PDA

View Full Version : Mountainman vs Hospital Security Guard

mountainman
03-24-2016, 12:27 AM
Several weeks ago a toy cop screamed into my car and berated me for driving too slowly when directed to vacate the area as , unbeknownst to me, a helicopter angled in for a landing. That the chopper touched down 200 yards from my suv and I had already complied with his directions didn't matter. "Are you BLIND?", he yelled? "Don't you HEAR that chopper?", again, at the top of his lungs.

Tonight I spotted the prick, jumped out of my car, positioned myself at least 10 feet away and advised the guy in a level tone to never, ever scream at me again.

His responded by warning me to get out of his face and and leave the premises, or he would have me arrested for issuing "threats."

I say it was he who made the threat, an inappropriate one intended to intimidate me that implied more authority than he has and assumed a police decision by no means assured.

Either way, the dude tried twice to bully me, and I don't take that from anybody.

Please, fellow posters, sound in with an opinion: which of us was right? And which overstepped? Morally and legally.

I can take it.

Clocker
03-24-2016, 12:42 AM
Please, fellow posters, sound in with an opinion: which of us was right? And which overstepped? Morally and legally.

I can take it.

Never get down in the mud and wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and the pig enjoys it.

davew
03-24-2016, 01:05 AM
What is a toy cop, were you driving on a helicopter landing pad, did the guy have a gun?

mountainman
03-24-2016, 01:08 AM
What is a toy cop, were you driving on a helicopter landing pad, did the guy have a gun?

hospital security guard..i was on the small road that runs past the hospital entrance, 200 yards from the parking lot where the chopper landed...not sure if he had a gun.. I blank out when I'm angry..

davew
03-24-2016, 01:20 AM
You seem like a big man (at least bigger than Nancy if I remember correctly)

Do it again with one of those body cameras or position a camera phone in such a way to get good video and get him riled up again. Send copies of the video to the Hospital administrators. Demand that he get fired or else you are going to send the videos to the local television stations, saying how you were bringing your very sick grandchild to the hospital and were verbally attacked by hospital security.

Helicopter pilots are not supposed to be blind and if they can accidentally hit a car 200 yards away, they can hit anything anywhere.

barahona44
03-24-2016, 01:28 AM
Calling him a toy cop and a prick in your post doesn't help your case.How much money do you think he makes? 40 years ago, I worked my way through college working for a security guard service and it was nights, weekends and holidays for minimum wage and no benefits.(Most places farm out their security guards.to private agencies) I was called micro cop, Deputy Dawg and most irritatingly an old Cheech and Chong sketch which involved an overzealous guard proclaiming"Hold-d -d-d it, security ", which I guess was considered "hilarious" by the Western New England College students (one of the company's contracts).After hearing it for the fifth time,I suggested the students get new material.I found out from that job that nobody likes being told what to do and unless you have arrest powers, no one is going to listen.Yet management in their pay-for-beer,demand-champagne always expected us to keep things under control.So maybe in the past, there was a problem with the helicopter and this guard didn't want a repeat of it and he has found that acting like a rectum opening is the only way some will comply.Or it could be that he is just a rectum opening.

Also, getting out of your car and making your statement may not rise to the level of a threat, but it was not an invitation to a kiss either.

Stillriledup
03-24-2016, 02:37 AM
Several weeks ago a toy cop screamed into my car and berated me for driving too slowly when directed to vacate the area as , unbeknownst to me, a helicopter angled in for a landing. That the chopper touched down 200 yards from my suv and I had already complied with his directions didn't matter. "Are you BLIND?", he yelled? "Don't you HEAR that chopper?", again, at the top of his lungs.

Tonight I spotted the prick, jumped out of my car, positioned myself at least 10 feet away and advised the guy in a level tone to never, ever scream at me again.

His responded by warning me to get out of his face and and leave the premises, or he would have me arrested for issuing "threats."

