PDA

View Full Version : Barn To Wire - Janine (Sad News)

Steve 'StatMan'
04-10-2016, 02:10 PM
Hi fellow PA members & friends. I figured some here would want to know. Some of you are also familiar with the website Barn To Wire, which has been run by the wonderful Janine Starykowicz for over a decade. She had a small number of postings here long ago. Janine very sadly passed away on Saturday morning due to cancer that was detected and diagnosed only very recently.

Janine had an absolute, total love for horses, their welfare, as well as a love for wagering on the game. She was quite a thrill to be around when all who knew her had the chance to be around her. Oh is she going to be missed in this lifetime. She also had a great love of Forums and discussions. It was from posting on BTW that her posters learned of PA, and how I got here.

You can find our more in both the TB and H forums on www.barntowire.com

Tom
04-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Sad news.
I visited there from time to time.....

RIP.

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2016, 02:17 PM
This is indeed very sad news. And so relatively young...

I didn't know her, but I knew of her website. And when I read her quotes in the eulogy press-release on the BTW site, I know I share many of her same feelings (and frustrations) running PaceAdvantage.com.

Rest in peace Janine.

illinoisbred
04-11-2016, 05:56 PM
Was a shocker Steve...56 is way too young...

Steve 'StatMan'
04-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Was a shocker Steve...56 is way too young...

Yes it is, says this 56 year old (57 soon)

Thanks Everyone.

Mr_Ed
04-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Services for our Janine.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nwitimes/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=179596520

Very sad.