PDA

View Full Version : Wood Memorial

pele polo
04-06-2016, 09:14 PM
I was expecting Cherry Wine and Cards of Stone to end up here. Romans now throws all of his eggs in one basket and Pletcher has three in the Blue Grass.

Are connections dodging something at Aqueduct? I thought we'd get more than eight entries.

The Outwork/Matt King Coal/Shagaf Trio looks good to me.

EMD4ME
04-06-2016, 10:43 PM
I was expecting Cherry Wine and Cards of Stone to end up here. Romans now throws all of his eggs in one basket and Pletcher has three in the Blue Grass.

Are connections dodging something at Aqueduct? I thought we'd get more than eight entries.

The Outwork/Matt King Coal/Shagaf Trio looks good to me.

Didn't look at card yet but Matt King Coal, IMHO, needed his last race and can improve. That's scary.

Shagaf ran against a MONSTER rail and speed bias (from the 1/4 pole on as he was on the rail most of the way in the pocket) and showed professionalism. He was touted to me (and others) from his 1st start. Interesting and sexy contender to me.

Maybe they are avoiding the WOOD jinx? Plus weather will be around 42 degress in NYC this weekend. Maybe that's a factor? I don't know.

Tall One
04-07-2016, 09:20 AM
Eh...per the norm on opening weekend, weather isnt gonna be too great down here either..supposed to frost Saturday night..:jump:

edit--WM card seems to always be pretty solid. will more than likely have an opinion in Ozone, as opposed to 10 minutes from my house. Yes, that means I'm getting off the bench, and doin' a little cappin' this weekend. :ThmbUp:

jahura2
04-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Eh...per the norm on opening weekend, weather isnt gonna be too great down here either..supposed to frost Saturday night..:jump:

edit--WM card seems to always be pretty solid. will more than likely have an opinion in Ozone, as opposed to 10 minutes from my house. Yes, that means I'm getting off the bench, and doin' a little cappin' this weekend. :ThmbUp:

Right there with you TO. Despite the impending weather I took tomorrow off from UK and heading out for a cold opening day at Keeneland. Staying in and betting online for Saturday and Sunday cards.
Thanks for the trip advice on Shagaf EMD. There is a combined Pik 4 this Saturday with 2 races from Keeneland and 2 races fro AQU making up the wager.

boys at tosconova
04-07-2016, 11:37 AM
this looks like a good betting race.

can somebody provide some analysis

f2tornado
04-07-2016, 02:23 PM
There is not much for closers here so it looks like an Outwork and Matt King Coal merry go round. Those two are the early speed though it is possible Tale of S'avall could also go early. Shagaf should be sitting close behind followed by Adventist. It is possible Dalmore could close fast late but probably only passing tired horses at the end, perhaps adding a little oomph at the bottom of tri.

I'm thinking of doing a few dollar version of this tri :6: / :8: / :1: :7:
and a smaller one using both the :6: and :8: on top with the :1: in middle. Matt King Coal is a Buckpasser-x horse that has ideal pace figures for this race/field. I will let Shagaf beat me. I think he's peaked and is not blessed with solid late fractional times indicative of a horse that will win against tougher competition going longer.

boys at tosconova
04-07-2016, 02:59 PM
lol

for the most part the entire field looks like they'll be separated by 2L at the wire

Robert Fischer
04-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Didn't look at card yet but Matt King Coal, IMHO, needed his last race and can improve. That's scary.

Shagaf ran against a MONSTER rail and speed bias (from the 1/4 pole on as he was on the rail most of the way in the pocket) and showed professionalism. He was touted to me (and others) from his 1st start. Interesting and sexy contender to me.

Maybe they are avoiding the WOOD jinx? Plus weather will be around 42 degress in NYC this weekend. Maybe that's a factor? I don't know.

Thanks for mentioning that bias. That was worth a few lengths, and posed a real question regarding Shagaf, now that I remember.