PDA

View Full Version : Why are we being told we MUST see this film?

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2004, 02:50 AM
Why do all the celebrities tell us we have to go see this film? Why does Sec and LJB post here and say that whatever you believe, you have to go see this film. This film is a "MUST SEE"

I have NOT seen the film yet. I PLAN on seeing it, when it comes to cable. (Heck, I did the pay per view thing for Bowling for Columbine, so I will do the same for F 9/11....I'm sure the ever-conscientious Mr. Moore will rush this thing to cable when its theatrical release is over, so that EVERYONE can see it...I know how much he cares about us)

Anyway, why MUST I go see this film? Why is everyone telling me what I MUST DO? I've read the reviews. I've read good reviews, and I've read not so hot reviews. In almost EVERY review I read, the reviewer is forced to admit that there ISN'T ANYTHING NEW OR REVEALING contained in this movie. More than a few times, I've read where the reviewer is forced to admit that anyone who is more than a little conscious about current events will know everything that is contained in this movie.

They will know about the bin Laden flights. They will know about the prison abuse. They will know about House of Bush, House of Saud They will know about Bush reading to children while planes slammed into the WTC. They will know that not too many affluent people join the armed forces these days. Etc., etc.

So I ask, why MUST I go see this film, as everyone in the media is demanding that I do.

Truth is, people like me don't need to see this film. We know what it's all about. In fact, Michael Moore doesn't care if I go see this film. He wants people like this buddy of mine at work (I'll call him Steve) to go see this film. My buddy Steve, he's pretty apathetic about everything. He went to go see the film the other night.

He called me over on Saturday (yes, I work Saturdays) to tell me that I have to go see this film. He told me what an eye opener it was for him....how Bush just sat there on 9/11 and did nothing. He told me about all the connections Bush had to bin Laden. He told me how this whole thing in Iraq is only about oil. I nodded and smiled, knowing full well what he was going to tell me even before he opened his mouth.

You see, Michael Moore and his followers DESPERATELY want people like STEVE to go see this film. They know his mind will be easily molded and shaped into whatever form they want.

Sadly, there are many, many Steves in this world. And sadly, there are those in powerful positions who fully admit that their sole agenda is "regime change."

Yes, the founding fathers would be crying buckets right about now. But not for the reasons Michael Moore would have you believe.

kingfin66
06-28-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

So I ask, why MUST I go see this film, as everyone in the media is demanding that I do.

Answer: For the same reason that everybody MUST go to a new Krispy Kreme when it opens - HYPE. Everybody wants to get the small, overpriced, fat-saturated donuts because they've heard how SPECIAL they are. So they line up and wait their turns to pay $12.99/dozen for the HYPED up, but very mediocre donuts.

I really don't get into political battles/debates with people on this board, or anywhere for that matter. I have to say, however, that to me, the people (left) who eat this movie and it's content up are the the equivalent of the people (right) who give Rush his Mega-dittos. As for me, I can do without any of it.

The movie I HAD to see was Shrek 2. Why did I have to see it, because my it was IMPORTANT to my 4 year old twins. Now that is a MUST SEE!

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by kingfin66
The movie I HAD to see was Shrek 2. Why did I have to see it, because my it was IMPORTANT to my 4 year old twins. Now that is a MUST SEE!

That's probably one of the best reasons to see any movie...LOL

hcap
06-28-2004, 06:13 AM
Because it has received critical aclaim. So whether or not you agree with Moore, it is worth seeing. Besides according to most of the bush lemmings on this board, the preznit has nothing to worry about come november, so go and have a good laugh.

"One Group That's Not Polarized: 9 out of 10 Film Reviewers for Daily Papers Back 'Fahrenheit'"

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000553027

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2004, 09:11 AM
Lots of movies receive critical acclaim, but I don't remember celebrities and the like imploring me to go see the movie. There must be something different about this one, no?

