PDA

View Full Version : GP vet doesn't cooperate. Fined $250.

Grits
03-30-2016, 04:10 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/gulfstream-track-vet-marquis-fined-failure-cooperate-state-investigators/

Give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:

Dr. Patricia Marquis, the attending track veterinarian for Gulfstream Park, has been fined $250 for failure to fully cooperate with investigative staff employed by the Department of Business & Professional Regulation, Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering. The staff members were routinely investigating the deaths of Thoroughbreds injured while racing at the South Florida track in 2014 and 2015.

Stoleitbreezing
03-30-2016, 04:39 PM
I can't say this surprises me anymore. Just another reason why the posters on here who suspect nefarious activity are probably justified in their reasoning. :bang:

The $250 dollar fine and no suspension makes it even more ridiculous.

whodoyoulike
03-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Dr. Marquis s/b replaced. I would consider this an attempt to cover up an incident which shouldn't be acceptable in any business. It's not like the request was from just anyone e.g., an SRU type etc.

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Dr. Marquis s/b replaced. I would consider this an attempt to cover up an incident which shouldn't be acceptable in any business. It's not like the request was from just anyone e.g., a NON-SRU type etc.

We all make mistakes, don't worry, I fixed that for you.

Kash$
03-30-2016, 06:59 PM
We all make mistakes, don't worry, I fixed that for you.

$250 Navarro pays vets little bit more..

By the way check out Defer Heaven in the 10 Saturday after JN claimed for

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 07:00 PM
I can't say this surprises me anymore. Just another reason why the posters on here who suspect nefarious activity are probably justified in their reasoning. :bang:

The $250 dollar fine and no suspension makes it even more ridiculous.

Probably???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 07:04 PM
$250 Navarro pays vets little bit more..

By the way check out Defer Heaven in the 10 Saturday after JN claimed for

WOW. Horse runs through his 5 year old season. Has a career best 77 Beyer on a fast track through 24 races, then rattles off a 90, 95, 99 and 95 BSF.

If you ask Navarro, it's not the vet, he'll say the horse is 5 for 5 at GP and just adores the circumference of the racetrack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kash$
03-30-2016, 07:06 PM
WOW. Horse runs through his 5 year old season. Has a career best 77 Beyer on a fast track through 24 races, then rattles off a 90, 95, 99 and 95 BSF.

If you ask Navarro, it's not the vet, he'll say the horse is 5 for 5 at GP and just adores the circumference of the racetrack :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop hes a late bloomer :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 07:08 PM
Stop hes a late bloomer :lol: :lol:

No, YOU STOP!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The horse's favorite number is 6, so when we gave him his birthday party for his 6th birthday, he promised us he will win EVERY race this year !!!!

AlBundy33
03-30-2016, 07:13 PM
Terrible. The fine number is missing at least one zero (if not two) and her license should be suspended, if not revoked.

Between this and the USBC (another organization that is rapidly going down the drain), no wonder why I've been in a sour mood lately. :rolleyes: :mad:

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 07:16 PM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/gulfstream-track-vet-marquis-fined-failure-cooperate-state-investigators/

Give me a freaking break. :rolleyes:

She was intent on covering something up. You can tell by her sending officials away with an excuse the 1st time and then STILL saying no the 2nd time.

She should be banned for life from the industry for behavior like this. Forget a fine.

I see no sellfless reason why a vet, who should have the animal's best interest at heart, would interfere with an investigation to determine cause with a poor animal's demise.

shots
03-30-2016, 07:57 PM
She knows too much, that's why .