PDA

View Full Version : Shagaf

PowerUpPaynter
04-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Someone sell me on why Shagaf will win the Wood...

Great buzz, undefeated but pretty poor beyers and ran a full second or 5 lengths slower then Matt King Coal did at Aqueduct the next day at the same distance. Dont know what to make of this horse. With the buzz he has and the m/l favorite i got to be missing something.

SecretAgentMan
04-07-2016, 08:49 PM
I like Shagaf to win in this race, but I'm.not here to sell you on the horse. Some years beyers are important & other years beyers don't mean shit! Imo, this year they won't mean jack.

Let's see how fast or slow Shagaf runs in the Wood. The only thing a horse has to do is beat the other horses, & sometimes the time doesn't matter.

Shemp Howard
04-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Time only matters to a man in jail.

He looked kind of wobbly down the stretch last race against lesser.

Robert Fischer
04-07-2016, 09:07 PM
I haven't handicapped this race and I haven't even seen Matt King Cole, but Shagaf is clearly a lovely horse with Grade I potential. It's unlikely that anyone else in the Wood is like Shagaf, but I will eventually look at everyone.

Maybe it's a case of losing something in the translation of the numbers, or maybe Shagaf's 'obvious' qualities are in areas that players like me overestimate and should be looking to speed figures instead. Up to you to figure out.

EMD4ME
04-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Someone sell me on why Shagaf will win the Wood...

Great buzz, undefeated but pretty poor beyers and ran a full second or 5 lengths slower then Matt King Coal did at Aqueduct the next day at the same distance. Dont know what to make of this horse. With the buzz he has and the m/l favorite i got to be missing something.

It's very simple. Shagaf broke on top in the Gotham. Irad could have simply tucked over, wired the field by about 5 and earned a 100 Beyer.

Then, more people would like him.

Chad and Irad wanted to see if he could rate behind horses and be push button.

Horse broke great, Irad looked over and knew the 1 would be sent and the plan was to let the 1 get the lead (and headstart) with the GOLDEN bias, see if Shagaf could eat dirt, rate and finish. Well he ate dirt, he rated beautifully and when needed he angled out to the deeper 4 path and overcame the bias to grind up in the lane.

Because of the aforementioned education/test his speed figure is lower.

Hope that helps.

tanner12oz
04-07-2016, 10:44 PM
He visually was not impressive inn the Gotham nor were his numbers impressive...pass

if Adventist as matured at all I think he's got a punchers chance

PowerUpPaynter
04-08-2016, 08:22 AM
It's very simple. Shagaf broke on top in the Gotham. Irad could have simply tucked over, wired the field by about 5 and earned a 100 Beyer.

Then, more people would like him.

Chad and Irad wanted to see if he could rate behind horses and be push button.

Horse broke great, Irad looked over and knew the 1 would be sent and the plan was to let the 1 get the lead (and headstart) with the GOLDEN bias, see if Shagaf could eat dirt, rate and finish. Well he ate dirt, he rated beautifully and when needed he angled out to the deeper 4 path and overcame the bias to grind up in the lane.

Because of the aforementioned education/test his speed figure is lower.

Hope that helps.

wow thats some good info. thanks

EMD4ME
04-08-2016, 09:18 AM
wow thats some good info. thanks

You're welcome :ThmbUp:

But it doesn't mean I'm married to him in the Wood. I really like Adventist but I'm pissed to see Adventist right next to Shagaf again. Maybe Karmouche will beat Irad out of the gate or maybe he will follow him this time and use him as liver cover flow (2nd pocket).

We shall see!

Robert Fischer
04-08-2016, 09:27 AM
EMD4ME nice to read your insights. :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
04-08-2016, 09:44 AM
:blush: I'm just the crazy guy on this message board , Dont forget :lol: :lol:

Robert Fischer
04-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I think we'll find out today whether Shagaf is a Derby win contender or whether he's just a really really nice Grade 2 horse.

I always like to see some 'brilliance' in my top Derby win contenders, and Shagaf has all the potential in the world. Maybe he'll display that brilliance to me today for the first time.

f2tornado
04-08-2016, 11:13 AM
He needs to step up big time. Extrapolating out his Gotham win to a 9F race suggests a final 3/8th in about 40 seconds which is two seconds too slow for the Derby. His Brisnet LP figures don't inspire confidence (yet) for a top of the ticket wager. He does have the female 23b factor which has have some Derby success, at times with long odds.

PaceAdvantage
04-11-2016, 12:20 PM
:blush: I'm just the crazy guy on this message board , Dont forget :lol: :lol:Indeed you are sometimes.