PDA

View Full Version : Verducci's list

Valuist
03-25-2016, 10:27 AM
This is a few weeks old, but I will post anyways. Tom Verducci has studied pitcher injuries and comes out with a list of pitchers at risk for the following season. Last season, his candidates were:

Jesse Hahn- missed time with arm injury
Ventura- saw his ERA rise nearly a full run
Stroman- ended up blowing out his knee in spring training
Rubby De La Rosa- 2nd highest NL ERA among qualifiers
Daniel Norris

So here's his list for 2016:

Lance McCullers- already shut down with a sore arm
Syndegaard
Luis Severino
Carlos Martinez
Tyler Duffey

HoofedInTheChest
03-25-2016, 12:33 PM
I don’t understand, (in Stroman’s case) how do you foresee a knee injury? That could happen to any pro athlete, or is he projecting any type of injury based on the way he pitches?

Norris got injured after he was traded to Detroit, strained oblique if my memory is correct. Then there was the thyroid cancer, and this season he has injured his back. I hope things work out for him, i had high hopes for this kid.

Good to see that there are no Jays on this year's list.

Valuist
03-25-2016, 03:40 PM
I don’t understand, (in Stroman’s case) how do you foresee a knee injury? That could happen to any pro athlete, or is he projecting any type of injury based on the way he pitches?

Norris got injured after he was traded to Detroit, strained oblique if my memory is correct. Then there was the thyroid cancer, and this season he has injured his back. I hope things work out for him, i had high hopes for this kid.

Good to see that there are no Jays on this year's list.

They didnt foresee a knee injury. They felt Stroman was at risk of an arm injury.

Interesting to watch Syndegaard this year. Very, very high expectations.

HoofedInTheChest
03-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Interesting to watch Syndegaard this year. Very, very high expectations.
Are you trying to rub it in? :D

Don't remind me, that trade still bothers me to this day, Alex Anthopoulos did a great job for us but he got hosed on that deal.

Kash$
03-26-2016, 11:00 AM
i can see Synderguard because of the inverted V.(Strasburg)

Valuist
03-26-2016, 12:42 PM
Are you trying to rub it in? :D

Don't remind me, that trade still bothers me to this day, Alex Anthopoulos did a great job for us but he got hosed on that deal.

I had forgotten Syndegaard was ever property of the Jays organization.