PDA

View Full Version : Philly fans

Valuist
04-15-2016, 01:19 PM
OK Manu and others out there; who will turn things around quicker? The Phillies or the Sixers? From what I've seen, I think its the Phillies. They have some live arms, especially the Velasquez kid (sounds like he should be a jockey). Granted, it was only the Padres, but from what I hear, the Phillies are about the equivalent of the 2013 Cubs in terms of minor league prospects. They will likely lose over 90 games this year but in another 2-3 years could become real good. Don't see any hope for the Sixers.

azeri98
04-18-2016, 02:21 PM
OK Manu and others out there; who will turn things around quicker? The Phillies or the Sixers? From what I've seen, I think its the Phillies. They have some live arms, especially the Velasquez kid (sounds like he should be a jockey). Granted, it was only the Padres, but from what I hear, the Phillies are about the equivalent of the 2013 Cubs in terms of minor league prospects. They will likely lose over 90 games this year but in another 2-3 years could become real good. Don't see any hope for the Sixers.
Phillies for sure, sixers make horrible picks in the draft, they are still 10 years away at least

barahona44
04-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Sixers could be like the LA Clippers of the not so recent past, a bad team that stays bad for years and years.

Elliott Sidewater
04-20-2016, 02:17 AM
Velazquez knows how to throw but is still learning how to pitch. You can't be throwing balls directly over the center of the plate on 0-2 counts and expect to get away with it for long. Also, you could mow your lawn in the time you're waiting between base hits from the Phils offense. They're among the league leaders in striking out and near or at the bottom in drawing walks. To call their offense unproductive is too flattering, it's absolute horrible. Their "approach" is to take a hittable first pitch for a called strike, swing at the next one in the dirt, take a bad 0-2 pitch for a ball, and then strike out on the next pitch. Over and over and over again. But on the bright side, my lawn is in terrific shape.

Ocala Mike
04-20-2016, 06:38 AM
That was ugly last night (Tues., 4/19). Thank you, Philly, for waking up the Mets bats - here come the Metsies!

reckless
04-20-2016, 12:27 PM
With my Mets and the Washington Nationals as the teams to beat in the NL east, the never-happy Philly fans will be bitching and moaning for the next six months! Not sure what team Philly fans hate more but it will be fun hearing all the locals' rage.

ldiatone
04-20-2016, 05:23 PM
:lol: :lol:

Valuist
04-21-2016, 10:42 PM
I didn't even include the Eagles in this thread, but after that moronic trade, maybe we have to throw them into the cellar as well. Rough time to be a sports fan in the city of cheesesteaks.

proximity
04-23-2016, 09:09 PM
except for the first series after his takeover, we've been playing the mets pretty tough under pete mackanin....

proximity
04-26-2016, 10:45 PM
some bad mistakes in both halves of the fifth and scary moment when maikel gets hurt but nice win!!

Rookies
05-01-2016, 02:53 PM
:lol: :lol:

This is like the sign I saw 25 years ago outside a bar in Ft. Lauderdale!

"Under FL State law, you are not allowed to bring a licensed hand gun into the premises."

About 100 Point Font... black on yellow! :lol:

Of course, the point was you needed to even tell these mouth breathers that.

Fast forward to today. No doubt, that sign has been removed and it's a drunken, mouth breathers' shooting range on Saturday nights!

proximity
05-15-2016, 12:36 AM
dramatic win (i thought we were blocking the plate though :confused: ) and we move ahead of the mets.... if only for a night!! :)

Ocala Mike
05-16-2016, 08:50 AM
You guys lead the majors in 1-run wins, I think. Anyway, the Mets will certainly be glad to get out of the mountains, but they have to face the Nats. With the Marlins looking good, this may turn out to be a 4-team race yet.

Valuist
05-16-2016, 01:11 PM
You guys lead the majors in 1-run wins, I think. Anyway, the Mets will certainly be glad to get out of the mountains, but they have to face the Nats. With the Marlins looking good, this may turn out to be a 4-team race yet.

I certainly won't hold the one run win stat against them. Saber guys think that's luck because they don't believe in pressure or any psychological issues. ANyone who has played beyond Little League knows that's BS. That's a sign of a good bullpen and a manager making the right moves. Philly may not be contending in September but they are laying the groundwork and will be a factor at some point.

proximity
06-02-2016, 10:08 AM
well, the winning record was fun while it lasted. :)

Ocala Mike
06-02-2016, 05:20 PM
It's tough when the bats aren't there. Mets finding that out, too.