I say it was he who made the threat, an inappropriate one intended to intimidate me that implied more authority than he has and assumed a police decision by no means assured.

Either way, the dude tried twice to bully me, and I don't take that from anybody.

I can take it.

lots of people in society who are peons acting like someone important. I'm of the same cloth I see where you are coming from, I think though that there's a better way to cut him down to size without rolling around with a pig like was suggested in another post. That interaction can never end well, I think the key is to make it end well for you. I think the key would be to come up with something to say that makes him feel bad about himself while at the same time, not appearing that you said what you said to intentionally inflict emotional damage. Words hurt just as much as broken bones, the bones heal, but the words can't be 'unheard'

thaskalos
03-24-2016, 03:14 AM
Seeing that choppers perform all sorts of emergency duties at hospitals, I would overlook this overstepping of authority from the security guard, Mountainman. Someone's life might have been at stake...and it's easy to overreact under that sort of pressure. The second altercation I would consider a wash...since the look on your face probably overshadowed the "calmness" of your words. :)

Richie
03-24-2016, 05:11 AM
In my opinion, seeing him and getting out of your car to confront him after the fact and making a thinly veiled threat puts you in the wrong. What was the point? What was it going to accomplish? Sorry just my opinion

tucker6
03-24-2016, 06:46 AM
First one is on him. The second on you. A better way to have handled it would have been a letter to hospital admin. You would have come across as more level-headed and aggrieved, and it would have entered the record in case he does it again. Who knows, a letter may have spurred them to give him more training to prevent it happening again.

Rookies
03-24-2016, 07:17 AM
Hmmmm...

How would Mike, from BB & BCS have handled it, as a Parking Garage attendant? :lol:

The guard could have ramped it up a touch at the time & you did so the second. The difference between a Parking Lot and a Hospital Pad is important, though.

Meh.

Fager Fan
03-24-2016, 08:23 AM
I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

You're still so mad 3 weeks later that you confront him? You haven't in that time reconciled the fact that it was probably a lifeline helicopter trying to land and you were in an area deemed too close for a safe landing?

barn32
03-24-2016, 08:34 AM
I've gotten into my share of experiences with these "fake badge" people who seem to always be on a power trip and over abuse their authority. That being said, I've never won an argument with one-ever, so I've just learned to say, "Yes sir" and do whatever they want.

It makes life easier.

Shemp Howard
03-24-2016, 09:34 AM
I'm surprised he didn't ask you for "I.D."

Greyfox
03-24-2016, 09:39 AM
First one is on him. The second on you. A better way to have handled it would have been a letter to hospital admin. You would have come across as more level-headed and aggrieved, and it would have entered the record in case he does it again. Who knows, a letter may have spurred them to give him more training to prevent it happening again.

Exactly the sensible way to handle it! :ThmbUp:

Fager Fan
03-24-2016, 09:43 AM
Exactly the sensible way to handle it! :ThmbUp:

Yeah, get him in trouble at his job, when he may've done nothing wrong. I'm sure you all would like that done to you.

Again, a life flight coming in and Mountainman was in the way and apparently not moving in a manner of haste to leave. Do we know Mountainman wasn't in the wrong here, even if accidentally in the wrong?

tucker6
03-24-2016, 10:35 AM
Yeah, get him in trouble at his job, when he may've done nothing wrong. I'm sure you all would like that done to you.

Again, a life flight coming in and Mountainman was in the way and apparently not moving in a manner of haste to leave. Do we know Mountainman wasn't in the wrong here, even if accidentally in the wrong?
I once saw a life flight helicopter land on a highway 10 yards from stopped cars. Blades were almost over some of the parked cars, and which had people in them, including me. Was pretty cool actually.

mountainman
03-24-2016, 10:41 AM
Not my nature to go after someone's job. To be honest, kicking somebody's ass is way more me.

