PDA

View Full Version : Calibration Handicapping the next level

Racey
03-30-2016, 12:02 AM
wondering is this still available....heard some good things worth it for $ 49?

Vinnie
03-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Outstanding Handicapper and fine gentleman is Jim Lehane. Also, the book is a very good read. It yielded some ideas that I personally would have never considered prior to reading the book that I now consider in my daily handicapping regimen. :)

Racey
03-30-2016, 09:53 PM
Has anyone used this fraction with success at 6F sprints. Was wondering along with turn time would be a good angle . The red scan sounds interesting as well.

Jingle
03-31-2016, 08:49 AM
Agree with Vinnie.

Ted Craven
03-31-2016, 02:38 PM
Has anyone used this fraction with success at 6F sprints. Was wondering along with turn time would be a good angle . The red scan sounds interesting as well.

Jim Lehane gave me permission to incorporate some of his 'moves' observations into RDSS, including the 'red scan'. We only use the full segment following the 4f call in 6f races (aka Fraction 3), so, no 'golden' 8th mile segment used.

Ted

shoelessjoe
04-03-2016, 11:55 AM
The book is one of the best

Racey
04-03-2016, 05:01 PM
I appreciate the info

NorCalGreg
04-03-2016, 07:14 PM
Anyone with a used copy of Calibration Handicapping--they'd like to trade? One hardcover like-new book I have as "bait" is "Horse Racing Logic" by Glendon Jones.

This book in this condition is evidently rare--I see it right now online for up to almost $200. (of course I see it for less, also)

I'll list other books I have to trade, upon request.

-NCG

Racey
04-03-2016, 09:32 PM
I see you are a top capper on the board what did you hear about the book that has peaked your interest. I mean it must be good if it has drew your interest ?...Also have you any use for DRF (Peck) and PACE ACE?...I have seen a nice pickup going against the flow bias

NorCalGreg
04-04-2016, 04:58 AM
I see you are a top capper on the board what did you hear about the book that has peaked your interest. I mean it must be good if it has drew your interest ?...Also have you any use for DRF (Peck) and PACE ACE?...I have seen a nice pickup going against the flow bias

I happened to see his website and the ad for the book---it really looked like just another guy trying to sell his handicapping "secrets".

Then you mentioned it earlier--and was surprised at the response--all positive.

So I did a search on this very forum, and found this book has been mentioned previously--with even BETTER reviews. I didn't really want to pay the $50 for it, though--so found someone to trade with.

That "PACE ACE" if I remember correctly--is some RPM junk--beware of anything they sell. :ThmbDown:

*BTW....the Glendon Jones book has already been spoken for--thanks for inquiring, P.A. members

-NCG

PaceAdvantage
04-04-2016, 04:24 PM
That "PACE ACE" if I remember correctly--is some RPM junk--beware of anything they sell. :ThmbDown: No, I don't think you are correct here.

cj
04-04-2016, 05:09 PM
No, I don't think you are correct here.

Definitely not, it is a new DRF feature.

Racey
04-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes the new feature from the mind of longtime DRF capper Kenny Peck. A longtime against the bias / flow player now shows the readers how race flow can impact the outcome. I have picked a few nice ones going against the flow rewarding speed flash and holding in a H race. as well as rewarding a strong closing move on a S race........seems like a handy feature. :cool:

dansan
04-04-2016, 09:53 PM
I've hit some nice bombs using Jim"s book

daydreamer
04-10-2016, 02:17 PM
Can you use bris Lp in getting the final fraction instead of using Jim Lahanr method or would Scott method work(Investing at the racetrack)?

shoelessjoe
04-10-2016, 03:46 PM
As one person already mentioned Jim Lehane is one the nicest guys around

horseplayer
04-14-2016, 04:32 PM
A few yrs. ago at the center where I sometimes go to play a gentleman not far from me was bent over and handicapping -- I passed by and noticed this book and asked if I could look at it - I quickly thumbed thru it and became interested at one example in the book where the author was handicapping a Belmont Park race and using fractional computations from some of the entrants in the race that had raced at Aqueduct . There was no fractional adjustments for any track differences. I further thumbed thru the book and saw a lot of fractional times charts or what the author used as "pars" but again there was no inter track adjustments. I asked the owner how he liked the book and he said it was ok but I did not bring up the subject of inter-track time adjustments.

I am not knocking the book because I don't have it but from all what I have read on handicapping you should make time adjustments for different tracks when comparing final times and this should hold for fractions 1/2 mile, 1/4 mile ,last final 1/4 etc if in fact you use this for handicapping.

The author did in fact show some big pay offs using his fractional computational methods .

Perhaps computing internal fractions on races you don't have to make track adjustments and you may hit some big pay offs.