PDA

View Full Version : Mountaineer Opening Night-Sat. Apr 16

mountainman
04-11-2016, 05:58 PM
First overnight out. Made a good quality open alw and an intriguing under-feature with str/optional heading. Several full fields, as well.

rrpic6
04-11-2016, 07:47 PM
I'm planning on a Mahoning Valley - Mountaineer Daily Double. Maybe I'll bring John McGary before he heads back to Louisiana. Sad to see most of the purses dipping below 7K for the claiming races.

RR

EMD4ME
04-11-2016, 11:09 PM
First overnight out. Made a good quality open alw and an intriguing under-feature with str/optional heading. Several full fields, as well.

MNR's popularity, IMO, is that you guys ran year round AND more importantly, as the only game in town on Sun, Mon and Tues NIGHTS YEAR ROUND!

Now, as an April to Oct track, sorry, as a hardcore REAL horseplayer, NOBODY CARES.

Every single track in the USA and Canada runs MOSTLY in these months, so the "edge is gone".

I loved you GUYS. I loved your show. But your cutback, killed your product.

With that said, I still love what you do Mountain Man and your passion but I don't need MNR anymore. I needed it Nov-Mar on Sun, Mon and Tues nights.

Not when 10 other tracks are running.

appistappis
04-12-2016, 02:03 AM
MNR's popularity, IMO, is that you guys ran year round AND more importantly, as the only game in town on Sun, Mon and Tues NIGHTS YEAR ROUND!

Now, as an April to Oct track, sorry, as a hardcore REAL horseplayer, NOBODY CARES.

Every single track in the USA and Canada runs MOSTLY in these months, so the "edge is gone".

With that said, I still love what you do Mountain Man and your passion but I don't need MNR anymore. I needed it Nov-Mar on Sun, Mon and Tues nights.

amen

lamboguy
04-12-2016, 08:46 AM

i couldn't agree more. the place had it all for a horse player, they were doing $3 million handles on Monday nights against pro football.

unfortunately some of the trainers now like it that the purses are reduced because it will keep better horses away from the place. this is going to be another example where you can see that the corporate trainers are ruling the sport.

barahona44
04-12-2016, 09:35 AM
i couldn't agree more. the place had it all for a horse player, they were doing $3 million handles on Monday nights against pro football.

unfortunately some of the trainers now like it that the purses are reduced because it will keep better horses away from the place. this is going to be another example where you can see that the corporate trainers are ruling the sport.
"The customer is always right" lesson seems to have escaped some people's learning.

Thomas Roulston
04-12-2016, 10:32 AM
I love it that they run 7-furlong turf races.

tanner12oz
04-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I love it that they run 7-furlong turf races.

nah the races carded specifically for huntress Helena are the best...

Stillriledup
04-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Lol

Wow you wait for months and months and that's the result u get in the first!!

:lol:

Zaf
04-17-2016, 12:17 AM
Looking forward to the Sunday night card :) Now that the Walking Dead is on hiatus till the fall :D

Z

EMD4ME
04-17-2016, 12:35 AM
Lol

Wow you wait for months and months and that's the result u get in the first!!

:lol:

They had to make up for lost time :D 65/1 was short in my eyes :eek: :lol:

Tom
04-17-2016, 08:25 AM
Looking forward to the Sunday night card :) Now that the Walking Dead is on hiatus till the fall :D

Z

I thought I saw the Walking Dead in the third tonight. :eek:

Zaf
04-17-2016, 10:27 AM
:lol: :)

Stillriledup
04-17-2016, 07:05 PM
The first race 5f race might have been a mile and a half, not sure how the 2 won for fun, he seemed totally buried and too far back. If you're the best you can win from anywhere, even 9 lengths back in a 5f race.

Stillriledup
04-18-2016, 09:47 PM
What was the guy on the 1A doing In race 8 at mountain? The entry just didnt appear to ever be interested, seemed like they purposely stayed back and the gu in the 1a wasnt too interested in passing the 4, very curious ride on the entry there.