But, for the record, I was well clear of the landing area when the guy screamed and rebuked me. So it's he who acted after the fact. And I can't imagine that verbal abuse falls within his authority.

Still, I'm not petitioning anybody to take my side. I asked for honest opinions and much appreciate the responses.

Nutz and Boltz
03-24-2016, 10:41 AM
It would have meant more if The Mountainman had approached the guard at the time of the original incident. Weeks later the confrontation could have been completely forgotten by the guard, and should have been completely forgotten by both parties. Just sayin'.

mountainman
03-24-2016, 10:46 AM
It would have meant more if The Mountainman had approached the guard at the time of the original incident. Weeks later the confrontation could have been completely forgotten by the guard, and should have been completely forgotten by both parties. Just sayin'.

He was occupied with directing (light) traffic (WELL clear of the chopper) when the incident occurred. And the only reason HE had the chance to yell and berate me was that I slowed down and apologized for not grasping the situation more quickly. There was no opportunity for further discourse. And yesterday was the first I've seen of him since.

Nutz and Boltz
03-24-2016, 10:49 AM
I don't like wannabe cops like him. Unfortunately , you give anyone a bit of authority and it goes to their head Ala George Zimmerman!

mountainman
03-24-2016, 10:58 AM
And I realize it would have been much wiser to forget the whole thing. But I'm mentally incapable of accepting rudeness and insult in front of my autistic son. I'm sure that says negative things about my character, pride, and emotional makeup.

Greyfox
03-24-2016, 11:07 AM

Surely hospital administrators are smarter than what you give them credit for.
If the security guard has a record of serial abuses, he may be in trouble and deservedly so.
If not, he'd be fine.

Mountainman's solution of "kicking ass" is just plain childish, wrong, and idiotic.
I've seen too many people suffer brain injuries in street fights to know that is not the answer.
Secondly, Mountainman is not a spring chicken anymore.
Whereas he might have been able to clean the guard's clock when he was younger, such may not be the case today.
This is a mistake that many men make as they age.
In their mind they still think they are as tough as they once were.
They are most likely not.
An older man getting into an altercation with a younger man runs the risk of ending up in a wheelchair the rest of his life. How dumb is that?

Fwizard
03-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Mountain,

In my twenties I would have done the same thing you did, but as I have now turned 51 I have learned "to let it go"...I very rarely waste energy on being offended by anyone...Now do something to my wife or child and that is a different story....Moral of the story, relax and enjoy your life you will live longer without the stress...

Frank

mountainman
03-24-2016, 11:20 AM
Surely hospital administrators are smarter than what you give them credit for.
If the security guard has a record of serial abuses, he may be in trouble and deservedly so.
If not, he'd be fine.

Mountainman's solution of "kicking ass" is just plain childish, wrong, and idiotic.
I've seen too many people suffer brain injuries in street fights to know that is not the answer.
Secondly, Mountainman is not a spring chicken anymore.
Whereas he might have been able to clean the guard's clock when he was younger, such may not be the case today.
This is a mistake that many men make as they age.
In their mind they still think they are as tough as they once were.
They are most likely not.
An older man getting into an altercation with a younger man runs the risk of ending up in a wheelchair the rest of his life. How dumb is that?

Interesting perspective. He looked younger, fairly big, and in good shape. But the possibility of losing the potential altercation would never cross my mind.

Nutz and Boltz
03-24-2016, 11:23 AM
And I realize it would have been much wiser to forget the whole thing. But I'm mentally incapable of accepting rudeness and insult in front of my autistic son. I'm sure that says negative things about my character, pride, and emotional makeup.

No, you're just human.

Greyfox
03-24-2016, 11:24 AM
Interesting perspective. He looked younger, fairly big, and in good shape. But the possibility of losing the potential altercation would never cross my mind.

