PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Fan Gets Tuned Up by Jays Fan

HoofedInTheChest
04-13-2016, 07:06 PM
Some Yankee fans made the trip up to the Big Smoke, and decided to get into it with some of the locals. The American should be grateful that someone was holding the Toronto kids arm, or he would have got lit up. Don’t they realize that most of us play hockey?SA98z_APack

kingfin66
04-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Yeah, they'e real tough guys. :rolleyes:

kingfin66
04-14-2016, 01:17 AM
This is an example of people acting stupid. It doesn't matter what jersey they are wearing, where they reside, or to what team they cheer for. They are drunk and acting in a way that is bothersome to those around them. I hope they all got thrown out of the stadium.

I still believe that most Canadians can hold their alcohol, but I now know that not all of them can.

johnhannibalsmith
04-14-2016, 11:32 AM
...Don’t they realize that most of us play hockey?

Sure looks like that guy has played a bit. Bigger guy had that straight arm clutch going on a like he knows how to use that reach. Man, that is painful to watch all two minutes of. Exhibit A why going to almost any sporting event with 10,000+ people just seems like more effort than its worth. I'd last about five minutes tops seated among all that.

Tor Ekman
04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Used to be it was worth the extra bucks to sit in the premium seats to avoid the riff raff but nowadays they are dispersed throughout the ball park and no place is safe. With flat screen HDTV, it's just not worth going to the ball park much anymore. I'll venture out for the occasional Saturday or Sunday afternoon day game but that's about it

HoofedInTheChest
04-14-2016, 03:28 PM
Used to be it was worth the extra bucks to sit in the premium seats to avoid the riff raff but nowadays they are dispersed throughout the ball park and no place is safe. With flat screen HDTV, it's just not worth going to the ball park much anymore. I'll venture out for the occasional Saturday or Sunday afternoon day game but that's about it
I agree, it was embarrassing during the playoffs last season, the boozing is getting way out of hand. I went to one playoff game last year, and people were walking into the stadium completely corked, god help you if you have a kid with you.

The best part of the whole video is the guy who yells, “Who’s pitching tomorrow?.”

Stillriledup
04-14-2016, 04:48 PM
Some Yankee fans made the trip up to the Big Smoke, and decided to get into it with some of the locals. The American should be grateful that someone was holding the Toronto kids arm, or he would have got lit up. Don’t they realize that most of us play hockey?SA98z_APack

Actually nobody in Canada is CURRENTLY playing hockey, well, at least not now on the NHL level. :lol:

HoofedInTheChest
04-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Actually nobody in Canada is CURRENTLY playing hockey, well, at least not now on the NHL level. :lol:
You do realize that 50% of the NHL are Canadian.

How many Canadians do you have on the Ducks?... 16?

The CHL are currently in the playoffs, the AHL playoffs starts this weekend with the Toronto Marlies as the betting favorite. World Championships start in a couple of weeks, the jr. prospect evaluations go on throughout the summer, we don't stop playing hockey in this country, 2 weeks off, and then it's back to work.

Were you referring to the fact that there are no Canadian clubs in the playoffs? Taxes my friend, taxes.

cj
04-14-2016, 05:35 PM

The CHL are currently in the playoffs, the AHL playoffs starts this weekend with the Toronto Marlies as the betting favorite. World Championships start in a couple of weeks, the jr. prospect evaluations go on throughout the summer, we don't stop playing hockey in this country, 2 weeks off, and then it's back to work.

Were you referring to the fact that there are no Canadian clubs in the playoffs? Taxes my friend, taxes.

Pretty sure he knew all this. It was just a joke. We all know where the best hockey players come from---besides Ovi of course.

Valuist
05-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Speaking of the Yankees, memo to ESPN: they aren't any good. Yet I see you have them for the Sunday Night prime time game......again. Get into 2016....this team is old and no good.

Stillriledup
05-08-2016, 12:16 AM

Your last sentence, making a funny about no Canadian teams in playoffs?

Did you agree w Hartley firing?

NorCalGreg
05-08-2016, 12:23 AM
Some Yankee fans made the trip up to the Big Smoke, and decided to get into it with some of the locals. The American should be grateful that someone was holding the Toronto kids arm, or he would have got lit up. Don’t they realize that most of us play hockey?

