PDA

View Full Version : Louisville Restaurants

parlay
04-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Heading down for the Derby. Please recommend the "not to miss" CULINARY EXPERIENCES. This does not mean EXPENSIVE. We appreciate a great meal and have no idea what to look for. Thanks in advance.

jahura2
04-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Heading down for the Derby. Please recommend the "not to miss" CULINARY EXPERIENCES. This does not mean EXPENSIVE. We appreciate a great meal and have no idea what to look for. Thanks in advance.

On the not too expensive side , all not too far away from the track. All family owned. Beer, Pizza cant ask for much better than these 3.

Wicks Pizza 975 Baxter Ave Louisville KY 40204 (Dont Miss)
Impellizari Pizza 110 W Main St Louisville KY
Bearnos Pizza
131 W Main St Louisville KY 40202

HorsemenHeist
04-05-2016, 08:35 AM
I'm making my first trip to the Derby this year... From what I understand, Wagner's Pharmacy is a must visit, across the street from Churchill Downs. Looks like a terrific breakfast and the place is full of horse racing memorabilia, and even sells horse linament.

TravisVOX
04-05-2016, 09:36 AM
I'm making my first trip to the Derby this year... From what I understand, Wagner's Pharmacy is a must visit, across the street from Churchill Downs. Looks like a terrific breakfast and the place is full of horse racing memorabilia, and even sells horse linament.

Just an FYI -- They and almost every restaurant in town creates a shortened/limited menu for Derby. One of the best parts about Louisville is the food. It's a fantastic town for good eats.