PDA

View Full Version : i have a confession to make

lamboguy
04-06-2016, 07:01 PM
i have no idea what i am doing betting on Penn National date races. they have so many levels, i just can's figure them out and place in my head where the horses belong.

they have $4000 nw 1 in 6 months and a year,$5000 nw 1 in 6 months and a year, $6250 nw1 in a year, $10,000 nw1 in a year, $12000 nw1 in a year and $15000 nw1 in a year. they have horses traveling up and down those ladders and i just can't figure them out for the life of me.

i swear they are doing it just to make sure i don't bet it.

EMD4ME
04-06-2016, 07:50 PM
i have no idea what i am doing betting on Penn National date races. they have so many levels, i just can's figure them out and place in my head where the horses belong.

they have $4000 nw 1 in 6 months and a year,$5000 nw 1 in 6 months and a year, $6250 nw1 in a year, $10,000 nw1 in a year, $12000 nw1 in a year and $15000 nw1 in a year. they have horses traveling up and down those ladders and i just can't figure them out for the life of me.

i swear they are doing it just to make sure i don't bet it.

Don't bother. The chalk wins too often and then when you bank on the chalk, the juice beats you.

Used to bet Penn religously, now only a token wager when I'm stuck at the BIG A because my dad doesn't want to go home yet.

zerosky
04-07-2016, 07:34 AM
It's a problem alright in the condition books they sometimes have an index which includes the class ladder
this link is to Penn click on the Condition Book Index.

http://www.hollywoodpnrc.com/Racing/Horseman%20Info

lamboguy
04-07-2016, 07:47 AM
It's a problem alright in the condition books they sometimes have an index which includes the class ladder

http://www.hollywoodpnrc.com/Racing/Horseman%20Infothanks, i am glad someone else sees the same problem i have with them. Penn National is a great place to play other than their condition book.

for years i have loved the way Mountaineer writes their races. the racing office in that place is dynamite. but they have now cut way back and its not the same thing. Mahoning has been real good as well with large field sizes this time of year. they are closing pretty soon as well for the season.

Dr Gonzo
04-07-2016, 10:21 AM
I miss the good old days at Penn. It used to be that a $2500 claimer might be for Non-Winners of 2 Lifetime, Non-Winners of 3 Lifetime, Non-Winners of 1 in 6 months, Non-Winners of 2 in 6 months, Non-Winners of 1 in 1 Year, Open Competition etc. but the great part was that the DRF never showed the conditions of the previous races, they all showed up as a $2500 claimer.

By keeping a condition notebook, you could make more money than a crooked congressman.

Ah........the good old days.

Doc

GatetoWire
04-07-2016, 11:42 AM
thanks, i am glad someone else sees the same problem i have with them. Penn National is a great place to play other than their condition book.

for years i have loved the way Mountaineer writes their races. the racing office in that place is dynamite. but they have now cut way back and its not the same thing. Mahoning has been real good as well with large field sizes this time of year. they are closing pretty soon as well for the season.

I couldn't help but smile when Lambo said "Penn National is a great place to play"
So great that the FBI has set up a permanent office on the grounds!!!

ultracapper
04-07-2016, 07:06 PM
I miss the good old days at Penn. It used to be that a $2500 claimer might be for Non-Winners of 2 Lifetime, Non-Winners of 3 Lifetime, Non-Winners of 1 in 6 months, Non-Winners of 2 in 6 months, Non-Winners of 1 in 1 Year, Open Competition etc. but the great part was that the DRF never showed the conditions of the previous races, they all showed up as a $2500 claimer.

By keeping a condition notebook, you could make more money than a crooked congressman.

Doc

Back in the 80's DRF never gave you the complete conditions for claimers at LGA. I remember when they started notating the N2L in the PPs. I remember my father in law explaining it to me, and wishing I'd had some kind of recognition before they were noted.

My FIL was a hell of a horse player. Came over from Ireland in '57 with the typical love of horses, whiskey and gambling that so many from there have. He was a sharpie at the track. Wish I would have listened closer more often than I did.

EMD4ME
04-07-2016, 07:51 PM

Doc

HOLY CRAP, good ol memories. You are 100000% right....

EMD4ME
04-07-2016, 07:52 PM
I couldn't help but smile when Lambo said "Penn National is a great place to play"
So great that the FBI has set up a permanent office on the grounds!!!

Minor irrelevant details.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

cj
04-07-2016, 07:56 PM
HOLY CRAP, good ol memories. You are 100000% right....

It was listed that way, but anybody worth his salt had the charts handy for those cases where it wasn't obvious :)

EMD4ME
04-07-2016, 07:58 PM
It was listed that way, but anybody worth his salt had the charts handy for those cases where it wasn't obvious :)

I was the guy people made fun of at PENN because he carried with him, in a backpack, 2-3 YEARS worth of result charts clipped out of the DRF almost daily for PENN.

Loved the Uninformation age or whatever we can call it.

On a different note, back in 2003 I asked Fred or someone there, where their replay center is....

I got a stare like I had just asked for chinese food at the hot dog stand :lol:

PIC6SIX
04-07-2016, 08:13 PM
You are going back many years when Form did not have conditions for cheap claimers. You must be one of the ancient ones on this board. Good luck.

cj
04-07-2016, 08:28 PM
I was the guy people made fun of at PENN because he carried with him, in a backpack, 2-3 YEARS worth of result charts clipped out of the DRF almost daily for PENN.

Loved the Uninformation age or whatever we can call it.

On a different note, back in 2003 I asked Fred or someone there, where their replay center is....

I got a stare like I had just asked for chinese food at the hot dog stand :lol:

I used to get in trouble during dorm inspections by the first sergeant for having too many "newspapers" in my room...until he went to the track with me once.

EMD4ME
04-07-2016, 09:45 PM
I used to get in trouble during dorm inspections by the first sergeant for having too many "newspapers" in my room...until he went to the track with me once.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Now that's a subtle but GOOD story!

You were a fire hazard till you put the horse fire in his pocket :ThmbUp:

Kash$
04-07-2016, 10:09 PM
CJ did you really put your daughters thru college betting the ponies? (Wide fast fractions discussion)

mountainman
04-08-2016, 01:29 AM

http://www.hollywoodpnrc.com/Racing/Horseman%20Info

No offense, sir, but that's not the purpose of an index-nor will the index clarify much (except within compartmentalized parameters) when taken as a class ladder. And it can be outright deceptive. Likewise concerning purse structure.

zerosky
04-08-2016, 01:59 AM
No offence taken mountainman, I agree with what you said but it does help untangle all those confounded conditions.
It's rather like a golfer throwing grass up in the air it won't give him a complete weather forecast but it will give a rough idea of which way the wind is blowing.