PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct: Friday, March 26

Teach
03-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Race One:

Wet track? Short Field. Racing menu: Doubles, Exactas, Exotics.

:5: Time for Angie has been a “win machine,” lately, albeit against weaker fields. Can this Stephen Got Even-bred make it six straight? Claimed out of her last by Bob Barbara. Solid trainer, yet low approval figures: first off a claim. Should benefit from any moisture on racing surface. Outside post should also help; may well be “on the engine”. Frankly, looking for value in this short field.

:2: Angle Code appears to be “the logical”. This Unbridled’s Song-bred has faced better; yet she’s been on the shelf for over four months. Morning works leading up to this race have been good; yet, the question remains: “Is she ready?” Bruce Levine is a solid trainer who does very well with first-off-a-claim types. Oh, Forestry breeding indicates that this mare should handle wet surface.

Also: :3: Wraith

Race Two:

:5: Fleeting Gold is another upset try on what promises to be a wet Aqueduct oval. A personal bias: I like Afleet Alex-bred horses on a wet racing surface. The jockey switch to Liston, LA’s Kendrick Carmouche, “The King of Philadelphia,” is a big plus. In this colt’s recent effort, he stumbled badly at the break and lost any chance of winning in a maiden-special event. This colt now stretches out a couple panels, that should give him a chance to find his best stride. Jeff Englehart is trainer and part-owner.
Others: :1: Majority; :4: Smart Russian; :2: Fa Niente (“It Doesn’t Matter”).

Race Three:

:5: Touching My Toes gets my tepid nod in this claiming sprint. This 5 year-old chestnut mare has done well competing at this level. The last time she won was on a sloppy track at “The Big A” in early December of last year. This Wild Rush-bred figures to benefit from any moisture. Junior Alvarado reprises the ride for trainer Bob Barbara.

Others: :2: Lady Luciano; :3: Saluda; :6: Unrepented

Race Four:

:1: Our Luck has been getting a lot of attention from the betting public in his recent efforts. This Ghostzapper bred should move up on a wet surface. This Smart Strike-bred was claimed out of his last race by trainer Mike Pino for the Breakaway Stables. Trainer Pino does very well with horses making their first start off a claim. This colt fits well in this company; he’s faced better in the past. Kendrick Carmouche is in the irons.

Others: :3: Aaron Burr (A hunch bet if you’ve seen the musical, “Hamilton”; Burr killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel in Weehawken, NJ.); :5: Conquest Kronos; :6: Vancouver.

Race Five: In this n2L maiden-claiming sprint I’m going with :6: Whimsey’s Girl. She’s been a consistent sort having won once and finished second four times in her last five starts in this company. Gabe Saez gets the riding assignment for trainer Steve Asmussen. Asmussen does very well with horses who were beaten favorites in their last starts. I believe this Sir Whimsey-bred filly will benefit from any moisture on the racetrack.

Others: :2: North Eight Street; :5: Stone Supplier; :4: Meet In Khartoum

Race Six:

:3: Taoisearch is my choice in this optional claiming route. This Afleet Alex-bred colt has done well in New York State-bred company. He was third in both the Gander and Damon Runyon. Any slight improvement… Junior Alvarado is in the irons for trainer Jim Ryerson.

Others: :1: Holdtherightcards; :6: Owner Gentleman; :4: Nobody Move.

Race Seven:

In this optional claiming sprint, :6: Bluegrass Prevails cuts back a couple panels off his last third-place finish effort. This gelding should be able to make amends for failing as a favorite in his last. Jockey Jose Ortiz has been “as hot as a petardo”. Trainer Gary Gullo has been razor sharp, as well. Trainer Gullo does particularly well with beaten favorites.

Others: :1: Metal Magic; :3: Take a Bite; :5: Noble Master

Race Eight:

:5: Gehrig is my longshot try in this optional claiming sprint. Named for the late-great “Iron Horse”: (I can still picture Fiorello LaGuardia at the mic on July 4, 1939). This Ghostzapper-bred gelding has impeccable wet-track breeding, e.g., the aforementioned Ghostzapper, Awesome Again, Forest Wildcat. This 3 year-old gelding certainly moves up on a wet track. Bruce Levine is the gelding’s conditioner; Levine does well with horses entered in Allowance company. The “King of Philadelphia,” (Is this his “red-letter day?) Kendrick Carmouche is in the irons.

Others: :1: Championofthenile; :8: Dr Lubber’s Kiss; :4: Lucky Lurie

Race Nine:

:3: Lieutenant Dale is my choice in the nightcap, a claiming 3nL route. Lieutenant Dale is a well-bred 3 year-old gelding who appears to be sitting on a win in this company. Any moisture on the racetrack should aid and abet this gelding chances of gracing the winner’s circle. A recent, sharp four-panel work appears to signal readiness. Manny Franco reprises the ride for trainer Jeremiah Englehart. Englehart does very well in most racing categories.

Others: :5: Howl; :4: Stevie’s Moonshot; :9: Awesome Bill

CptMisery
03-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Nice to see you back Teach, always appreciate your opinions and analysis. :ThmbUp: