PDA

View Full Version : *Proof Classy Horses Don't Read The Racing Form

NorCalGreg
04-10-2016, 06:28 AM
Sat - Aqueduct

I lamented earlier in the day that the classier horses can just outrun any speed, pace configuration, track condition barriers they may have been assigned in the PP's.

MUD PEDIGREE didn't seem to matter a bit--even the entries that had already run well with a high mud-speed fig--didn't surprise anyone. The only upset of the day was provided by SALTINE -the horse with maybe the worst mud pedigree of them all.

-TOP SPEED LAST RACE --only saw two short-priced winners.

-Was a different story just taking the TOP CURRENT or AVG CLASS entries--as those classiest horses in these classy races won 7 times.

-RUNNING STYLES and QSP weren't much help either.."S" or "P" horses ruled the day, with 7 winners..and if LONE "S" -TROJAN NATION wins the head-bob, the domination would have been complete.

I admit I'm stuck on handicapping "claiming-race" style--and if you also thought E-8 GREEN GRATTO @ at 13-1 was a best bet in the hi-early speed favoring 7F 11th race--welcome to the claiming-'capper club.

GG embarrassed lone speed cappers everywhere--guess he didn't see the PP's either. Take a look at the Summary below to see what Green Gratto neglected to read.

All in all...it was a fun day anyway :)

NCG☮

MitchS
04-10-2016, 08:52 AM
The first system I ever used. Now this is going way back, grew up around racing. Think I was like 15 -16 or so. Anyway, It was a class calculator (Kelco Class Calculator) promoted by the late Great Eddie Arcaro. Someone at the track gave me $1000 that I talked into backing me. Was doing very well every weekend at the track (Playing those horses only, spending quite a bit of time slide ruling every horse in every race :D) until the class horses hit the proverbial brick wall and the $1000 dollars was gone. Then I had to tell the investor and explain what happened. He was one of those, every day at the track, whales that didn't do too good. That was my first lesson in class :).

dansan
04-10-2016, 10:42 AM
the :5: was 6-6 in the slop

Secondbest
04-10-2016, 01:03 PM
The top 2 late pace last race ran 1-2.