my laptop is awful and my internet is slow.

HUH?

No. My ROKU is on a 45 second lag time. That simple.

Yes, my NYRA channel was only on a 2-4-5 second lag time. I know because I've had the live streaming on (NOT FROM NYRA.COM which is a little laggish) from my nyra rewards feed. I also know because my bets would go in until 2 seconds before the off.

What are YOU not understanding? Frustrating for me as well...

Charli125
01-15-2017, 01:13 PM

Nobody is blaming this on NYRA and I specifically stated that it was ALL TRACKS, it's an RTN/ROKU thing. ROKU is delayed by almost a minute more than watching RTN on my computer. RTN on my computer is barely delayed at all and is a good 10+ seconds ahead of TVG. It's not our equipment, it's the streaming services we're working with. If I want as close to live as possible, I just stream it through RTN or my ADW and they're a few seconds delayed and identical.

I find it easier and more convenient to plug my laptop into the monitor on my desk vs using the Roku hooked up to the same monitor.
Me too, but I was hoping to find a way around this. I have 3 tv's and a monitor in my office setup and I don't want cables running all over the place. Figured since RTN is as fast as you can get for streaming, that it would be the same running it through the ROKU. No such luck.

SG4
01-15-2017, 10:14 PM

Real question, not being snarky - how come the races I watch online are several seconds ahead of the TVG television feed? That doesn't mesh with the whole infrastructure rant, unless you think the TVG TV broadcast is quite far behind, which I don't believe (although maybe that would explain why Gulfstream's races always seem to run 5 minutes after their post times). If I can get multiple online streaming services to be as quick as cable TV, I do find it frustrating & questionable as to why other services can't be at that speed as well. Streaming on NYRA Rewards account is about 45 seconds ahead of NYRA streaming on ROKU or mobile device (last time I checked, which granted was awhile ago), it doesn't make sense to me why that should be the case.

SG4
01-15-2017, 10:20 PM

Perhaps you're taking this the wrong way? If this many people are asking you how to watch the race through the computer doesn't that mean people are adopting to the new methods instead of just walking away from the game? The TV channel was a godsend when it first came on (anyone besides me still have a NYC OTB Channel t-shirt which was sent to early account holders?) & I cherished it for years, but when I lost the channel a few years ago I found alternative methods & betting life has gone on.

EMD4ME
01-15-2017, 11:44 PM
Perhaps you're taking this the wrong way? If this many people are asking you how to watch the race through the computer doesn't that mean people are adopting to the new methods instead of just walking away from the game? The TV channel was a godsend when it first came on (anyone besides me still have a NYC OTB Channel t-shirt which was sent to early account holders?) & I cherished it for years, but when I lost the channel a few years ago I found alternative methods & betting life has gone on.

1 was a father and son. They bet on track on weekends and via the TV (and telebet) during the week. They asked a teller what their password is for the website. Teller said whatever you use for telebet. Guy spent a week punching in a password instead of a 4 digit pin :bang: :(

I told him its the 4 digit pin on your nyra card. He thanked me and asked if i could show him how to pull up the race. His exact words were: I'm able to sign on and maybe check the MTA website, not much more. Id appreciate the help.

This.......this is what THEY dont GET.

johnhannibalsmith
01-17-2017, 08:26 PM
This doesn't really belong in this thread but it doesn't warrant one of its own and since my patience extends to page one and the new guy asking about mutuel clerks betting was the next closest thing and I didn't want to derail that one so soon in its evolution, so here we are.

How's this for customer satisfaction. At Turf Paradise today and a guy that I assume had never been there and was lucky to have his choice of pretty much any table in the facility to seat himself and the family. At one point he's just pacing the floor between grandstand seating and the cheesy Capitol OTB style partitioned private school desk sized area with a television best used as a paperweight in 2017 all to yourself.

Poor guy is looking mighty lost. I finally catch his eye where I was sitting and he asks "where do I make a bet?" I start to point in the direction of the dozen vacant self-serve machines strewn about but quickly realize he's the sort of guy that's looking for a teller to help him out. So I look there. Nope. Not a teller working the line. Granted, there is usually only one there manning the handful or so of windows that exist for decoration on days which don't feature a Triple Crown race or the Breeder's Cup. But still.

I finally just told the guy they don't want him to bet. Then I cussed like a fool for a few sentences detailing my thoughts on a few choice people. Imagine that, you finally get a new customer not just to bet the horses but to even show up for your live races. And he needs a map and a sherpa to locate a teller with whom he can place a bet. Fantastic work guys.

EMD4ME
01-17-2017, 08:39 PM
This doesn't really belong in this thread but it doesn't warrant one of its own and since my patience extends to page one and the new guy asking about mutuel clerks betting was the next closest thing and I didn't want to derail that one so soon in its evolution, so here we are.

How's this for customer satisfaction. At Turf Paradise today and a guy that I assume had never been there and was lucky to have his choice of pretty much any table in the facility to seat himself and the family. At one point he's just pacing the floor between grandstand seating and the cheesy Capitol OTB style partitioned private school desk sized area with a television best used as a paperweight in 2017 all to yourself.

Poor guy is looking mighty lost. I finally catch his eye where I was sitting and he asks "where do I make a bet?" I start to point in the direction of the dozen vacant self-serve machines strewn about but quickly realize he's the sort of guy that's looking for a teller to help him out. So I look there. Nope. Not a teller working the line. Granted, there is usually only one there manning the handful or so of windows that exist for decoration on days which don't feature a Triple Crown race or the Breeder's Cup. But still.

I finally just told the guy they don't want him to bet. Then I cussed like a fool for a few sentences detailing my thoughts on a few choice people. Imagine that, you finally get a new customer not just to bet the horses but to even show up for your live races. And he needs a map and a sherpa to locate a teller with whom he can place a bet. Fantastic work guys.

Very frustrating JHB.... :bang:

Very sorry to hear that. Unacceptable.

If I wrote this, I am sure Superpickle would come in and destroy it as unreasonable. Glad you said it, now he'll ignore it. :bang:

elhelmete
01-19-2017, 02:28 PM
whole story at: http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/esquire-network-1201962261/

NBCUniversal will shutter Esquire Network’s linear cable channel and relaunch the brand as a digital-only platform, Variety has learned. The decision to end the cable channel’s operation was spurred by recent negotiations with Charter Communications over a carriage-contract renewal.

Esquire Network was dropped last month from AT&T’s DirecTV and U-Verse services. That move resulted in a loss of 25% of the channel’s subscribers — down from 60 million to 45 million. If Esquire Network were to be dropped by Charter, it would have lost an additional 15 million subscribers, making it no longer viable for Comcast-owned NBCUniversal to continue to operate.