Don't Canadians realize most of us carry guns?

HoofedInTheChest
05-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Don't Canadians realize most of us carry guns?
Not up here you don't.

horses4courses
05-08-2016, 06:07 PM
I'm sure the Security and Risk Management people
at the ballpark love watching video like that. ;)

Legal nightmare.

Rookies
05-08-2016, 06:55 PM
That was 2 minutes, 20 secs long.

I'll guarantee you that at the 30 sec mark, ALL those dudes would have been surrounded by 6 large, security MoFos at a Bills game, at Ralph Wilson Stadium. At the minute mark, they would be exiting with them, either voluntarily or frog marched. ;)

ElKabong
05-15-2016, 07:09 PM
That fan's punch failed in comparison to the beating odor put on bautista tonight. It's official. Bautista has to sit down to take a piss. Had a chance to charge the mound and didn't. Then got his ass beat

At the post game concert. Fun day!

HoofedInTheChest
05-15-2016, 08:27 PM
That fan's punch failed in comparison to the beating odor put on bautista tonight. It's official. Bautista has to sit down to take a piss. Had a chance to charge the mound and didn't. Then got his ass beat

At the post game concert. Fun day!
Seriously?

Did he get knocked down? I would hardly call that an ass beating, more like a sucker punch from a boy, he hit him on the button and still couldn't drop him. Had Beltre not bear hugged Bautista your boy “stinky” would have been fed his lunch.

It was a pretty gutless move on the part of the Rangers to wait until Bautista’s last at bat in the last meeting of the season. Where was all this bravado when the Rangers played in Toronto? For that matter,why didn’t the Rangers throw at him on Friday? Pfffftt, gutless.

One thing i do know for certain, Odor is a marked man next season because it’s very unlikely that Texas will make the playoffs this season with that sh*thole bullpen.

As expected, the Jays still win the season series.

cj
05-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Seriously?

Did he get knocked down? I would hardly call that an ass beating, more like a sucker punch from a boy, he hit him on the button and still couldn't drop him. Had Beltre not bear hugged Bautista your boy “stinky” would have been fed his lunch.

It was a pretty gutless move on the part of the Rangers to wait until Bautista’s last at bat in the last meeting of the season. Where was all this bravado when the Rangers played in Toronto? For that matter,why didn’t the Rangers throw at him on Friday? Pfffftt, gutless.

One thing i do know for certain, Odor is a marked man next season because it’s very unlikely that Texas will make the playoffs this season with that sh*thole bullpen.

As expected, the Jays still win the season series.

No way was that a sucker punch...just saying. He was looking right at him and they were clearly going to fight. You do a cheap bush league slide like that you better be ready to fight.

And no, he didn't knock him down, but it staggered him. Would have been a standing 8 in the ring. And it isn't like he picked on a little guy, Bautista is at least a little bigger than he is. Beltre saved him from further beating and also his teammate from a longer suspension.

I also don't think I'd be so sure the Blue Jays are making any playoffs, but that is just speculation for now.

ElKabong
05-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Sucker punch. That's funny.

Odor had one hit all day. Made it count, the crowd got a good laugh

Thee jay fans a couple of rows up from us almost got the Yankee fan.treatment in the 6th inning. Verbally abusive and alcohol driven. They were church mice during the 8th. Every fan base has their a holes, toronto brought some of theirs.

We laughed

ElKabong
05-15-2016, 10:49 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/732021260285321218?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Hope the link works from my iPad. Bautista's glasses were knocked clean to the warning track, lol

Power hitting outfielder getting his ass kicked by a second baseman. I guess power hitting of's for the jays just aren't what they used to be. Somewhere on a couch sits joe carter watching that beating on sports center laughing and saying " yeah, like some second baseman was gonna do THAT shit on me" :lol:

HoofedInTheChest
05-16-2016, 05:19 AM
All of this over a stupid bat flip, or maybe the Rangers are still butt hurt 7 months later after they choked in the playoffs, losing 3 games in a row when they clearly had the series in hand. If my memory is correct, weren’t the Texas Rangers 1 strike away (twice) from winning the World Series back in 2011?