Secretariat
06-28-2004, 11:41 AM
You don't have to go see the film. People who have seen it are simply expressing their desire to share it with others because of its impact on them. Don't see the film if you really don't want to.

ljb
06-28-2004, 12:00 PM
From PA
Why do all the celebrities tell us we have to go see this film? Why does Sec and LJB post here and say that whatever you believe, you have to go see this film. This film is a "MUST SEE"

Pa, please show me where I said you must see this film. Personally I don't give a rats ass if you see the film or not!
Thank you.

ljb
06-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Kingfin,
Shrek 2 was not as good as Scooby doo 2 or Shrek 1 for that matter.

hcap
06-28-2004, 12:48 PM
Unanimous critical aclaim. Who cares what "celebrities"say. May be worth seeing just to know why it is getting raves.

I don't remember rush or hannity receiving that kind of support from so many of their peers . And their point of view has been the dominent bs for so long.

The viewpoint of the country is changing. Moore is evidence that a lot of folks want to hear some stuff without jingoistic embroidery. Whether or not Moore has got it ALL correct is not as important as the fact that he got a quite a bit correct.

You may wanna see it just to know who the new anti bush posters on the off topic board may be. Or you can wait for cable. But then the impeachment hearings will be underway and you may be distracted.

:p

JustRalph
06-28-2004, 01:26 PM
now this thread makes me laugh. I gotta go see this film! My god what am I waiting on.................I am outta here.........!

Secretariat
06-28-2004, 01:32 PM
To those who haven't seen the film yet:

Steve 'StatMan'
06-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Geez, PBS makes and shows documentaties, and would be tickled to death to get $20Million + in pledges. And all this for essentially and unendorsed campain ad.

Remember, many of the celebrities didn't want Bush in there to begin with. So I'm not surprised at all that they want everyone to see it.

Who was the very famous film director (Louis B. Meyer?) of the 30s-60s who said, "I don't care if this picture makes a dime. I just want everyone in America to see this picture." Too unintentionally funny!

PaceAdvantage
06-28-2004, 02:29 PM
It's good to see that some people still "get it"

freeneasy
06-28-2004, 02:45 PM
and his bullshit mommie is a commie film.
where in a war and thats all there is to it. lets fight it, lets win it, lets end it and then lets get the fk on out of there.
michel moore, independents like him are nothing more then a bad joke. they can bend their movies to any shape they want to to give it any appearence they want to. all that shit is is one mans personal opinion about his bitterness towards a war the needs his support, nothing more. and the people that swallow up his crap whole hog are just a bunch of lookie loo's who want to hear one side and one side only, there side. michal moore is nothing but a fat pig on a stick. mm, id like to see him try and run this country. hed turn tail and run for his mommas skirt. mickel moore is nothing but a big jo.
hey mike, better stick to the fairy bars, your more suited there, you might end up getting a black eye you walk into mans bar.

kingfin66
06-28-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by ljb
Kingfin,
Shrek 2 was not as good as Scooby doo 2 or Shrek 1 for that matter.

I haven't seen the Scooby Doo movies. As far as Shrek 1 vs. Shrek 2 goes, I thought 2 was better from an adult point of view. Hang on while I ask my boys...Brandon voted for 2, as did Sean. That makes it 3 to 1, Shrek 2. You really can't go wrong either way.:)

Secretariat
06-28-2004, 03:40 PM
freeneasy,

Please go back and re-read your post. It sounds like Cheyney.

Secretariat
06-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Steve'StatMan'BTW
Geez, PBS makes and shows documentaties, and would be tickled to death to get $20Million + in pledges. And all this for essentially and unendorsed campain ad.

I agree. You should write you congressman, and ask them to increase the size of the NEA so that the PBS documentary directors can get larger grants...and make a pledge to PBS yourself, I do. In fact PBS has some fantastic shows like NOW by Bill Moyer. tune in.

As to Michael Moore...he went the free market route with his documentary. Seems to be doing OK. No one is forcing anyone to buy a ticket (just as no one forced Bush to say all those comments in the film) -- in fact groups are working to restrict your access to buying a ticket.

freeneasy
06-28-2004, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Secretariat
[B]freeneasy,

Please go back and re-read your post. It sounds like Cheyney. yeah.? so?

