PDA

View Full Version : Guaranteed Longshot Today

NorCalGreg
04-11-2016, 08:13 AM
6TH - RACE MVR :2: --She Gave Me Life

-- FOR THREE YEAR OLDS AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE SINCE JULY 11

HAHA ....this trainer really knows how to spot his horses. You could say this horse fits the conditions--unless they thought it meant July 11th..OF 2013.
I've never seen a trainer who was 0 -for- 164. He did manage to acquire the services of a 5% jockey--who must seem like the 2nd coming of Johnny Longdon to that guy.

Another thing I got a chuckle out of--look at his sire's stud fee: $721. WTF....did they charge on a sliding scale based on what the buyer could afford?

The horse does have some positives--he was throwin bullets back in '13 :D

Don't know how you can look past the trainer, but if you can--if rain is forecast for MVR today, his only win came on an off-track, he's showing a rider switch, and 2nd off layoff. I set his fair-odds value @ 99-1. Go for it

-NCG

Dr Gonzo
04-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Be careful, Greg. Don't miss that last work, 4f in a blistering :51 2/5 :lol:

rrpic6
04-11-2016, 12:21 PM
Amazing that #2 She Gave Me Life went off only at 28-1. Kim Cecil does have 1 win that came in the past few weeks. Her only 1 for the 2015-16 MVR meet. Give credit to John McGary for the 50-1 ML. Rest assured the bettors will still bet this million to one horse again.

I do see some logical longshots winning or doing well today. Its a quagmire, so closers from the outside have a punchers chance.

Race 1: #6 Humorous Chant
Race 3: #7 Makinville
Race 7:#1A Phil's Boy
Race 8: #9 Tuffy Cottrell

Good Luck

RR

johnhannibalsmith
04-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Another thing I got a chuckle out of--look at his sire's stud fee: $721. WTF....did they charge on a sliding scale based on what the buyer could afford?

-NCG

:D

Probably a foreign-bred, mostly likely Canada. I should have looked at the attached picture before I hit reply, but pretty sure that at some point they started translating known fees based in foreign bucks back into a standard American currency.

johnhannibalsmith
04-11-2016, 12:27 PM

HAHA ....this trainer really knows how to spot his horses. You could say this horse fits the conditions--unless they thought it meant July 11th..OF 2013...

Just looked at the PPs and realized this guy is a non-two. And there's a non-two at the same distance earlier in the card. As bad as this guy's record is, I'm not sure even he intended to be in this spot.

NorCalGreg
04-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Amazing that #2 She Gave Me Life went off only at 28-1. Kim Cecil does have 1 win that came in the past few weeks. Her only 1 for the 2015-16 MVR meet. Give credit to John McGary for the 50-1 ML. Rest assured the bettors will still bet this million to one horse again.

I do see some logical longshots winning or doing well today. Its a quagmire, so closers from the outside have a punchers chance.

Race 1: #6 Humorous Chant
Race 3: #7 Makinville
Race 7:#1A Phil's Boy
Race 8: #9 Tuffy Cottrell

Good Luck

RR

RR I realize you and Gib are the board authorities on MVR---and you proved that even more with your call on TUFFY COTTRELL in the 8th--$22.00 $8.20 $4.80 Very nice work :ThmbUp:

NorCalGreg
04-11-2016, 04:59 PM
Just looked at the PPs and realized this guy is a non-two. And there's a non-two at the same distance earlier in the card. As bad as this guy's record is, I'm not sure even he intended to be in this spot.

Unless...........this trainer is fiendishly clever--and has planned the most diabolical, jaw-dropping betting coup in the history of Mahoning Valley.

Dr Gonzo
04-11-2016, 06:23 PM
I seem to remember a trainer with the same last name and similar skill set, plying his trade at Penn many years ago. Perhaps this is a new generation carrying on the family tradition? :)

rrpic6
04-11-2016, 07:14 PM
I seem to remember a trainer with the same last name and similar skill set, plying his trade at Penn many years ago. Perhaps this is a new generation carrying on the family tradition? :)

There are a few Brothers that dabble in training but are in the Pizza business. No, they didn't own The Pizza Man.

RR

rrpic6
04-11-2016, 07:16 PM
RR I realize you and Gib are the board authorities on MVR---and you proved that even more with your call on TUFFY COTTRELL in the 8th--$22.00 $8.20 $4.80 Very nice work :ThmbUp:

Thanks, hit the pick 4 but not the superfecta, as a 70-1 ran 4th. Needed to press the ALL button for that one.

RR