HoofedInTheChest
05-16-2016, 07:16 AM
You do a cheap bush league slide like that you better be ready to fight.

Like this one?

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/650411563229310980

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Sucker punch. That's funny.

Odor had one hit all day. Made it count, the crowd got a good laugh

Thee jay fans a couple of rows up from us almost got the Yankee fan.treatment in the 6th inning. Verbally abusive and alcohol driven. They were church mice during the 8th. Every fan base has their a holes, toronto brought some of theirs.

We laughed
Yep - and you're the representative for the University of Texas.
Ya know - that guy who didn't actually graduate from that school but goes on the internet talking a heap of bullshit trash about other schools.
I guess they got so bad that you just gave up? I'm still laughing
:D

rastajenk
05-16-2016, 08:06 AM
I've seen thousands of slides like that, that didn't start a fight. From an outsider's perspective, the Rangers are the team that deserves the "bush league" tag.

Especially after seeing the one Hoofed posted.

Rookies
05-16-2016, 08:22 AM
:sleeping: Like this one?

Indeed!

Make no mistake about it. Joey Bats slide was intended- in response to that weasel move by the excon! Trust Texas to have their balls securely tied down for 3 days, until Bautista's last bat of the Season. Wait until next year at the Rogers Centre. The pitch is going to be a head hunting one- with intent.

I'm glad it all happened. Maybe, kick start the Jays Offense, which has been MIA all Season.

I think Harper has it right about baseball. Too many kill joy, brain dead conservatives with their 1800s thinking. Expression, concerning big time events, should be celebrated- not chastised.

ronsmac
05-16-2016, 08:48 AM
That was a beautiful right hand. Definitely not the first he's ever thrown.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 08:51 AM
:sleeping:

Indeed!

Make no mistake about it. Joey Bats slide was intended- in response to that weasel move by the excon!

I think Harper has it right about baseball. Too many kill joy, brain dead conservatives with their 1800s thinking. Expression, concerning big time events, should be celebrated- not chastised.

Nah. They should just get their ass kicked and reattach their vagina in the clubhouse. :)

He could have let the ex con whip his ass instead. Just chargethe mound and go at it. He knew he was marked man in the series, his ribs were going to stung for his classlesd bat flip.

You're right about one thing this isn't the last of it. Both teams have a strong dislike for each other

HoofedInTheChest
05-16-2016, 09:00 AM
Nah. They should just get their ass kicked and reattach their vagina in the clubhouse. :)

He could have let the ex con whip his ass instead. Just chargethe mound and go at it. He knew he was marked man in the series, his ribs were going to stung for his classlesd bat flip.

You're right about one thing this isn't the last of it. Both teams have a strong dislike for each other
I don’t know what’s more pathetic, your baseball team or your grammar.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 09:04 AM
All of this over a stupid bat flip, or maybe the Rangers are still butt hurt 7 months later after they choked in the playoffs, losing 3 games in a row when they clearly had the series in hand. If my memory is correct, weren’t the Texas Rangers 1 strike away (twice) from winning the World Series back in 2011?

Nice photo of bautista in a wig

Let me say this, i don't like odor any more than bautista. Dirty player, shit stirrrer, liability on defense. Wish the Kinslertrade never happened

Whether it was bush, odor, whoever..., bautista was going to get his ass beat sunday. If he didn't think he'd be challenged then he's dumber than you and i both thought he was. It's baseball. Odor will get challenged the same way too. I think he'll fare better than the bat tossing vagina tho...

As for the playoffs, the rangers were lucky to be there and would have been shut down by kc just like the (non) fighting vaginas of maple leaf town. Check my posts during that series. I thought tor had a good shot winning the series even after we were one game away. The west was and is very weak

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 09:15 AM
That was a beautiful right hand. Definitely not the first he's ever thrown.

There is a video of him in a 2011 minor league game taking on pretty much 3 infielders of an opposing team.. he is a puncher, no doubt.

I just don't like the guy, never have. To me he just served a purpose for the moment. But you're right, it was beautiful, as far as clean punches go. Charged up the crowd and the teams.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 09:20 AM
I don’t know what’s more pathetic, your baseball team or your grammar.

