PDA

View Full Version : Pepper Spray Cop

_______
04-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Remember the picture of the cop casually pepper spraying protesters at UC Davis back in the occupy wherever days?

It turns out the university would prefer you didn't. They have apparently paid consultants $175,000 to scrub the Internet of the image. You know...this one:

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/static/mt/assets/science/192897-us-davis-police-lt-john-pike-dousing-seated-students-with-pepper-spray.jpg

If I had known that money could be made by having overly sensitive institutions pay you to attempt obviously impossible tasks, I would not have retired when I did.

Robert Fischer
04-15-2016, 02:38 PM
cop should have just fired a metal prong into the protestor's flesh and then shocked them repeatedly with a taser

isn't that ('tasing') a perfectly acceptable way to torture into submission those who refuse to submit?

This guy was way out of line with his poison spray can.
Fire Chancellor UC Davis

Tom
04-15-2016, 03:11 PM
While the Taser is much more entertaining, the pepper spray was probably more economical.

Although, a tase after the spray could have been good for a few giggles.

_______
04-15-2016, 03:45 PM
I probably should have included this link in my original post:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-uc-davis-pepper-spray-20160414-story.html

It's the story of how this public university is choosing to spend some of it's funds. You know...on education and stuff.

Dave Schwartz
04-15-2016, 05:38 PM
I have a close friend who was an Alameda County sheriff's deputy for 30 years. One day he taught me an amazing "come along."

What he did was grab the fleshy part of the back of the resister's upper arm in a 3-fingered pinch and just gave it a little squeeze. It is truly painful and gives one the idea that instant compliance is the easiest way to mitigate this annoying pain.

Anyway, his story was that he and some other deputies were hired out to San Francisco to help with crowd control somewhere in the city. He was partnered in the moment with a couple of SF cops and demonstrated the technique's effectiveness, instantly moving a couple of female resisters directly into the arrest area.

Both SF cops agreed that inflicting any type of pain on a resister would never be permitted by their department.