PDA

View Full Version : 20-1 Horse 9th AQU

HalvOnHorseracing
03-26-2016, 12:06 PM
In the 9th at AQU I put She Is My Hero at 20-1 ML on top. Horse has the look of a "Condition Sign" horse. Really bad races first five starts, but last race she showed speed to the stretch and didn't fade nearly as bad as the early races. Connections are very low key, jockey is all but unknown but did ride the horse last out. Good maintenance work a week ago. Obviously chancey, but you don't get 20-1 on stick outs.

MitchS
03-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Yes. Your right! By my "Condition" rules in sprint races, this horse qualifies for sure on a long shot play. I'll need to Astro calculate this one was overlooked!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention,
Have a good day

NorCalGreg
03-26-2016, 12:52 PM
In the 9th at AQU I put She Is My Hero at 20-1 ML on top. Horse has the look of a "Condition Sign" horse. Really bad races first five starts, but last race she showed speed to the stretch and didn't fade nearly as bad as the early races. Connections are very low key, jockey is all but unknown but did ride the horse last out. Good maintenance work a week ago. Obviously chancey, but you don't get 20-1 on stick outs.

Coincidence....I have that very horse as an "extreme pace" longshot play, in that weak MD claimer field. Hope she fires because I got money riding on her :rolleyes:

dartman51
03-26-2016, 01:12 PM
I will add to that she has improving speed last 3 races, improving late pace, has best early, 2nd start off lay off, and showed speed and faded in that start. I'm just hoping that she doesn't get hammered at the windows. :D

NorCalGreg
03-26-2016, 02:03 PM
I will add to that she has improving speed last 3 races, improving late pace, has best early, 2nd start off lay off, and showed speed and faded in that start. I'm just hoping that she doesn't get hammered at the windows. :D

Yep....was looking a that horse--everything looked normal--like it was gonna be one of the big players--then almost choked when I saw that 20-ML

Was one very similar named SARATOGA GIRO yesterday in the 8th--ran 2nd @ 34-1

HalvOnHorseracing
03-26-2016, 05:36 PM
Well, that was a bust, although I never feel bad about backing a 30-1 horse with some good positives. You only have to be right 4% of the time to make money