Rodeoers know:

"Never the horse that's never been rode.
Never the cowboy that's never been throwed."

tucker6
03-24-2016, 11:27 AM

A lot of what is wrong in this world is in your sentence. You take the negative on instructing someone to rid themselves of their faults rather than take the positive approach. They wouldn't have fired him for forcibly telling a driver to get out of the way, but they may have trained him on proper technique. Is his self esteem so important to you to let his bad behavior alone? If he did nothing wrong, no offense would have been taken. He could have done a better job and I wasn't even there.

mountainman
03-24-2016, 11:27 AM
Rodeoers know:

"Never the horse that's never been rode.
Never the cowboy that's never been throwed."

I'm far from undefeated. lol. But I have scored an upset, or two.

TJDave
03-24-2016, 11:34 AM
You have my permission to shoot him.
If you don't own a gun then you need to change your handle.

Fager Fan
03-24-2016, 12:20 PM
A lot of what is wrong in this world is in your sentence. You take the negative on instructing someone to rid themselves of their faults rather than take the positive approach. They wouldn't have fired him for forcibly telling a driver to get out of the way, but they may have trained him on proper technique. Is his self esteem so important to you to let his bad behavior alone? If he did nothing wrong, no offense would have been taken. He could have done a better job and I wasn't even there.

Who said anything about self esteem? Unless this person committed a serious offense, I don't think it's cool at all to mess with his job. I'd rather Moutainman give him a piece of his mind rather than going to his employer.

HalvOnHorseracing
03-24-2016, 01:47 PM

I can take it.
Once I was taking the shuttle from BWI to the Amtrak station. I had my carry on between my legs since the racks were full. The bus driver said, "This bus isn't moving until you put your bag in the rack."

Three things struck me. An argument about room on the rack, or no real compromise to safety was unlikely to change things, and could have worked against me. Second, there may have been a rule and while she was clumsy in enforcing it, that was her job. For whatever reason, she chose a poor way of asking me to comply. Third, people in those positions have an incredibly small amount of power, and sometimes they just want to use the little they have. The generally impotent may look for opportunities to express their "authority." I'm sure we could all think of dozens of situations where someone seemed, well, arbitrary and petty.

Even if the security guard was right in terms of the situation, he mishandled it and there is no defense for not being direct but polite. Even if he was in the right, he had an obligation to handle it professionally and he didn't. If I had seen him again, if I said something it would have been along the lines of, "I thought you were very unprofessional in that situation and I didn't appreciate being dealt with that way." If he explained and apologized, I'd thank him an move along. If he wanted a further fight, I would have said, I'll write a letter to your supervisor and let him deal with it, and walked away.

ElKabong
03-24-2016, 01:48 PM
Mountain,

In my twenties I would have done the same thing you did, but as I have now turned 51 I have learned "to let it go"...I very rarely waste energy on being offended by anyone...Now do something to my wife or child and that is a different story....Moral of the story, relax and enjoy your life you will live longer without the stress...

Frank

I thought the same when I read the OP. Live your own life and use good judgement (and the maturity required to deal with situations like that).

highnote
03-24-2016, 02:26 PM
You could have acted deaf and used mock sign language and pointed to your ears to imply that you cannot hear.

That would be lying, but it might have been funny to see his reaction when he realized he was yelling at a deaf person.

ldiatone
03-24-2016, 05:31 PM
Mr. Mountainman, gotta ask was this a 'burg hospital?

whodoyoulike
03-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Not my nature to go after someone's job. To be honest, kicking somebody's ass is way more me.

But, for the record, I was well clear of the landing area when the guy screamed and rebuked me. So it's he who acted after the fact. And I can't imagine that verbal abuse falls within his authority.

Still, I'm not petitioning anybody to take my side. I asked for honest opinions and much appreciate the responses.

Just let it go and cool off after all it's been a couple of weeks. It was probably a life flight helicopter bringing in an injured individual (as in a life and death situation). You remember him but he doesn't remember you.

Zydeco
03-24-2016, 07:26 PM

I can take it.

