PDA

View Full Version : inner dirt at the Big A

lamboguy
03-30-2016, 03:35 AM
i think it officially closed. this year the racing office is promising 2 year old races with $100,000 purses in April. in the past i think the 4 1/2 furlong races were on the inner. if they do run the 4 1/2 distance on the regular track the race would start a few feet before the turn. or are they going to use the inner just for those 4 1/2 maiden races?

you have to applaud the racing secretary for coming up with the $100,000 purses. its a good way to get the new season underway. now trainers will know that races will go and they can start sending some of their better horses to race by May. the last thing any trainer wants is to have a 2 year old ready to run and no race to run them in and watch them injure themselves in the stall.

parlay
03-30-2016, 06:31 AM
i think it officially closed. this year the racing office is promising 2 year old races with $100,000 purses in April. in the past i think the 4 1/2 furlong races were on the inner. if they do run the 4 1/2 distance on the regular track the race would start a few feet before the turn. or are they going to use the inner just for those 4 1/2 maiden races?

you have to applaud the racing secretary for coming up with the $100,000 purses. its a good way to get the new season underway. now trainers will know that races will go and they can start sending some of their better horses to race by May. the last thing any trainer wants is to have a 2 year old ready to run and no race to run them in and watch them injure themselves in the stall.

Lambo, not sure if your remarks are facetious. Please clarify. I am also interested as to why a horse would be prone to injury in its stall. My questions are not sarcasm

lamboguy
03-30-2016, 07:42 AM
horses are always full of energy. when you are dealing with babies, they want to go to the track and do different things, otherwise they can become bored.

when they go back to their stall they can do a number of things like start kicking the walls, sometimes they stick their head out and get caught in the webbing trying to lunge. they also tie up when they don't do enough outside the stall. walking around the shed row isn't enough for most of them.

as far as babies go, even when it pours and most horses don't go to the track, you almost have to take them out otherwise you could wind up with big problems.

davew
03-30-2016, 07:53 AM
Lambo, not sure if your remarks are facetious. Please clarify. I am also interested as to why a horse would be prone to injury in its stall. My questions are not sarcasm

Think of it like this-> They are stuck in a jail cell and want to be on a big pasture.

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 08:44 AM

In the past, when running on the Main Track, they do utlize the inner just for the 2 year old race to allow for more lead time till the far turn.

Prytanis
03-30-2016, 09:35 AM
In the past, when running on the Main Track, they do utlize the inner just for the 2 year old race to allow for more lead time till the far turn.
When did they do that?
I've never seen it.

NTamm1215
03-30-2016, 09:49 AM
It's been a while since they used the inner for 2YO races while on the main, but it has been done.

Prytanis
03-30-2016, 10:02 AM
It's been a while since they used the inner for 2YO races while on the main, but it has been done.
OK, thanks!

1st time lasix
03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Far too early to run two year olds. They need to grow and develop into their hides. The money should be held back to later in the season. An accomplished trainer told me once...."if you push 'em...they make you wait"

EMD4ME
03-30-2016, 10:21 AM
When did they do that?
I've never seen it.

I stand corrected on recent runnings of 2 year old races at AQU. My apologies.

Last year they ran the 1st 2 Year old race on the main track on April 23rd at 4 1/2 F.

I do remember 4 1/2 F races on the inner when they were running on the MAIN.

I tried to find W Ward's runners via formulator (to find one) but couldn't find a live starter for Wesley (I need a live entry to check his prior runners).

When I find it, I will post.

cj
03-30-2016, 01:05 PM
I do remember 4 1/2 F races on the inner when they were running on the MAIN.

This is true, was impossible to make speed figures for those races.