PDA

View Full Version : Mo Tom

PowerUpPaynter
03-29-2016, 03:43 PM
This poor horse and his bad trips. Man...

He is full of run at the 2:37 mark, he looks like he is about to blast off before he gets stopped by Candy My Boy ( https://youtu.be/bRFbsiFD9W4?t=2m27s )

I think he has a chance to close in the Derby. Anyone know about his dosage or pedigree?

f2tornado
03-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Nasrullah sire line not through Bold Ruler has not been very good in Derby. Average winning distance of Uncle Mo horses is around 7.6F. Uninspiring. Dosage Index of 1.55 is well below recent average of 3.00 to 3.50. Lower generally suggests distance, higher more sprint. Mo Tom figure acceptable. 14 dosage points is short of recent average. I didn't see much in the way of "large heart" horses on female side. It's entirely possible this horse is having stretch troubles due to tiring out. If it wasn't for Louisiana horses overachieving in Crown races in recent years I'd throw out entirely.

SecretAgentMan
03-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Mo Tom will receive a lot of hype going into the derby & on derby day. Watch the commentators keep repeating the excuses of his races, bettors will get sucked in. A troubled finding horse is a troubled finding horse, no way around it .

Even if he gets another jockey, he will find trouble again in a 20 horse field.

f2tornado
03-29-2016, 05:52 PM
Mo Tom will receive a lot of hype going into the derby & on derby day. Watch the commentators keep repeating the excuses of his races, bettors will get sucked in. A troubled finding horse is a troubled finding horse, no way around it .

This. Plus even if he and Gun Runner switched places in the Louisiana Derby, the final time was very underwhelming. Seems like the type that might pass some tired horses in the Churchill stretch and finish 10th. I'd take my chances on the other Tom. He's "Ready". Same old Dallas Stewart conduit mare (Cherokee Rose) angle that has blown up the exotics.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Nasrullah sire line not through Bold Ruler has not been very good in Derby. Average winning distance of Uncle Mo horses is around 7.6F. Uninspiring. Dosage Index of 1.55 is well below recent average of 3.00 to 3.50. Lower generally suggests distance, higher more sprint. Mo Tom figure acceptable. 14 dosage points is short of recent average. I didn't see much in the way of "large heart" horses on female side. It's entirely possible this horse is having stretch troubles due to tiring out. If it wasn't for Louisiana horses overachieving in Crown races in recent years I'd throw out entirely.

Mo Tom isn't tiring out.

In his last two Derby Prep races that he has ran into trouble, he has re-rallied to finish stronger than anybody else in the race. While that might not be saying much against the competition, I do believe it is a strong statement that this colt will get 10F.

I know his pedigree suggests a limit at 9F or less, but this horse is begging for more.

The big question for this one, is will he get a decent enough pace in front of him for those with first run in the Derby, that he could possibly "get things right" rallying from behind to be any part of anything. In the end, I think he'll be overbet at 16/1 or so on Derby Day when he should be 30/1.

PowerUpPaynter
03-29-2016, 06:53 PM

after all the trouble inside you better believe whoever is riding him will have strict orders to go WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE. Might as well keep the same jockey on him he will be scared as shit to duck inside and get stuck again

PowerUpPaynter
03-29-2016, 06:55 PM
This. Plus even if he and Gun Runner switched places in the Louisiana Derby, the final time was very underwhelming. Seems like the type that might pass some tired horses in the Churchill stretch and finish 10th. I'd take my chances on the other Tom. He's "Ready". Same old Dallas Stewart conduit mare (Cherokee Rose) angle that has blown up the exotics.

Toms Ready and Mo Tom... any relation with the TOM or just coincidence?

SecretAgentMan
03-29-2016, 06:57 PM
after all the trouble inside you better believe whoever is riding him will have strict orders to go WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE. Might as well keep the same jockey on him he will be scared as shit to duck inside and get stuck again

Good luck betting him.in the KD to win. I won't even put him in the exacta or triple, maybe in the super for 4th place.

PowerUpPaynter
03-29-2016, 06:58 PM
Mo Tom isn't tiring out.

In his last two Derby Prep races that he has ran into trouble, he has re-rallied to finish stronger than anybody else in the race. While that might not be saying much against the competition, I do believe it is a strong statement that this colt will get 10F.

I know his pedigree suggests a limit at 9F or less, but this horse is begging for more.

The big question for this one, is will he get a decent enough pace in front of him for those with first run in the Derby, that he could possibly "get things right" rallying from behind to be any part of anything. In the end, I think he'll be overbet at 16/1 or so on Derby Day when he should be 30/1.

definitely will be over bet, but at the same time I wont leave him off the tail end of exotics becuase of that

PhantomOnTour
03-29-2016, 09:13 PM
Dollar Bill all over again?
Horse got bet every time and never got there.