PDA

View Full Version : What is Donald Trump really like?

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Friends say that they are surprised at the type of things that he is saying. His public persona seems a little different than what he projects in his business and personal life. Can his supporters rely on him making good on his promises or is he just another politician, saying anything to get elected. The only way we can find out for sure is for him to win in November, I guess. What makes you guys believe or disbelieve him?

N.Y. Times article 03/11/2016...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/nyregion/for-donald-trump-friends-in-few-places.html

barahona44
03-21-2016, 01:09 PM
If anybody thought that Trump's tossing verbal grenades was a gimmick to get votes and attention, this article would give weight to that idea.The most interesting quote came from Richard Lefrak, who said Trump was always inviting him to Trump's place in Palm Beach, but when Lefrak would suggest Trump come to his place in Miami,Trump would usually decline.Playing armchair psychiatrist, that sounds like someone who wants to meet the world on his own terms.That's fine in business but a person is President of 310 million citizens, not investors, tenants or customers.

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

OntheRail
03-21-2016, 01:44 PM
Well it'll be hard to label him as Homophobic...

Abe Wallach, who once served as head of acquisitions for the Trump Organization, said he was always surprised when Mr. Trump would ask him and his husband to join him for the weekend with Marla Maples, his wife at the time. “Donald would call and say, ‘Abe, what are you doing? Marla and I are flying down to Atlantic City. You and David want to come?’

reckless
03-21-2016, 01:51 PM
This video says a lot about Donald Trump, the next GOP nominee and next President of the United States. Enjoy.

http://www.wor710.com/onair/mark-simone-52176/a-powerful-positive-look-at-donald-14508638/

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 01:52 PM
He sure is an interesting personality. Certainly more interesting than the Kardasians and Kanye, which more people seem to give a crap about.

Stillriledup
03-21-2016, 01:53 PM
Friends say that they are surprised at the type of things that he is saying. His public persona seems a little different than what he projects in his business and personal life. Can his supporters rely on him making good on his promises or is he just another politician, saying anything to get elected. The only way we can find out for sure is for him to win in November, I guess. What makes you guys believe or disbelieve him?

N.Y. Times article 03/11/2016...
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/nyregion/for-donald-trump-friends-in-few-places.html

Passion. You can't fake that. Doesn't matter what he says, the passion is there to fix stuff. With Hillary she's not fixing anything, it will be like Obama-nation never left.

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 02:00 PM
This video says a lot about Donald Trump, the next GOP nominee and next President of the United States. Enjoy.

http://www.wor710.com/onair/mark-simone-52176/a-powerful-positive-look-at-donald-14508638/

His comments in the video show him calling for the same things over the years,from the 1980's to the present, no matter which party was in the White House. It shows that this country has been faltering for a lot longer than the past seven years. It has been a long ,slow regression and there are no quick fixes. I liked that video. Thanks for posting.

Stillriledup
03-21-2016, 02:11 PM

Anything Trump said in the past he was speaking from a totally different perspective, now he's speaking for the little guy.

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 02:24 PM
I can't imagine wanting to see,never mind believe, anything put in a video praising Clinton.

Clocker
03-21-2016, 02:28 PM
Anything Trump said in the past he was speaking from a totally different perspective, now he's speaking for the little guy.

Trump doesn't speak for the little guy any more than Hillary does. They both see "the little guy" as sadly in need of guidance and help in leading his life, and the answer is big government run by The Donald or The Hillary.

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 02:32 PM

I don't think he's speaking for the little guy, he is speaking to the little guy, though. He is not one of us "little guys".

ReplayRandall
03-21-2016, 02:37 PM
The difference to all Americans of who is POTUS....

Hillary= "Left"-overs for everyone to eat

Trump= All Americans will be eating STEAK once again...

Yes I know, it'll be Trump steaks, but none the less, STEAKS... ;)

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 02:43 PM
The difference to all Americans of who is POTUS....

Hillary= "Left"-overs for everyone to eat

Trump= All Americans will be eating STEAK once again...

Yes I know, it'll be Trump steaks, but none the less, STEAKS... ;)

I hope you won't wind up eating "humble pie".

ReplayRandall
03-21-2016, 02:51 PM
I hope you won't wind up eating "humble pie".

I've got K-rations to last me 4 years, and then I'm screwed.. :eek:

thaskalos
03-21-2016, 02:54 PM
What is Trump really like?

I suspect that he is capable of doing a lot of good, and a lot of evil...and he probably does a little of both. Just like the rest of us.

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 02:54 PM
I've got K-rations to last me 4 years, and then I'm screwed.. :eek:
It would take at least 4 years to get this country on the right track. Stock those cupboards.

ReplayRandall
03-21-2016, 03:03 PM
It would take at least 4 years to get this country on the right track. Stock those cupboards.

Cupboards?? Must be MOBILE....THE best advice there is, just follow my lead and you'll be fine....

Stillriledup
03-21-2016, 04:39 PM
I don't think he's speaking for the little guy, he is speaking to the little guy, though. He is not one of us "little guys".

He is one of 'youz guyz'. Like Don Jr said 'he's a blue collar billionaire'

VigorsTheGrey
03-21-2016, 05:31 PM
I wonder if the Donald is, in any part, what could be considered organised crime?

Then again I wonder if the Clintons are part of organized crime....I've read many, many references on the internet about the so-called Bush-Clinton Crime Family....was wondering if any of this stuff has any merit to it?

reckless
03-21-2016, 05:51 PM

You might have this all backwards, Nutzy. :)

When Trump is elected President, you should fill your cupboards with stocks.

Nutz and Boltz
03-21-2016, 06:05 PM
You might have this all backwards, Nutzy. :)

When Trump is elected President, you should fill your cupboards with stocks.

As much as we would all like to see it happen quickly, some wide sweeping changes would have to go into effect and that takes time.

reckless
03-21-2016, 06:14 PM
As much as we would all like to see it happen quickly, some wide sweeping changes would have to go into effect and that takes time.

Yes it does take time, but keep the faith. Help is on its way. :)

Fager Fan
03-21-2016, 11:45 PM
If anybody thought that Trump's tossing verbal grenades was a gimmick to get votes and attention, this article would give weight to that idea.The most interesting quote came from Richard Lefrak, who said Trump was always inviting him to Trump's place in Palm Beach, but when Lefrak would suggest Trump come to his place in Miami,Trump would usually decline.Playing armchair psychiatrist, that sounds like someone who wants to meet the world on his own terms.That's fine in business but a person is President of 310 million citizens, not investors, tenants or customers.

Interesting article, thanks for posting.

You might be reading too much into it. Sounds like a simple case of being a homebody as said. And with someone who travels and works so much, it can be hard to find the time or desire to visit someone else's home when he just wants to be at home.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Well it'll be hard to label him as Homophobic...I was going to post the exact same thing.

But something like this will be completely overlooked in favor of labeling him a hate-monger, racist, xenophobe and of course, Hitler wannabe.