PDA

View Full Version : learn from me..

Suff
06-29-2004, 10:39 PM
until the black man is free...none of us are

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.

We must not believe the many, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say that only the educated are free

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do you agree?

When liberty is taken away by force it can be restored by force. When it is relinquished voluntarily by default it can never be recovered
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

think hard..!!!!.. lexington concord hard

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

read this and tell me your not asleep.

The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.

I believe this... they are pitching you safety.... you want safe...safe for you ,, safe for you posseions,,,

your founding father told you.... he said

-Thomas Jefferson (Notes on Virginia, 1782)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It spite of Christian right attempts to rewrite history to make Jefferson into a Christian, little about his philosophy resembles that of Christianity. Although Jefferson in the Declaration of Independence wrote of the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God, there exists nothing in the Declaration about Christianity.

Jefferson aimed at laissez-faire liberalism in the name of individual freedom, He felt that any form of government control, not only of religion, but of individual mercantilism consisted of tyranny. He thought that our civil rights have no dependence on our religious opinions, any more than our opinions in physics or geometry.

If anything can clear of the misconceptions of Jeffersonian history, it can come best from the author himself. Although Jefferson had a complex view of religion, too vast for this article, the following quotes provide a glimpse of how Thomas Jefferson viewed the corruptions of Christianity and religion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity.

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782.

But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

-Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1782.

note the date... he seasoned at governing america

The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills.

-Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, January 24, 1814

GEORGE BUSH IS WRONG AND A THREAT

I use the words of a founder

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2004, 10:44 PM
He ain't a threat to me.

Suff
06-29-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Suff

The average man does not want to be free. He simply wants to be safe.

average

Secretariat
06-29-2004, 10:47 PM
Anyone who knows Jefferson knows you are spot on with this.

I think the thing the founders were more terrified of than anything thogh is tyranny, and one man control (ole King George)...and now we're having to deal with another George....

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Gee, for a bumbling idiot, this guy George Bush sure has a lot of panties in a knot.

You sure he ain't a genius in disguise? You guys sure are giving an "idiot" an awful lot of credit here.

Secretariat
06-29-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Gee, for a bumbling idiot, this guy George Bush sure has a lot of panties in a knot.

You sure he ain't a genius in disguise? You guys sure are giving an "idiot" an awful lot of credit here.

You don't have to be a genius to create havoc. Look at history.

Suff
06-29-2004, 11:13 PM
i AM WITH OUT A DOUBT....AN IDIOT...

I'M A BUST OUT WITH A COMPUTER......

BUT I'M LIKE WILLIAM MONEY

KILLER OF WOMAN AND CHILDREN..... KILLED ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT WALKED OR CRAWLED AT ONE TIME IN MY LIFE...

AND I'M HEAR TO KILL YOU LITTLE BUSH...

FOR WHAT YOU DID TO MY FRIEND TOM JEFFERSON

Suff
06-29-2004, 11:16 PM
i nominate my last post to the hall of fame,,,

truely a classic

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2004, 01:02 AM
BTW, when I said you guys are giving an "idiot" an awful lot of credit here, I was of course referring to GWB.