Tom
06-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by hcap
Because it has received critical aclaim. So whether or not you agree with Moore, it is worth seeing. Besides according to most of the bush lemmings on this board, the preznit has nothing to worry about come november, so go and have a good laugh.

"One Group That's Not Polarized: 9 out of 10 Film Reviewers for Daily Papers Back 'Fahrenheit'"

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000553027

Did you read what you posted?
"Because it has received critical aclaim."
That is a reason to see anyhting? Talk about lemmings. Duh?

JustRalph
06-29-2004, 12:48 AM
It's so big it is tied with Legally Blonde II

http://www.justralph.com/moore_blonde.jpg

freeneasy
06-29-2004, 01:08 AM
the chiwowa in pink looks more like michel moore then michel moore looks like michel moore. the guy looks like one of those big stuffed owls

chickenhead
06-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Box office success is most accurately measured by how much $$ it brings in per theater, as you can then compare one movie to another, I guarantee you LB2 was in about 3X more theaters.

Funny picture anyway. Is the chihuaha their progeny? That's about how it'd look.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Yes, F 9/11 is playing in a limited number of theaters. For it to lead the box office is quite a feat. Bravo to the Miramax PR machine for getting this thing rolling way back when we were being told "nobody in the US will be allowed to see this film, we're afraid"

The Weinstein bros and the people that distrubuted Passion of The Christ get awards for greatest PR machines of the year.

racko
06-29-2004, 10:32 AM
You need to see this film because M MOORE needs 8 more dollars.

Valuist
06-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Kingfin-

If Scooby Do 2 was anywhere as stupid as SD 1, you don't want to see it. I've seen quite a few kids movies w/my daughter the past few years but Scooby Do (1) was as bad as any movie I've ever seen.

Steve 'StatMan'
06-29-2004, 10:41 AM
I hear Ray Bradbury is upset because the name of the film is a take off on one of his works. Maybe he should change it to Porky's Revenge! (oops, silly me, that was already taken):p

Lefty
06-29-2004, 12:40 PM
statman, the title is a takeoff of Bradbury's work. He wants Moore to change the title and apologize. Not gonna happen and Bradbury can't do a thing about it because titles can't be copyrighted. Too bad.

Secretariat
06-29-2004, 01:36 PM
<Chenyey expletive> , that Legally Blonde gal is hot! Lucky Mike.

PaceAdvantage
06-29-2004, 04:12 PM
What about the Kerry curse in public. I forgot about this one...from a Rolling Stone article:

JOHN F. KERRY:

"I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, 'I'm against everything'? Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f - - - it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did," Kerry told the youth-oriented magazine.

Nice going. At least Cheney knew his audience and knew he was speaking to an ADULT in what he THOUGHT was a private conversation....

Damn hypocrites all over the place.

Tom
06-30-2004, 07:33 AM
Where is the outrage? Libs....??????:confused:

Secretariat
06-30-2004, 09:53 AM
THe thread - Why we are being told we must see this film...

Because Howard Stern liked it -

http://www.moveleft.com/moveleft_essay_2004_06_29_howard_stern_interviews_ director_michael_moore.asp

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2004, 10:12 AM
How come there was no shock over Kerry using the F word in a youth oriented magazine? But there is shock when Cheney uses the F word in a private conversation with another ADULT.

Damn hypocrites. You folks are dangerous. Selective memories. Rewriting history. Damn, you're lucky this is America.

ponyplayer
06-30-2004, 11:32 AM
I think I may have posted this before to the wrong thread...

Here goes again...Former NY Mayor Edward Koch, Democrat:

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_2.html

Not sure how to post links, so you may have to key it in, but it is worth reading...

Tom
06-30-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey, Sec...Ljb, Hcap...... where are you guys?
Ducking the question?
Let me ask it agin, directly:
"Do you think it was acceptabel behavior for Kerry to drop the F-bomb in a public interview when he knew full well he was being interviewed, knew full well people were listening, and he did it only for impact for his own personal gain?