PDA

View Full Version : Odd D/D Payoff, 4/8. Santa Anita, 3rd & 4th

Ocala Mike
04-08-2016, 07:44 PM
Was this an erroneous punch made too late to cancel?

The 3rd race winner paid $4.20 and the 4th race winner paid $72.80.

THE $2 DD PAID $36.00 EVEN (AND THAT'S OK, AS THEY USED TO SAY BACK IN THE DAY). If the 5 in the second leg was "live," no way he goes off 35/1 straight. I think, rather than a "coup," this was a bad punch made at the bell and couldn't be cancelled.

chenoa
04-08-2016, 08:47 PM
Horse was bet in the double with other runners besides the 4 in the 3rd, don't think it was error.

The horse dropped from 25/1 to 17/1 in 2 minutes (5 minutes-3 minutes to post). Last shot he went from 25/1 to 35/1. Perhaps there was some cancellation on the WIN ticket as they were looking to maximize their price!! ;)

Stillriledup
04-08-2016, 08:50 PM
The pick 3 races 345 paid exactly the same as the races 4 and 5 DD.

Fox
04-09-2016, 03:47 AM
The pick 3 races 345 paid exactly the same as the races 4 and 5 DD.

The plot thickens.

bello
04-09-2016, 09:24 AM
Race 3 was a lets change from turf to off the turf and the new favorite won. I believe there was a couple of late scratches that may have put that $$$$ on the favorite in the P3s though not sure what Cal rules are.

And I am a charter member of the Grassy Knoll Gang. But there may be a logical explanation to this one.

MonmouthParkJoe
04-09-2016, 10:00 AM
I tried to do a quick search on CA wagering rules for this but couldnt find anything.

I know in some jurisdictions in horizontal wagers when the event is moved from the turf to the dirt, it becomes an "all", but usually I see this in middle legs of something like a pick 4 or 5. Not sure how it effects the first half of the double if your scratch goes right to the favorite or becomes an "all". The $1 pick three that ended with the 5th paid almost $1,200 and looking on equibase it doesnt show the middle leg as "all" with the payouts. For those charting doubles, :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
04-09-2016, 12:05 PM
I tried to do a quick search on CA wagering rules for this but couldnt find anything.

I know in some jurisdictions in horizontal wagers when the event is moved from the turf to the dirt, it becomes an "all", but usually I see this in middle legs of something like a pick 4 or 5. Not sure how it effects the first half of the double if your scratch goes right to the favorite or becomes an "all". The $1 pick three that ended with the 5th paid almost $1,200 and looking on equibase it doesnt show the middle leg as "all" with the payouts. For those charting doubles, :ThmbUp:

This situation the 3rd race was taken off the turf after the first had been run (I think) but before race two started, so the 2/3 DD didnt have consos or 'alls'

Stillriledup
04-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Btw, nobody going to call out Santa Anita for taking race 3 off the turf yesterday after the pick 5 started? Do these people not have weather dot com?

But really comes down to the players getting it in the shorts ahead of 'de horsemen' but you wouldn't ever expect anything less (or more) from a Stronach run track.