PDA

View Full Version : MVRC 3-23-16

gib
03-23-2016, 07:24 AM
Ramblings aren't always wagers.

Race 1 – Looks like a “you pick ‘em” set of under-achieving fillies.

Race 2 – #3 BLACK FRIDAY RUSH is sent out by connections that could produce an improved effort in a daily double that is best played blindfolded.

Race 3 – #6 RIDING IN THE WIND returns to MVR after tangling with open stakes company out of town; she is undefeated in Ohio-bred races.

Race 4 – #3 MAGIC APPLE exploded last time indicating that he may fit with these. #9 GONE WILD gets a chance to finish into a potentially strong pace.

Race 5 – #6 MOZELLE found what he was looking for from the trip north; Vega stable has been outrunning it’s odds. Speed and fade efforts at Penn National earn #4 CHILLIN’ IT a look in abbreviated sprint.

Race 6 – #2 SEEK TO DESTROY faced a tough bunch in his local debut.

Race 7 – His pressing style has paid dividends for #1A (PP$) CINDER TYME; probably too fast for the rest of these. Well-travelled #2 (PP1) RED BLEND should provide a look into

Race 8 –#9 OUR LUCKY ONE has been turning in figs substantially above others. #7 JEB’S BREW has been up against recent bias; return of Bermudez could signal wake up call.

rrpic6
03-23-2016, 08:47 AM
Looks like GIB and myself like many of the same horses on today's card.
Note sure if the track will favor closers like yesterday. If speed is good today, note jock changes or horses stretching out with "send 'em" jocks on.
Example 1: Race 1: #1 New York Gem. Switch to Quinones and gets rail draw. He'll try to get this plodder going from the bell.
Example 2: Race 2: #6 Case Ace. 1st 2 turn race here. Hollingsworth will gun and see how far he can go.
Example 3: Race 8: #9 Our Lucky One. Quinones again, drops in class, faced many early speedsters including Abra and Sambucca Steve. #7 Jeb's Brew. Bermudez gets back on. He's able to move horses up whether on the front end or charging late. He won at 18-1 on this horse with a well timed late move back in January.

Good Luck
RR

gib
03-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Great insights into a tough card Ron. Thanks.

Quinones' improving race record has been interesting. I used to dodge him but not so much now. As you mentioned he is becoming a positive on early runners.

Looks like a light day at the windows for me. I like a lot of chalk (not unusual) but several of them look like they will end up too low to play without an appealing alternative - then I get to the track where the wise guy rumors get me reaching into my pocket . . . not a disciplined player.