At the moment the rangers are in first place... And took care of some needed trash handling

As for the grammar, I'm posting on a phone not a computer. Blocked access here at work, and posted from the ballpark on my phone. ...Not a stickler for perfection on this tiny keyboard.

Hey good luck to the leafs in the playoffs.

Again :lol:

HoofedInTheChest
05-16-2016, 09:39 AM
Hey good luck to the leafs in the playoffs.

Again :lol:
Remind me again, what trophy did the Dallas Stars win for getting bounced in the second round?

Get back to me when your team has 13 championships.

Rookies
05-16-2016, 09:42 AM

Odor is a sneaky little thug and he will find two in his ear in 2017! Plus, Martin will likely jump in and cold cock him- as well.

He'd better be prepared, because the Jays & their fans will be! I'd be surprised if there weren't: "We'll be waiting for Odour (intentional)" signs tonight at the Rays game.

But again, I'm in Harper's camp- as whacko as that guy is. :rolleyes: Baseball (and, having played it- I love it so) is a boring, pastoral game. These ancient payback, retribution ethos clauses are so 1921. Now, I don't want to see things, like my eedgit football team (the Bills) celebrating a sack, down 31- doughnut, but a bat flip on a Playoff Series winning HR or an exaggerated punch out motion on a preserve K by a Closer?

That should be the face of baseball. Believe me, that bat flip has been immortalized here- forever. Not exactly, #29 touch em all, material, but arguably #2/3 in Jays history, with the Alomar HR v.s. Eck, being the other.

cj
05-16-2016, 10:47 AM
Like this one?

Yes that was even worse. The rule has changed this year though as I'm guessing you know.

Rookies
05-16-2016, 12:54 PM
Yes that was even worse. The rule has changed this year though as I'm guessing you know.

Does the rule include low bridging going the other way? :rolleyes:

Did you notice that, CJ?

Odour is going to take a bb between the eyes next year.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 12:55 PM
Odor is a sneaky little thug and he will find two in his ear in 2017! Plus, Martin will likely jump in and cold cock him- as well.

He'd better be prepared, because the Jays & their fans will be! I'd be surprised if there weren't: "We'll be waiting for Odour (intentional)" signs tonight at the Rays game.

But again, I'm in Harper's camp- as whacko as that guy is. :rolleyes: Baseball (and, having played it- I love it so) is a boring, pastoral game. These ancient payback, retribution ethos clauses are so 1921. Now, I don't want to see things, like my eedgit football team (the Bills) celebrating a sack, down 31- doughnut, but a bat flip on a Playoff Series winning HR or an exaggerated punch out motion on a preserve K by a Closer?

That should be the face of baseball. Believe me, that bat flip has been immortalized here- forever. Not exactly, #29 touch em all, material, but arguably #2/3 in Jays history, with the Alomar HR v.s. Eck, being the other.

Believe me, Bautista getting his ass kicked has been immortalized here.

What exactly did joey vagina's bat flip get the jays? An awaiting ass kicking by kc. That's it.and nothing more...Don't see any need for it, getting by the first round isn't really that big of a deal. Drama queen, and he got a beatdown for his antics

That's baseball. Deal with it.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 01:03 PM

Did you notice that, CJ?

If odor is still on a roster i think he'll be ready for whatever comes. Just his personality, like it or not. I know that grades on you but it is what it is. Not many are going to want to take him on face to face.

Like i said, i don't like odor and never have

Hoofed posted early on that Bautista was sucker punched. Have to question his judgement, if not his intelligence. Both players were squared off, odor pushed joey, then joey steps toward odor then Boom.

Sucker punch. Funny stuff. Canadian penis envy is always amusing. :)

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 01:10 PM
Remind me again, what trophy did the Dallas Stars win for getting bounced in the second round?

Get back to me when your team has 13 championships.

When was the last cup the shaky leafs won? I played AHA in high school and they were mediocre then. Borje salming or some such was their star player.

I'll take a guess here and say they haven't won since the original expansion in 1968. Almost 50 years.

Penis envy of the US is a curable disorder. Take control, you can do it

cj
05-16-2016, 01:12 PM

Did you notice that, CJ?

I don't even know what low bridging is.

