PDA

View Full Version : PA Saratoga 2016 gathering

Capper Al
04-01-2016, 07:16 AM
Is there going to be a PA gathering this year at the Spa? If so, count me in maybe Mostpost also. I'm trying to talk him into coming along with me.

Capper Al
04-02-2016, 08:02 AM
You guys are as serious as a heart attack. The silence was deafening.

April fools!

highnote
04-04-2016, 02:22 PM
I just saw this new topic. Made me laugh. :D

But seriously, everyone would probably get along well -- as long as political discussion was avoided.

Capper Al
04-04-2016, 02:43 PM
I just saw this new topic. Made me laugh. :D

But seriously, everyone would probably get along well -- as long as political discussion was avoided.

Funny, I thought Mostpost would have helped these guys out. The horse action would be fun for sure.

Rookies
04-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Funny, I thought Mostpost would have helped these guys out. The horse action would be fun for sure.

Well, horses... and heading to the Spa, are supposedly critical purposes for this place. :rolleyes:

betovernetcapper
04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Boycotting NY & Ca as they will not honor my CCW cards, not to mention the 2nd amendment.

Capper Al
04-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Well, horses... and heading to the Spa, are supposedly critical purposes for this place. :rolleyes:

That's the good side of PA, horse racing. There's a dark side too.

Capper Al
04-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Boycotting NY & Ca as they will not honor my CCW cards, not to mention the 2nd amendment.

I guess you're not going. Too bad. I'd like to meet you.

Rookies
04-04-2016, 09:05 PM

:rolleyes:

A lot of dark, hardline, bat shite crazy folks can be found here ;)

Tom
04-04-2016, 09:22 PM
For sure.

We even IMPORTED a few for balance! ;)

Rookies
04-04-2016, 09:33 PM
For sure.

We even IMPORTED a few for balance! ;)

Not contesting.

A 'Fair & Balanced' site, Tommy...

as long as you don't bring a knife to a gun fight! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2016, 12:42 PM
That's the good side of PA, horse racing. There's a dark side too.Only if your mind is closed tightly shut.

Capper Al
04-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Only if your mind is closed tightly shut.

Last I heard was pace makes the race, not the politics or religion.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2016, 03:09 PM
Yet here you are again, for some reason.

Tom
04-05-2016, 03:16 PM
....and in OFF Topics to boot! :bang:

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2016, 03:17 PM
Last I heard was pace makes the race, not the politics or religion.That's why horse racing is separated on here, and never the twain shall meet.

You can't even have politically motivated avatars or signatures in the horse racing section. And you certainly can't post about politics or religion in horse racing (unless the politics is directly affecting racing).

So I'm not quite sure why you have a problem.

Don't like politics? Don't like off-topic? Don't click on it.

Problem solved.

Thank me very much.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2016, 03:22 PM
Amazing that he can still get replies in this forum, even more amazing that even I play into it. How many times can he say the same thing and get the same replies over and over? Is it just some sort of act? Just a total lack of self-control that he cannot refrain from this redundant stupidity he considers a crusade? I really don't get it, but I think at least I'd have some measurable amount of respect if he was just a most convincing troll and not some childish whiner that refuses to live and let live and just enjoy that parts that he enjoys.

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2016, 03:24 PM
You're a Nazi fascist

Capper Al
04-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Yet here you are again, for some reason.

This was a pretty good April Fools thread. Now I see that the troops were called in. Who's trespassing here? Not the troops, of course not. :lol:

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2016, 03:33 PM
JHS, Al's head is impenetrable. Stop wasting time

PaceAdvantage
04-05-2016, 03:34 PM
And BTW, Al was banned from Off-Topic...and begged me to let him back on.

For what, I don't know.

That's the real kicker.

Maybe he is simply a troll...he kind of trolls horse racing too now that I think about it...

Capper Al
04-05-2016, 03:38 PM
And BTW, Al was banned from Off-Topic...and begged me to let him back on.

For what, I don't know.

That's the real kicker.

Maybe he is simply a troll...he kind of trolls horse racing too now that I think about it...