I would be confused too Mountainman......he said "Are you Blind? Can"t you HEAR the chopper???"

Grits
03-25-2016, 10:44 AM

I'm gonna tell you like a friend...in honesty. The vicissitudes of life are, on a daily basis, tremendous. It is how we react to them that makes OUR life more bearable or more difficult. The choice is yours; choose your battles wisely.

Your son, 2M, who you're placing as your focus, would have a greater understanding with your explaining to him why the officer was rude and insulting. This is preferrable to explaining why you just got your ass whipped and why you're now in handcuffs with a deputy sheriff standing by you.

Yes, maybe you're clear of the landing pad. However, you're still too close in proximity. In a split second an automobile can become a weapon. Or, it can hide a weapon from sight in a driver's hand. The world is full of those who would, and do, cause harm. People that we fail to see coming until it's too late.

When a Life Flight helicopter, its pilot and trauma team have been called--it is ALWAYS an extreme medical emergency. It is a life/death situation requiring speed and delivery of immediate, specialized care. If one ever lifts off, coming to get you or one of your family members, you WILL be grateful. And you WILL be grateful, too, for the mouthy, lowly, hospital security officer, on the ground, who may need a lesson in tact but did his job ensuring that the helicopter landed safely, got your family member on board, and lifted skyward, returning to the trauma center it took off from. Beginning the care needed to save your life.

My son and I were at Duke from 9 a.m. to after 5 pm on Wednesday, all day long, for his cardiology/pulmonology checkup and pre op tests for surgery he has to undergo in coming weeks. Duke has two LF heelos. We saw one of them take off from its rooftop landing pad, and return 3 times that afternoon.

2M, in light of being treated poorly, place yourself in that patient, his/her family member's skin. ....Too, the cost of that flight starts at about 25K. My friend, her 87 year old dad's flight last year was 50K. He survived.

I've learned that I have to prioritize, and decide how much energy I need to expend on difficult situations, regardless how upset I may be. Some take too much out of us. Always save something for later. When the real control and the real fighting is necessary. JMO <3

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2016, 10:59 AM
Thoughtful reply Grits...I think everyone can appreciate your words.

However, I must ask...those flights cost HOW MUCH? 25-50k? Are you kidding me? How in the world is that justified? That seems monstrously high. You could fly from JFK to Johannesburg about 50x for that kind of cash...

Stillriledup
03-25-2016, 11:01 AM
I'd like to hear the other side of the story.

You're still so mad 3 weeks later that you confront him? You haven't in that time reconciled the fact that it was probably a lifeline helicopter trying to land and you were in an area deemed too close for a safe landing?

It's not a post about a safe landing, it's about does any random peon have a right to talk to anyone anyway they want.

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2016, 11:04 AM
It's not a post about a safe landing, it's about does any random peon have a right to talk to anyone anyway they want.Everyone has a right to talk to anyone anyway they want. Just look at the ridiculous posts you've made in the Johan Cruyff thread that had to be deleted, for an example.

tucker6
03-25-2016, 11:06 AM
A life flight helicopter doesn't need 200 yards clearance. It was an overzealous security guy doing his job a little too well. That said, when one of those helicopters is about to land, I would imagine tensions are high. I have no problem approaching the guy 3 weeks later if it would have been a more calm back and forth.

Grits
03-25-2016, 11:43 AM
Thoughtful reply Grits...I think everyone can appreciate your words.

However, I must ask...those flights cost HOW MUCH? 25-50k? Are you kidding me? How in the world is that justified? That seems monstrously high. You could fly from JFK to Johannesburg about 50x for that kind of cash...

It is mind boggling. The up and down of fuel cost can have bearing, of course, as well as mileage from, and return to, the trauma center. Also, the team. Whether there are two RNs aboard, or DR. and RN. I live with two teaching hospital/trauma centers to the west of me, and one to the east, each within 40 to 70 miles. Everyday, one or the other of the teams flies over my home to our local hospital.