For the record, I'm hardly a fan of the Rangers. Just saying what I saw. That was no sucker punch, and the slide was bad. I also HATE when pitchers throw at hitters. It is a stupid "unwritten" rule in baseball that needs to go away. Bat flips are dumb too.

ronsmac
05-16-2016, 02:11 PM
When was the last cup the shaky leafs won? I played AHA in high school and they were mediocre then. Borje salming or some such was their star player.

I'll take a guess here and say they haven't won since the original expansion in 1968. Almost 50 years.

Penis envy of the US is a curable disorder. Take control, you can do itOne of my best friends
is from Vancouver so I have nothing but love for Canada, but you get the post of the day. Strong.

Rookies
05-16-2016, 03:10 PM
I don't even know what low bridging is.

For the record, I'm hardly a fan of the Rangers. Just saying what I saw. That was no sucker punch, and the slide was bad. I also HATE when pitchers throw at hitters. It is a stupid "unwritten" rule in baseball that needs to go away. Bat flips are dumb too.

Low bridging is when the 2B/SS deliberately fires the throw at the oncoming, sliding player's melon!

Rookies
05-16-2016, 05:21 PM
If odor is still on a roster i think he'll be ready for whatever comes. Just his personality, like it or not. I know that grades on you but it is what it is. Not many are going to want to take him on face to face.

Like i said, i don't like odor and never have

Hoofed posted early on that Bautista was sucker punched. Have to question his judgement, if not his intelligence. Both players were squared off, odor pushed joey, then joey steps toward odor then Boom.

Sucker punch. Funny stuff. Canadian penis envy is always amusing. :)

'Canadian penis envy'? :lol:

When Canadians square off on the ice, it is rarely with a girly sucker punch. Especially from a franchise that is a lifetime, career loser. Of course, it never surprises me that it is exactly how losers exhibit their class- all LOW!

Today on Mad Dog Sports,( not Canadian Sports Radio), Odour is being batted around like the little pinata thug bitch he is- throw a punch and run away and hide after you do so! Texas fans phoned in- but none were supporting him.

This, after he low bridged Bautista and then was apparently unavailable to answer media questions. MDS expects a 10 game suspension. They will also look at his Minor League incident, where he pulled the same stunt- the shove and punch technique.

Hopefully, he is still in MLB next year, if not on the Rangers. He's gonna get his.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 05:44 PM
It sure won't come from Bautista, we know that.

Don't know if odor is going to be on a roster or not in 2017. What we do know is, odor didn't hide. Every jay had a chance to take him on and no one touched him. Whatever the jays try, they try. Ball is in their court .

Btw apparently Bautista has been a vag with the Orioles too, so he has a history of being a bitch, or at least an irritant. Nice to see her put in her place

No penis envy of the states eh? Go and post some more on US politics lol. You know you will. You can't keep away from it. Opinions on things you have no control of nor ability to vote on. yep no penis envy with you Canucks :lol:

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 05:53 PM
'Canadian penis envy'? :lol:

When Canadians square off on the ice, it is rarely with a girly sucker punch. Especially from a franchise that is a lifetime, career loser. Of course, it never surprises me that it is exactly how losers exhibit their class- all LOW!

http://deadspin.com/bizarre-play-derails-alds-game-5-blue-jays-fans-throw-1736595004

Did you say low class? Toronto fans can relate.
Ciao, baby

MutuelClerk
05-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Not being a fan of either team I believe the Rangers should have hit Bautista on the road last week in Toronto. Waiting until his last at bat against them is fairly gutless. Especially at home. Bautista should realize with the new sliding rules he was asking for trouble. I can understand being angry after getting drilled in the gutless way he was. But he has to show better restraint. I see Odor getting 8-10 games and Bautista getting 2-4 games.

Hoofed you can't play the 13 Leaf Stanley Cup championship card when we haven't won a Cup in 50 years. Doesn't fly my friend. Hopefully that changes in 3 years or so. The building blocks are getting in place. Enough about the greatest sport on earth. Back to baseball. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Bryce Harper is right. Make it fun again.

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2016, 06:33 PM
It sure won't come from Bautista, we know that.

