PDA

View Full Version : Pick Three Grading Woes at Pinnacle - Check Your Tickets Carefully

Jeff P
06-29-2004, 04:50 PM
This morning I hit the pick three for races 1 through 3 at Calder. In the third leg I had two horses on my ticket: The #3 who won the race and the #5 who became a late scratch. When Race 3 was made official Pinnacle paid me the consolation pick three amount with the #5 and not the winning pick three amount with the #3.

So I shot them off an email and they made my account right within 45 minutes.

I'm posting this here because it isn't the first time this has happened to me. In fact, it has happened EVERY TIME that I have had both a winning pick three and a consolation pick three on the same ticket. If I hadn't bothered to check my account today I'd be out a fair chunk of change.

Can I be the only one they are routinely doing this to? I kind of doubt it. Is anybody else out there having this same problem with Pinnacle? Could it be a software thing, with some errant piece of code automatically grabbing the amount from the first pick three mutuel that it finds (usually the consolation) in the results html? Anybody know?

cj
06-29-2004, 05:00 PM
I've had a couple mistakes made, but they always fix them very quickly. I am very meticulous with my account, I would hope others do the same.

freeneasy
06-29-2004, 06:39 PM
iam pretty much convinced its all done manually by hand check. i dont think their results are electronically automated like you-bet.

WINMANWIN
06-29-2004, 10:35 PM
I was playing philly today and got burnt again. I was alive to some nice pick 3's with a late gate scratch in the last, only to get the POST TIME FAVORITE who I knew was gonna lose, Calder has it right like some other tracks, issuing CONSOLATION PICK 3'S
These slime tracks that give you the favorite in any leg that scratches are SIMPLY BEHIND THE TIMES..:mad: I cant say how many times I started pick 3's in the 1st leg, and had a late scratch
and got the favorite, In the 1st leg mind you, they dont refund your money, its the most insane rule, I ever heard of. If I bet the steed to WIN, I get the bet refunded.........SIMPLY UNREAL, How most tracks can be so backward:eek:

penguinfan
06-30-2004, 04:28 PM
When wagering with the off-shore guys be very careful when there is a dead heat involving one of your bets, have had several exacta boxes or a,b/a,b,c get paid on one winning combination, but not the other, always check your bets twice. It has always been made right, but I am sure that would not be the case if I let it go.

Penguinfan

TravisVOX
06-30-2004, 05:23 PM
Is this a reliable service?

I've heard that with these offshore services, who's to guarantee your get your money??

Has anyone sent away for a check to come back to them?

Would like to take up a service like this...but I'm nervous about it.

cj
07-01-2004, 03:02 AM
I've been with Pinnacle for two months, and have never had a single problem with getting money from them. I never keep more than $1000 there, so I've requested payment frequently.

pic6vic
07-03-2004, 09:26 AM
Pinnacle

In answer to your question on pick 3's.

PINNACLE has a different policy.

If a horse is scratched in any part of the pick 3, They will return that portion of the bet. Example

if you have a 5x4x2 for $40 and a horse is scratched from the 3rd leg, leaving 5x4x1 for $20 they will return $20.00 just check the details. I have been using for 9 months and I love there service. Never a problem. I always check every wager.