PDA

View Full Version : Trojan Nation

Lemon Drop Husker
04-12-2016, 10:20 AM
Well, this Maiden has earned enough points with his 2nd place finish in the Wood, and as one would expect, the connections are likely to move him on to the Kentucky Derby.

1. Should Maidens be allowed in the Derby?
2. When was the last Maiden to run in the Derby?

Makes for a really interesting entry when you consider his pedigree and his late running style.

Kash$
04-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Well, this Maiden has earned enough points with his 2nd place finish in the Wood, and as one would expect, the connections are likely to move him on to the Kentucky Derby.

Makes for a really interesting entry when you consider his pedigree and his late running style.

Nationalore last maiden to run in the Derby.

Brokers Tip a maiden won the derby

Sir Barton broke his maiden in the derby

PhantomOnTour
04-12-2016, 10:27 AM

Nationalore in the late 90's ???

EDIT: i see Kash beat me to it :ThmbUp:

SecretAgentMan
04-12-2016, 11:57 AM
No, I don't think maidens should be allowed in the KD. Also, there should be adjustments in the point system,, like each horse in the derby should have at least one graded race win to enter the KD....lol!

With those rules injected, it would dwindle the KD field down to where it should be, screw the other cheap horses, then again, we wouldn't be able to get these huge payouts with a 20 horse field.

overthehill
04-12-2016, 01:06 PM
that is silly. if the maiden is good enough to qualify under the point system, it belongs.

minethatbird08
04-12-2016, 01:24 PM
3 maidens have won the Derby, 1 of those the triple crown, so yeah if they can get in they should be allowed.

f2tornado
04-12-2016, 01:53 PM
I don't know how the horse is a maiden with his breeding. He has Raise A Native via Mr. P on top. He has Buckpasser-x via Lassie Dear who was bred with Secretariat to get Weekend Surprise. He is female family 1-o (Query, two Belmont winners with this female tail). Dosage wise nothing extraordinary but 20 points and DI of 3.44 is about par for the Derby in recent years. He certainly closed fast in the slop. His final 3/8th was a little over 38 seconds which isn't too shabby but the final time was molasses albeit so was the track. I will use him underneath on some wagers. If you don't have at least one bomber in your Derby exotics then you're doing it wrong (most years).

Secondbest
04-12-2016, 03:55 PM
how come nobody talks about Majesto As the clunker du jour?
He beat Moheyem, 2nd in florida to Nyquist.why not?

depalma113
04-12-2016, 09:58 PM
I don't know how the horse is a maiden with his breeding.

He's really slow.

PowerUpPaynter
04-12-2016, 10:37 PM
his final 3/8 and 1/8 of the wood were slow, looked more visually impressive due to how slow the whole field was

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14meVH3tXTu6Lb9pgiiP8ouylmSFpsktVWVUNd2eQyzs/edit#gid=0

EMD4ME
04-12-2016, 10:39 PM
his final 3/8 and 1/8 of the wood were slow, looked more visually impressive due to how slow the whole field was

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14meVH3tXTu6Lb9pgiiP8ouylmSFpsktVWVUNd2eQyzs/edit#gid=0

I agree, he "closed" into a hot pace. I personally have the Beyer Fig of the race at 83-86, so he basically sucked up and is dressed up with an 83-86.

Heck, I put him in my stable mail as I can't wait for him to show up in a maiden race and lose at somepoint in the summer. I can't wait to bet against him at low odds.

Grits
04-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Trojan Nation at 80-1 ran second in the Wood last Saturday. One More Round, who exited the same race last out in SoCal, beating Trojan Nation for second, just ran second in the Lexington at...almost 40-1.

I stuck with Baffert to win...that worked out fine, but sure wish I'd used that 1 horse in my tri instead of the 2-4-5-10. Lord, those SoCal horses hurt bad. :faint:

PaceMasterT
04-16-2016, 07:25 PM
Trojan Nation at 80-1 ran second in the Wood last Saturday. One More Round, who exited the same race last out in SoCal, beating Trojan Nation for second, just ran second in the Lexington at...almost 40-1.

I stuck with Baffert to win...that worked out fine, but sure wish I'd used that 1 horse in my tri instead of the 2-4-5-10. Lord, those SoCal horses hurt bad. :faint:

Trojan Nation was third against Cupid in Cupid's maiden breaking win before the Rebel.