Don't know if odor is going to be on a roster or not in 2017. What we do know is, odor didn't hide. Every jay had a chance to take him on and no one touched him. Whatever the jays try, they try. Ball is in their court .

Btw apparently Bautista has been a vag with the Orioles too, so he has a history of being a bitch, or at least an irritant. Nice to see her put in her place

No penis envy of the states eh? Go and post some more on US politics lol. You know you will. You can't keep away from it. Opinions on things you have no control of nor ability to vote on. yep no penis envy with you Canucks :lol:
Stay classy you University of Texas alum, errrrrrrrrrrrr, fanboy
:lol:

PhantomOnTour
05-16-2016, 08:32 PM
This is why i do not like the DH rule in the American League.
Their pitchers never have to come to the plate and face the prospect of a 95mph fastball to the midsection.

If you're gonna throw at someone then you should have to take your place at the plate also.

MOG4023
05-16-2016, 08:39 PM
Watching that game (Jays / Rangers) got me thinking about 10 cent beer night (1974) in Cleveland with the visiting Rangers. What an epic brawl / meltdown.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 09:31 PM
Man I remember the Arlington version of that. It was disgraceful. Ten cent beer night was a nightmare and Cle really amped it up too. The drunken fans of the 70s and early 80s were hard to put up with.

ElKabong
05-16-2016, 09:38 PM
I think it was rookie that mentioned this episode was what was needed to get the jays MIA offense going. Nice call. Last I looked the mighty Tampa bay rays are up 11-1.

Do you boys know your baseball or what ;)

Honestly when your slugger gets his ass beaten and humiliated like that, it can't sit well in the clubhouse. It'll take awhile for the shock to leave the room,but it will. Just a matter of time

johnhannibalsmith
05-17-2016, 11:36 AM
Don't like either of them so glad to see either get cracked in the mouth. Also glad to see a punch in baseball that looks like a punch in the movies and not a punch in baseball.

Tor Ekman
05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
You can quibble over the timing of plunking Joey Bats, but at least the Rangers took care of business. I'm still waiting for my Mets to drill Chase f*cking Utley. For some reason it's in my team's DNA to take the high road and let other teams do dirt to them, just like when they had to wait forever to get a chance to drill Clemens (and then f*cked it up) instead of immediately taking care of business by drilling someone like Jeter in retaliation for the head shot on Piazza, pisses me off. Where's Ray Knight when you need him?

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Odor will get challenged the same way too. I think he'll fare better than the bat tossing vagina tho...You been hanging around Trump too much lately? Bat tossing vagina?

Tor Ekman
05-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Don't like either of them so glad to see either get cracked in the mouth. Also glad to see a punch in baseball that looks like a punch in the movies and not a punch in baseball.Brings to mind Casey's great quote when asked why he didn't leave dugout during a brawl: Baseball players look like girls when they fight, so I'm damn sure not going out there and look like an old lady

ElKabong
05-17-2016, 01:25 PM
You been hanging around Trump too much lately? Bat tossing vagina?

You betcha!

(I'm not running for President, so ... ;)

ElKabong
05-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Interesting comments from one of the jays radio team. He said Bautista messed with the wrong guy, an account of the jays radio team is pasted down below.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/05/16/toronto-radio-jose-bautista-messed-wrong-guy-rougned-odor

Siddall: I think we have to look at that slide and say he clearly was trying to get even by getting hit by that pitch, but I think he messed with the wrong guy. Rougned Odor got up, confronted Bautista, gave him a shove and as soon as that shove came, Rougned Odor landed that right hook and that's when things escalated.

Howarth: So a push by Odor and then a punch by Odor into the the [left] eye area of Bautista. That was the big blow right there and you could tell that Jose was rocked by that.

ElKabong
05-17-2016, 01:35 PM
At least one Toronto columnist doesn't like Bautista (calls him out as a prima donna). Good to see media members from both towns be objective. Odor and Bautista are d-bags in their own particular ways.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/05/17/canadian-columnist-prima-donna-jose-bautista-deserved-getting-punched-rougned-odor?f=r

He wrote:
"Odor didn't bother with subtleties. He didn't send a message that could have possibly been misinterpreted, like, oh, a pitcher who plunks a batter or a baserunner who takes out a middle infielder. He left no doubt about the intent of his actions and, refreshingly, he made his point like a hockey player would make his.

