PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 3-26-16

gib
03-26-2016, 07:07 AM
Ramblings aren't always wagers.

Race 1 – Frustrating late runner #5 TRUEBILL seeks to measure the wire for hot Joe Poole barn; returns to his preferred distance. #3 SOULADAR could get loose; Charles Lawson has had recent success with fresh stock.

Race 2 – #4 REPENT YE has had an advantage over several of these in head to head matchups.

Race 3 – #7 WITH GRATITUDE stormed through local conditions until falling off the wagon under her new rider last time; Luis Hiraldo gets another call and a much better post. #3 PRINCESS MALIA has been a consistent sort chipping away against open claimers; her even running style can collect the pieces if speed fizzles.

Race 4 – The price will probably be right on #6 (PP5) CHARIOT CHAR after she didn’t lift a hoof at Turfway; her local record is impeccable; takes on tougher today. Classy #1 (PP7) PURRPURRPURR has been as sharp as she could be without winning locally; stablemate #1A (PP9) is familiar with this winners circle.

Race 5 – Unraced #3 (PP2) PUT UP WITH IT deserves some serious paddock inspection; the $125k OBSJUN 2015 was a pretty hefty buy into the Ohio-bred world. #8 (PP10) PREACHINTOTHE CHOIR has headed most of these in the past. The Gorham barn sends two that are eligible to improve on the cutback.

Race 6 – Firm going at today’s distance may be the proper combination for #8 SPANISH LEATHER. Also relatively lightly raced #9 COLONIAL BANNER could get the job done with a repeat of 26Feb effort. Obvious selection off recent local efforts #2 PLAUSIBLY highlights the mystery of the n2l condition . . . his record is 50-1-9-3; gotta pass.

Race 7 – This $75k pot has coaxed some interesting Ohio-bred out-of-towners to the little track that could. Her front running victory here in December earns #2 FAST JUSTICE the lean; drawing a line through the Tampa effort is easy; win here included wiring local terror TUNE UP; Ricardo Feliciano comes north for the ride. Wesley Ward is one for one at MVR having sent #7 BAREFOOT GYPSY in to win her debut and only lifetime trip; Hat Creek Racing has entered six races and lost only once in 2016. #8 TUNE UP handles this strip well; sports the best speed figs and most wins in the crowd. Maiden $100k Keeneland purchase #6 TOUCH OF BLING lost some luster after failing last time at five furlongs.

Race 8 – #10 WILD FOR GLORY has been losing to decent company; nobody in here would be a surprise.

rrpic6
03-26-2016, 03:28 PM
Late to the MVRC party as lots going on in racing today! Again on the same page as Gib on a lot of races. In Race 5: #8 Preachintothechoir finally broke thru with her Maiden win. Welcome back Kevin Radke who rode her to victory! He last rode in 2008!
Wish I could have gotten to my PC before the nice 75K Stakes for Oh. Bred Fillies. I picked #12 Heavenly Mine on my sheet today. I used her along with #2 Fast Justice and #8 Tune Up 1st and 2nd in exactas.
7-12 exacta paid $ 362.00

2,8,12/2,4,6,7,8,12/ not wise enough to box in tri's and supers of course:bang:

RR

gib
03-26-2016, 04:20 PM
Nice call but your #12 split my exacta - ouch