PDA

View Full Version : Youbet does it again...

sq764
06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
More trouble with Youbet.. Now getting 'Invalid pin and login info' when trying to wager.

Called them, after 10 minutes on hold they tell me they are having some difficulties..

I think this is the last straw with them for me. Totally incompetent.

penguinfan
06-28-2004, 07:43 PM
I feel your pain, this is getting a bit much with this crowd.

Buckeye
06-28-2004, 07:57 PM
Pinnacle
or
eHorse

sq764
06-28-2004, 08:46 PM
I have been using TSNBET and they are pretty decent.. (The $100 bonus is nice too)..

I am considering moving to Pinnacle, as the 7% rebate is a nice incentive.

trying2win
06-28-2004, 09:57 PM
Although the rebate offered at Pinnacle is higher than that of EHorse, aren't there other things to consider such as?:

--If your internet service at home is on the blink, or the EHorse website is not functioning for one reason or another, you can always phone in your bets toll-free. That's without having some predetermind minimum dollar amount on your phone bets, like they do at some offshore books. Don't they have a minimum dollar amount at Pinnacle for phone bets?

--At EHorse, you earn cash rebates whether you bet online, or via the toll-free phone method. Don't some offshore books limit cash rebates to online bets only? What's the policy at Pinnacle for that?

--I've read that the betting interface at Pinnacle is cumbersome. I wonder if that's a big problem with most members there?

--I've made a mistake the odd time when sending in my bets to EHorse in the past. The very few times I've asked them to cancel a bet, they did so without any argument. I appreciated that. I guess it's not like that at Pinnacle. Don't you have to confirm your bet, press a send button, and that's it? If you find you've made a mistake after sending in a bet at Pinnacle, I believe you're out-of-luck if you're thinking of trying to cancel a bet.

--To sum up, I think it's wise to read all the FAQ'S at an offshore book before being lured into signing up only because of the 7% cash rebate.

--Also, how does one find out about the financial stabilty of any offshore racebook? How safe is your money in those places? Do you look at how many years they've been in business? What their reputation is among fellow bettors? What other methods should one be investigating before one is tempted to open up an account at an offshore book?

--Even though I like using EHorse, I don't like leaving too much money in my account there. I'm assuming EHorse is sound financially, but I'm just being cautious that's all.

T2W

raybo
06-29-2004, 06:26 PM
I haven't used EHorse because they don't offer superfecta wagering and that's all I play, whereas, Pinnacle does and offers very decent maximum payoffs. Many offshore sites either do not offer supers or have such a low maximum payout that they take the advantage out of playing the exotic.

I have an account at YouBet and Brisbet both. I use Brisbet for all tracks other than the Magna tracks, in which case, I use Pinnacle. YouBet is mainly a backup in case Brisbet is down. Pinnacle's interface for exotics is really better than BrisBet's. YouBet's is/was the best, although I haven't used them for quite awhile now. They really broke the ground for online wagering for thoroughbreds and have always had a pretty slick operation although they do have problems from time to time. I'm sure they will solve the problem they currently have, eventually.