Google it, you'll see how wide the variation of cost is. My friend's dad had a heart attack...almost had another when he saw the medical billing. :lol:

Google the same, but for ground ambulance transport to major trauma center. It, too, is mind boggling. This one? I know from experience, as I've done that long, but hellaciously fast trip--twice.

Stillriledup
03-25-2016, 12:04 PM
Everyone has a right to talk to anyone anyway they want. Just look at the ridiculous posts you've made in the Johan Cruyff thread that had to be deleted, for an example.

"Everyone has a right to talk to anyone anyway they want"

Classy.

PaceAdvantage
03-25-2016, 12:13 PM
I never said the person you are talking to has to shut up and take it.

The Judge
03-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Are there signs? If you were close enough to cause a security guard to confront you then something is wrong with the lay-out. Surely this must be an on-going problem.

The security guard should report the problem but he won't because he enjoy's the occasional power trip it affords him. You should contact the hospital as other have suggested to report him and to suggest a better place for the copter to land, away from traffic, maybe on the roof. it would a shame if the copter hit a car or someone while trying to save a life.

Grits
03-25-2016, 12:20 PM
It's not a post about a safe landing, it's about does any random peon have a right to talk to anyone anyway they want.

This is vile. This random peon may have two jobs to make ends meet. You don't know.

You've written lately "I love the uneducated." You should, you're lost to understanding this confrontation, as it were. And how 2M can get beyond it.

Too, I hope you are not ever, ever in need of emergency transport to a trauma center, be it, by air or by ground transport. :(

highnote
03-25-2016, 03:03 PM
It might be worth remembering Plato's famous quote, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

thaskalos
03-25-2016, 05:36 PM
It might be worth remembering Plato's famous quote, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."
That Plato really knew his stuff. :ThmbUp:

tucker6
03-25-2016, 06:15 PM
he smoked weed a lot methinks. He was at Woodstock.

Stillriledup
03-25-2016, 06:37 PM
You're thinking of Dana Plato. :D :D

tucker6
03-25-2016, 06:59 PM
You're thinking of Dana Plato. :D :D
very sharp post :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

RIP for that tortured soul though.

Fager Fan
03-25-2016, 09:54 PM

Why do you all keep talking about him as a "random peon"? He has a job to do and it is of a life-saving nature which may make it a more important job than most. Besides, anyone who is doing honest work should be respected more than to keep denigrating him.

No logic leads me to believe that this guy got upset and yelled for no reason. Logic tells me Mountainman wasn't getting a move on to get out of the area and a helicopter was trying to land. I don't even know why he was in the area designated as the landing pad. Again, I'd like to hear the "peon's" side of what happened.

Fager Fan
03-25-2016, 09:56 PM
It is mind boggling. The up and down of fuel cost can have bearing, of course, as well as mileage from, and return to, the trauma center. Also, the team. Whether there are two RNs aboard, or DR. and RN. I live with two teaching hospital/trauma centers to the west of me, and one to the east, each within 40 to 70 miles. Everyday, one or the other of the teams flies over my home to our local hospital.

Google it, you'll see how wide the variation of cost is. My friend's dad had a heart attack...almost had another when he saw the medical billing. :lol:

Google the same, but for ground ambulance transport to major trauma center. It, too, is mind boggling. This one? I know from experience, as I've done that long, but hellaciously fast trip--twice.

Don't forget the cost of the medically equipped chopper and pilot.

mountainman
03-25-2016, 10:31 PM
This is vile. This random peon may have two jobs to make ends meet. You don't know.

You've written lately "I love the uneducated." You should, you're lost to understanding this confrontation, as it were. And how 2M can get beyond it.

Too, I hope you are not ever, ever in need of emergency transport to a trauma center, be it, by air or by ground transport. :(

We were far away from the landing area and I was no conceivable impediment to the chopper's mission when the guy got verbally abusive. He is a power tripping Barney Fife. So let's not confuse a noble mission with a noble man.