"He also gave Bautista exactly what the prima donna deserved.
"Hey, I like 'Joey Bats' the ball player. He's one of the best in the game. But quite often, by his actions and by his words, it sure looks and sounds like Bautista is all about Bautista.

"The incident that started the Jays-Rangers feud is only one example: The famous bat flip."

Rookies
05-18-2016, 09:22 AM
At least one Toronto columnist doesn't like Bautista (calls him out as a prima donna). Good to see media members from both towns be objective. Odor and Bautista are d-bags in their own particular ways.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rangers/rangers/2016/05/17/canadian-columnist-prima-donna-jose-bautista-deserved-getting-punched-rougned-odor?f=r

He wrote:
"Odor didn't bother with subtleties. He didn't send a message that could have possibly been misinterpreted, like, oh, a pitcher who plunks a batter or a baserunner who takes out a middle infielder. He left no doubt about the intent of his actions and, refreshingly, he made his point like a hockey player would make his.

"He also gave Bautista exactly what the prima donna deserved.
"Hey, I like 'Joey Bats' the ball player. He's one of the best in the game. But quite often, by his actions and by his words, it sure looks and sounds like Bautista is all about Bautista.

"The incident that started the Jays-Rangers feud is only one example: The famous bat flip."

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this shite show, but your premise here us completely wrong. As in, to give you an analogy you can understand, a Houston Sports Reporter standing up for a bad ass player on the Cowboys! This guy wasn't from TO, rather Toronto's most intense rival in another Sport- Hockey.

On the suspensions themselves...

"TORONTO – If you’re trying to understand Major League Baseball’s logic – and feel free to use air quotes – behind its disciplinary process in the suspensions and fines levied against the Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers for their weekend brawl, it goes something like this:

As I predicted (10 games) that little weasel Odour got close to what he deserved.

"• Rougned Odor gets eight games for fighting and punching Jose Bautista, viewed as a relatively stiff penalty within the sport’s standards. The low throw the second baseman made at the all-star right-fielder as he slid into the bag was also factored into that;

• Bautista gets one game for "his actions during the incident and for his post-game comments," Bottom line, the sense apparently is had he headed right back to the dugout immediately after the slide rather than turning to face Odor, matters may not have escalated;

For what exactly? :lol: Of course, he should appeal.

• Jesse Chavez gets three games because he intentionally threw at Prince Fielder after the teams had brawled and warnings had been issued, a relatively standard punishment; " it underlines the stupidity of the next reference of the excon, who was absolutely told to drill Bautista in his last AB of Game 6, for the entire Season.

• Matt Bush received only a fine even though, in MLB’s words, he "intentionally threw at Bautista, causing the warnings," because home plate umpire Dan Iassogna pooched things by not ejecting him. In the absence of a toss, baseball officials likely worried a ban might not survive an appeal;

• John Gibbons gets three games because he returned to the field after being ejected earlier in the game and "incited further fighting." As a repeat offender there would have been less leeway for him, and you’d think his rant about the slide rule earlier this season probably hurt him, too.

Gibbons is a slack jawed, marble mouthed clown from... you guessed it- Texas. I hate that clued out drawl and would be delighted if the side benefit to this whole thing, is that he is gassed by the end of June!

Why the Ranger Manager/ his substitute isn't getting the same for incitement, by waving his arms around like a WWF buffoon, is beyond me.

Bautista cranked one last night, but the whole team is in a funk now (funk being 3 games below .500) and they all need readjustment training. A frigging 8.4 Mill semi closer who isn't worth $8.40, having lost 5MPH off his Fastball & Slider. I'd hate to have him throwing at Odour next year.

He'd miss! :lol: :bang:

ElKabong
05-18-2016, 01:33 PM
I have to commend you on your sense of humor, there!

I feel the same about our closer, blew another game last night. Looks like Bush is the (new) closer whenever they feel he's ready for the pressure

Good luck the rest of the way

Stillriledup
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM
I'm already looking forward to next year when these teams meet again. Before this, I wouldn't have cared, now I want to watch.