PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting fed up with TWINSPIRES?

NorCalGreg
04-12-2016, 02:39 PM
I don't know about TS anymore--they're making some changes with their site or something. I use the Chrome browser--never had a problem, til one day out of the blue--I can't access certain areas. I click links like I've always done--and nothing loads. They have a person you can connect with in chat--to discuss problems such as this--the guy wasnt really any help at all.

I was first told to clear my cache--which seemed to make sense. Cleared everything with CC Cleaner---back to TS--and nothing. Same problem.

I go back to their chat help--and another person tells me I need a different browser. Well I'm not changing browsers everytime I want to log onto TS--which is several times a day.
Soooo....i just lived with that--no access to certain areas of their site.
Then for awhile I couldn't access the wager pad module. I sent them an e-mail--and in their defense was answered promptly by telephone.
I missed that call--but the problem corrected itself, so all okay now.

EXCEPT...their site is very slow to load up when logging on--they have some graphics that change ever 10 seconds or so..and the thing won't move until the graphic changes. It might sound funny, but trust me, it's annoying when you never had a problem previously. They've done something--made changes--behind the scenes--I'm sure they meant well--but it's just irritating.

Okay, here's the kicker--the entire reason for this rant:

I handicap at night, when my family's asleep--so I don't bother anyone. Now about once a month around midnite--I go to get my PP's, Summaries, etc for the tracks I plan to bet--and get this message:

As part of our continued effort to bring you the ultimate wagering experience, TwinSpires.com is currently offline for scheduled maintenance.
We anticipate returning to full service before 09:00 AM EDT.
Thank you for your patience and your support of TwinSpires.com.

I understand they have to perform maintenance on the site--I have no problem with that. But couldn't they have alerted customers in advance they would be shut down for NINE HOURS? I can get whatever I need beforehand--if I knew this was coming.

This is like the 3rd time for me having this happen. So I end up going to Bris and having to pay for my PP's. I actually wrote it down the last time it happened--so I would be ready this time---but naturally I forgot.

Should customers have to write this down--when all TS has to do, is post up when a person logs on--that they would be shut down that night?

Anyway...if you bothered to read this---thanks for hearing me out. I actually am pleased with TS, the free PP's etc-- that is until lately.

-NCG

Flysofree
04-12-2016, 06:53 PM
I had to stop using Firefox to use Twinspires. It crashed and noone seemed to care ..But in their defense, they told me to use Chrome. I have switched and all is well there for me.
There is definately an issue with the Flash player at Firefox, that does not happen at Chrome on all websites .

Dr Gonzo
04-13-2016, 06:00 AM
I had to stop using Firefox to use Twinspires. It crashed and noone seemed to care ..But in their defense, they told me to use Chrome. I have switched and all is well there for me.
There is definately an issue with the Flash player at Firefox, that does not happen at Chrome on all websites .

I had to switch to Chrome to get the Gulfstream transmission. With every new update, I lose something on Firefox. :mad:

green80
04-19-2016, 04:33 PM
The biggest problem I have with twinspires is no rebates

tanner12oz
04-22-2016, 11:16 PM
The mobile platform has changed 3 times in the past year

djm1959
04-23-2016, 10:46 AM
i like the newest mobile app--- big for guys like me to see

lolll

Stoleitbreezing
04-26-2016, 09:10 PM
My biggest problem with TS would be video quality after extended periods of times (3-6 hours). I'll pull up twinspires TV, start watching races and/or betting and everything is great for awhile, then i'll switch to my next track or my current video will freeze up midway through the race or at the top of the stretch. Its very frustrating especially if I have a bet on the race and not just doing research. I've cleared cache, using chrome and IE browsers, but it still continues to happen. My internet never drops and I have no issues with other websites or watching videos elsewhere (youtube, etc) Anyone else have this issue?

no breathalyzer
05-08-2016, 07:25 AM
My biggest problem with TS would be video quality after extended periods of times (3-6 hours). I'll pull up twinspires TV, start watching races and/or betting and everything is great for awhile, then i'll switch to my next track or my current video will freeze up midway through the race or at the top of the stretch. Its very frustrating especially if I have a bet on the race and not just doing research. I've cleared cache, using chrome and IE browsers, but it still continues to happen. My internet never drops and I have no issues with other websites or watching videos elsewhere (youtube, etc) Anyone else have this issue?

i been noticing this too... and when you switch tracks even tho i have it set to highest quality it isn't until i hit the stop button and re hit play

Spiderman
05-08-2016, 08:21 AM
The biggest problem I have with twinspires is no rebates

TVG gives a whopping .002%. Wager $2,500, get a Lincoln.

forced89
05-08-2016, 10:44 AM

I use Firefox with no problems. I also love Twin Spires. Why? I live in Texas and they can't accept bets from Texas but they are committed to allowing me access to their website.

Secondbest
05-08-2016, 10:45 AM
TVG gives a whopping .002%. Wager $2,500, get a Lincoln.
Penny?

Spiderman
05-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Penny?

I forgot that Lincoln is also on a penny, even, forgot about pennies. Fin, fiver, nickel, $5

FrankieFigs
05-08-2016, 05:57 PM
I use Chrome and have not had any issues with Twinspires. Wagering interface, videos and free Bris PP's have all been good for me.

horses4courses
05-08-2016, 06:01 PM
I use Chrome and have not had any issues with Twinspires. Wagering interface, videos and free Bris PP's have all been good for me.

Same here.
TVG's new website is a different story.
Terrible. :ThmbDown:

098poi
05-08-2016, 06:54 PM
I use it with Firefox and for the most part have no issues. I deposited $100 yesterday quicker than a whales bet on a favorite after the gates open!

My one issue is when I watch the races I can open 1 or 2 videos but it's either small or full screen. I think there was a time I could stretch it to fill half the screen so I could watch and still see whatever I had open. I can still do that but the window is like 4x5 inches.

BettinBilly
05-10-2016, 07:38 PM
I appreciate you putting in the time to relay your experiences with TS, Greg.

As I posted in another thread, I have the big three (TwinSpires, xPressBet, and TVG) as triple redundancy makes me feel covered. I find pluses and minuses with each ADW. I've had issues with TVG and with TwinSpires, but oddly never with xPressBet.

HOWEVER, I am aware that this is a highly subjective issue, and if you ask another Horseplayer, you'll get a different opinion.

I did a complete write-up comparing all three big ADWs a few years ago here on PA, but since then I've had some issues with both TVG and TwinSpires. But any day, I'm bound to have an issue with xPressBet.

Because I dropped my Windows Laptop/Desktop for Google's Chromebook platform, I use only Chrome Web Browsers for accessing all three ADWs including TwinSpires, and I've had no issues with Chrome... yet.