Your counsel concerning the aftermath is, of course, sound and well considered. You're a wise lady and I consider us friends. So here, dear G, is some friendly advice (that I hope alleviates some of the tension creeping into this thread)-no worries about me explaining why I got my ass whipped. lol. In fact, I would strongly advise wagering the other way. I'm not THAT old yet!

Robert Fischer
03-25-2016, 10:33 PM

I can take it.

If you confront every idiot that crosses your path it becomes a strain on your character and your health.

Sometimes you just have to let it slide.

mountainman
03-25-2016, 10:35 PM
Why do you all keep talking about him as a "random peon"? He has a job to do and it is of a life-saving nature which may make it a more important job than most. Besides, anyone who is doing honest work should be respected more than to keep denigrating him.

No logic leads me to believe that this guy got upset and yelled for no reason. Logic tells me Mountainman wasn't getting a move on to get out of the area and a helicopter was trying to land. I don't even know why he was in the area designated as the landing pad. Again, I'd like to hear the "peon's" side of what happened.

I tried to apologize for not following his directions more quickly, but I think he mistook that as a sign of weakness, because that's when he got really abusive.

And if his role at the hospital is THAT critical, should it be filled by a guy who so easily loses composure????

mountainman
03-25-2016, 10:51 PM
A wise man once advised me that knowing when to stick up for yourself is one of life's trickiest calls.

I will acknowledge this was probably not one of those times.

ReplayRandall
03-25-2016, 10:54 PM
A wise man once advised me that knowing when to stick up for yourself is one of life's trickiest calls.

I will acknowledge this was probably not one of those times.

But, be honest, you've got one last good fight in you, and this was the guy in your mind, who deserved a good ass-kicking.....Am I right, or what?

mountainman
03-25-2016, 11:01 PM
But, be honest, you've got one last good fight in you, and this was the guy in your mind, who deserved a good ass-kicking.....Am I right, or what?

I still bench 280 and have a bad temper. In person, I'm more rugged and a bit less civilized than my tv persona might imply. Is that honest enough?

ReplayRandall
03-25-2016, 11:09 PM
I still bench 280 and have a bad temper. In person, I'm more rugged and a bit less civilized than my tv persona. Is that honest enough?

Been there, done that. Let Glock and Kevlar take care of your real problems from now on, your temper will disappear overnight.....Worked for me, along with patching things up with the Man upstairs... :ThmbUp:

mountainman
03-26-2016, 12:25 AM
Hey , guys: One of Mountaineer's stewards, Steve Kourpas, passed away several days ago. He was 59 and died of heart issues brought on by prolonged and severe diabetes. Steve was a good man who sought only to befriend every person who crossed his path. On a personal level, he was a classmate from jr high and the predominant reason I've avoided being critical of our judges.

RIP, old buddy.

MutuelClerk
03-26-2016, 12:33 AM
MountainMan I think you answered your own question with your first post when you referred to him as a toy cop. If that's how you see him, he shouldn't be worth your time no matter how badly he acted. I understand the rage. We can't fight every fight anymore. Especially getting older. The best way to handle him is with disdain. Walk by with a smirk, stare him down, blow him a kiss. Anything but violence. You're the better man. Prove it.

Robert Fischer
03-26-2016, 02:16 AM
Hey , guys: One of Mountaineer's stewards, Steve Kourpas, passed away several days ago. He was 59 and died of heart issues brought on by prolonged and severe diabetes. Steve was a good man who sought only to befriend every person who crossed his path. On a personal level, he was a classmate from jr high and the predominant reason I've avoided being critical of our judges.

RIP, old buddy.

Sorry to hear that

ultracapper
03-30-2016, 12:14 PM

SHeeeet!!! Socrates forgot more than Plato ever knew. :)