PDA

View Full Version : My Interesting trip to Boston...

sq764
06-27-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, just got back last night from the Phillies/Sox game at Fenway.. Wow, my wife and I really don't get deep into the Northeast that much (We live in Delaware).. And to sum it up, when we saw the Delaware Memorial Bridge toll, we were never happier to pay $3 to get back into our home state....
(Game was great though, even though I like the Sox, the Phils are my team at heart and to see them pound the Sox, while Thome blasted another homer was fun :-)

A few thoughts on the trip/drive:

- Heading up there was fine until we hit the NY Thruway (and it started pouring cats n dogs)..

- The traffic once you get into CT was absolutely insane.. At that point we decided to crash in Danbury, CT and drive the rest on Sat.

- The drivers in Boston are nuts, no 2 ways about it..But the drivers in New York take the cake.. It was especially fun to get cut off, then watch them giving you the finger as they are cutting you off.. (As to say "Yeah, I cut you off MF-er")

- Being a Sox fan, I hate to say this, but the Sox fans are total wusses. There were about 10-15,000 Phillies fans there and all I heard was how raucous, rude an drunk the phillies fans were.. (This amazes me considering the exploits of the Sox/Yanks playoff series last year). I lost a lot of respect for the Sox fans, since it was simply a great Phillies crowd that traveled up there to support them. It probably didn't help that the Phillies were killing them early.

- On the way back, we made a BIG driving mistake, taking the bridge to Long Island (295) by accident. We then ended up taking the tunnel to Manhattan..

- Then the worst experience ever, getting stuck on Park Avenue in Manhattan on a Sat night.. Holy shit, I swear to you, after we entered Manhattan, it seriously took us 2 hours to get over to the Holland tunnel.. And to make matters worse, I was exhausted from driving, so my wife was driving (our brand new Explorer) through this mess. I will let you picture this: She is a timid driver, who hates getting yelled at and hates confined spaces (tunnels, barriers, tight lanes, etc).. Needless to say, I had to change my shorts 2-3 times in Manhattan alone..

Sorry for the long post..