PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 3-28-16

gib
03-28-2016, 09:51 AM
Ramblings aren't always wagers.

Race 1 – Morning line favorite #7 (PP8) is even money. This season MVR horses at even money or below are winning at about 43% with an average payoff of $3.00 - revealing what we all know . . . not a great win wager. The alternative here could be #3 SUGAR STREET an under achiever since arriving in Ohio; showed some spark before stopping last time going two turns; solid trainer/jock combo.

Race 2 – #1 JOHANNAH JO is probably too fast for these; she hasn’t missed the exacta since turning her attention to Ohio-bred competition. This looks like the first time in her life that #5 QUIET ELITE has run at a realistic level; if she’s got any real class today would be the day to show it off. If fit #6 UNIQUE INDYGO wouldn’t surprise.

Race 3 – #6 SOMETHING NICE fell apart last time against open company; gets first jump today with savvy Christian Pilares up. Playing by the numbers lands you on #1 TIMEFADESTHEPAGES; returns to sprinting.

Race 4 - Easy to assume that #3 (PP2) COMEONWILLIE will find a way to lose as per usual. Spotting a winner is a more difficult task. #7 ZANJAR was running well late 29Feb. #5 HIDEOUS made more sense debuting at 4 1/2 furlongs than those who dropped to that distance; could easily improve in second lifetime race.

Race 5 – #4 BOURBON QUEEN was ready to fire fresh last spring. #3 HOBNOB HILL must be chomping at the bit; rushes back to action now rather than waiting for “home track” Mountaineer to open. #7 LOST IN SUCCESS has produced off the charts figs in her local appearances against lesser company.

Race 6 – Interesting Florida import #2 (PP1) MY EASTERN BEAUTY has been competitive against open runners; kicks off her buckeye career today.

Race 7 – Recent performances point to #4 (PP3) LOVE THE MINISTER; the jock switch is baffling.

Race 8 – #6 REGAL RETURN is well spotted.

lamboguy
03-28-2016, 10:03 AM
i think BOURBON QUEEN will have her hands full with LOST IN SUCCESS.

the sixth race is a stick out to me.

gib
03-28-2016, 10:31 AM
i think BOURBON QUEEN will have her hands full with LOST IN SUCCESS.

I totally agree. Stretching for an alternative - the hope is that LOST IN SUCCESS hooks up with HOBNOB HILL while Sarvis gets the trip. Many variables; BQ has been off since July . . .

BTW - crummy weather here wet, cold, WINDY . . .