PDA

View Full Version : SUNLAND The DREAM is still alive and well

NorCalGreg
04-15-2016, 09:24 AM
New Mexico...land of enchantment. That's what it used to say on their licence
plates, anyway.

Today they've got a bunch of 1.4F races for 2y-olds. Seems pretty early for 2yolds racing. Almost--but not all--are 1st timers.

Also included on the card are two 1.6F "routes" for older horses. Don't know if they're thoroughbreds or not--didn't bother to check

This is usually a t-bred track though, I believe.

Anyway--with absolutely NO INFO on most of these--I mean no pace figs, speed, or much else...I thought I would do a little experiment.

Using JUST Trainer and Jockey win % on these mystery baby-racers-wanted to see if I could pick any winners--and to the chagrin of losers everywhere--show a profit.

:1: WHO SHOT JESSE 12-1

:2: CORONA JAGUAR 4-1

:3: MS FAST PRISE 5-1

:4: BORGER BOY 10-1

:5: INCINDIARY 12-1

:6: REBELLIOUS 3-1

:7: SOCHI 8-1

:8: SEPARATE FIRST 10-1

:9: ZOOM WITH FAME 10-1

:10: REGAL TEMPTATION 15-1

*There you have it. Like my bud bello says ---exactas, supers, pick-3's, the pick-6, several daily-doubles, and place pick-9 are all embedded in there somewhere.
- Good luck finding them.

Oh I had to include this picture below--I googled Sunland Racetrack--and this popped up.

** I'm assuming SUNLAND RACETRACK is on the U.S. side.

jballscalls
04-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Sunland usually runs QH races at the beginning of the card then T'bs later. A Mixed bred meet for sure.

The 2 year old races are trials for the West Texas Futurity, a 100,000 added G2 event.

elhelmete
04-15-2016, 11:29 AM
Quarters.

Nothing unusual.

Stillriledup
04-15-2016, 12:06 PM
plates, anyway.

Today they've got a bunch of 1.4F races for 2y-olds. Seems pretty early for 2yolds racing. Almost--but not all--are 1st timers.

Also included on the card are two 1.6F "routes" for older horses. Don't know if they're thoroughbreds or not--didn't bother to check

Anyway--with absolutely NO INFO on most of these--I mean no pace figs, speed, or much else...I thought I would do a little experiment.

Using JUST Trainer and Jockey win % on these mystery baby-racers-wanted to see if I could pick any winners--and to the chagrin of losers everywhere--show a profit.

*There you have it. Like my bud bello says ---exactas, supers, pick-3's, the pick-6, several daily-doubles, and place pick-9 are all embedded in there somewhere.

Oh I had to include this picture below--I googled Sunland Racetrack--and this popped up.

There gonna be a fence in that pic if you google it a year from now ;)

NorCalGreg
04-15-2016, 12:22 PM
There gonna be a fence in that pic if you google it a year from now ;)

SRU I think you may be the only one that got "the dream is alive" title....

...or there's also the slight chance it's just not funny :D

green80
04-15-2016, 01:09 PM
ncg

you should do well at Sunland, speed holds good there. Usually pretty easy pickins.

NorCalGreg
04-15-2016, 09:28 PM
plates, anyway.

Took what little Tr/Jky win% I had with these 2yo trainees--and with absolutely NO other handicapping info, made my selections. Sometimes we have precious little more to go on, when confronted with maiden 1st-timers in day-to-day battle.

Well, you'll be glad to know (I assume)--that I won nary a race--barely hit the board once or twice to show for my efforts.

That's actually a little surprising....thought by accident would hit one or two.

Not sure what conclusion we can draw from this--don't think we need to explore this any further though.

-NCG

raybo
04-16-2016, 10:51 AM
1st timers, quarter horse or thoroughbred, is all about pedigree, trainers/jockeys, works, and inside information. Good luck with any or all of that!