Pretty much stay out of off-topic. This is an exception because of the April Fools joke.

johnhannibalsmith
04-05-2016, 04:08 PM
This was a pretty good April Fools thread. Now I see that the troops were called in. Who's trespassing here? Not the troops, of course not. :lol:

Get the **** out with your gibberish. Your really funny joke thread got almost no attention and four days later you fall back on your "That's the good side of PA, horse racing. There's a dark side too." endless whine because nobody takes anything you say in this forum seriously because this is pretty much the extent of what you have to say.

Capper Al
04-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Get the **** out with your gibberish. Your really funny joke thread got almost no attention and four days later you fall back on your "That's the good side of PA, horse racing. There's a dark side too." endless whine because nobody takes anything you say in this forum seriously because this is pretty much the extent of what you have to say.

You're whining pretty good yourself.

mostpost
04-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Truth be told, I did not realize it was an April Fools joke. Which is a problem with trying something like that in a place like this. I mean in a forum where there is a time lag between presentation and response. You just don't know how it is going over.

MutuelClerk
04-05-2016, 07:01 PM
Maybe we should have Feb 29th every year and Aprils Fools Day once every four years.

mostpost
04-05-2016, 07:06 PM
I read this and took it in a humorous vein. Unfortunately there are those who seem to lack a sense of humor about such things. Two of those folks seem intent on making your little molehill into a large mountain. Suggest you refrain from responding as it will undoubtedly be misinterpreted.

Clocker
04-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Amazing that he can still get replies in this forum, even more amazing that even I play into it.

I bet you can't leave a sore tooth alone without poking it from time to time either, can you? :p

mostpost
04-05-2016, 07:43 PM
I guess we agree that Capper Al's April Fools Joke was not the best conceived of all time. But, was it the worst? I would like to present the following as the worst conceived April Fools joke of all time.

As many of you know, I worked for the United States Postal Service. My workweek extended from Monday through Friday. I had Saturday and Sunday off.

So, I was in bed, peacefully sleeping on an early Saturday morning many years ago, when my phone rang. It was my supervisor at the Post Office calling to ask if I could come in on my day off. One of the other clerks, John, had called in sick. I had no plans for the day, and it was overtime, so I said yes.

About an hour later, I walked into the office. The first person I saw was John. I looked over at my supervisor, who was shaking his head. He pointed at John and said, "He walked in five minutes ago yelling, 'April Fool.'"

Here is the problem. Saturday was John's scheduled day to work. They could not send him home. According to the contract, as a full time employee, if I am called in on my day off, I am entitled to eight hours of work and eight hours of pay. Being that it was a Saturday, there was probably not quite enough work for one person, let alone two.

For some reason, it had never occurred to John that when he called in, they would call some one in to replace him.

My supervisor explained, as I knew that I was entitled to stay, even though they had no work for me and I would be paid the full eight hours. I told him that it did not seem fair that they should have to pay me to do nothing. I told him that I would stay one hour to recoup the cost of my time and travel, then leave.

As it turned our, a job came in and I ended up staying two hours.

What happened to John. I think he got a reprimand. He was a bit of a flake, but had a good record otherwise.

Capper Al
04-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Truth be told, I did not realize it was an April Fools joke. Which is a problem with trying something like that in a place like this. I mean in a forum where there is a time lag between presentation and response. You just don't know how it is going over.

You're probably right about the joke.

CincyHorseplayer
04-05-2016, 08:28 PM
Al's a great guy in real life. My 2 cents.

mostpost
04-05-2016, 11:26 PM
Al's a great guy in real life. My 2 cents.
Having spent time with him at a couple of Arlington Park gatherings, I would have to agree.

I would also say that the same is probably true of most who post here. You really don't get a good sense of a person here.

CincyHorseplayer
04-06-2016, 12:28 AM
Having spent time with him at a couple of Arlington Park gatherings, I would have to agree.

I would also say that the same is probably true of most who post here. You really don't get a good sense of a person here.

I never see you say anything relevant on the horse racing side of the equation. For a person so succinctly defining the worth of a poster what do you exactly have to bring to the table?Other than off topic you might be the biggest Kardashian!