7. Tom's Ready

8. Uncle Walter

9. Dazzling Gem

10. Zapperini

11. Forevamo

Side Note: Uncle Mo is a STUD!!!... Mo's everywhere this year

SecretAgentMan
03-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Would be funny if it was an Uncle Mo triple.

I'm interested to see how Gun Runner, GreenpointCrusader, Mo Tom & Forevamo run.

I believe we've never had a horse win the KD after running in the Louisiana derby.

PowerUpPaynter
03-19-2016, 02:33 PM
Would be funny if it was an Uncle Mo triple.

I'm interested to see how Gun Runner, GreenpointCrusader, Mo Tom & Forevamo run.

I believe we've never had a horse win the KD after running in the Louisiana derby.

Wow really? No horse that has run in the LA Derby ever won the Kentucky Derby? Wikipedia says its been run since 1894...

PowerUpPaynter
03-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Did a little research Grindstone 1996 to name one

SecretAgentMan
03-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Did a little research Grindstone 1996 to name one

The trend is any horse that ran in the LA derby & then went straight to the KD. Grindstone ran in the LA derby & then Arkansas derby before the KD.

Horses that have gone straight into the KD from the LA derby w/o another race.

Tom
03-19-2016, 03:34 PM
They should sell Uncle Mo to Ramsey, then we would have a lot Mo Kittens!

delsully
03-21-2016, 10:38 AM
I have two tickets to the LA Derby for anyone that wants them, I will mail them to the first person who PMs me.

lamboguy
03-21-2016, 10:50 AM
i love GUN RUNNER so i hope history does not kill his chances.

CincyHorseplayer
03-21-2016, 11:44 AM
Looks like another good betting race. The lead up to the KD can be a real chalk fest at times. As long as you aren't betting SA and GP this TC chase has been fun!

SecretAgentMan
03-21-2016, 12:44 PM
i love GUN RUNNER so i hope history does not kill his chances.

If he comes in 1st in LA Derby, you will see at least 12-1 on him in the KD, if he runs 2nd, he will be at least 20-1

Asmussen is gonna win a derby, question is when? Don't know if its this year, & I haven't watched the race 2 back where he had the lead in the stretch & then faltered, strange if you ask me.

Can someone please explain to me what "faltered" means? Did he run out of gas, are there different things that can happen under the "faltered" scenario.

Mc990
03-21-2016, 05:47 PM
The horse that intrigues me here is Greenpointcrusader. I'm hoping for a slight improvement from the Holy bull and he should be set up for a top in KY. If that is the case, he checks all the boxes for me... Strong 2 year old top, 2 preps, 6 weeks coming in. Schettino is taking some heat for his 3 yr old schedule/campaign but the data says this is the way to go.

On a side note, I thought his Holy Bull was fantastic. Spotting Mohaymen 2lbs while racing one path wider on both turns mitigates the 3.5 length defeat down to closer 1-1.5. Here's to hoping he runs a good 2nd on Saturday and gets lost in the shuffle as the other preps are run closer to May 7th....

SecretAgentMan
03-21-2016, 06:20 PM
The horse that intrigues me here is Greenpointcrusader. I'm hoping for a slight improvement from the Holy bull and he should be set up for a top in KY. If that is the case, he checks all the boxes for me... Strong 2 year old top, 2 preps, 6 weeks coming in. Schettino is taking some heat for his 3 yr old schedule/campaign but the data says this is the way to go.

On a side note, I thought his Holy Bull was fantastic. Spotting Mohaymen 2lbs while racing one path wider on both turns mitigates the 3.5 length defeat down to closer 1-1.5. Here's to hoping he runs a good 2nd on Saturday and gets lost in the shuffle as the other preps are run closer to May 7th....

He's definitely a horse will be watching Saturday, I think he has a lot of potential, but he's gotta run first or second to be pointed towards the derby IMO.

Only bad race was the 14 horse field at Keenland G1. His Champagne G1 at Churchill win was impressive at 1 mile in the slop.

And he ran well I thought vs Mohaymen, let's see how he runs Saturday.

PowerUpPaynter
03-21-2016, 08:15 PM
I like Greenpoint but im really excited to see how Mo Tom closes if he runs big i think he can land in the Derby Super for sure

SecretAgentMan
03-23-2016, 04:54 PM
This race IMO is more exciting & has more potential than the Rebel. Its between GreenpointCrusader, Gun Runner & Mo Tom. Forevamo can upset the whole field if he closes like his last race.

Can't wait to see this race!

Lemon Drop Husker
03-23-2016, 07:17 PM
I sure hope :5: Candy My Boy gets overlooked again since he will not be going out in :22.4 and :46.1 this time around.

:6: Mo Tom is the horse to beat IMO and the deserving favorite.

Also looking for :3: Battery to run well. That was a nice race last out and is the same 9F they'll run Saturday. Castellano and Pletcher aren't the worst connections to have on a 10/1 ML colt either.

I'll then look for :9: Dazzling Gem and :11: Forevamo to complete bottoms of exotics as I fade :1: Gun Runner and :2: Greenpointcrusader.

Longshot
03-23-2016, 09:46 PM
Wow really? No horse that has run in the LA Derby ever won the Kentucky Derby? Wikipedia says its been run since 1894...

Funny Cide ran third in the Louisiana Derby in 2003.

fegerass
03-24-2016, 07:00 PM
Black Gold won the 1924 La. Derby and the 50th Ky Derby. :)

lamboguy
03-26-2016, 09:44 PM
i love GUN RUNNER so i hope history does not kill his chances.didn't kill him so far!

SecretAgentMan
03-26-2016, 10:23 PM
didn't kill him so far!

Not many will give him a shot in the KD because of the 6 week rest & his final time. I think he surprises everyone. Asmussen gets his derby winner finally!

But I still want to see Destin & Shagaf.

pele polo
03-27-2016, 01:13 AM
Grindstone won the LA Derby and Ky Debry in '96 but made a start in between.

Mc990
03-27-2016, 10:57 AM
Not many will give him a shot in the KD because of the 6 week rest & his final time. I think he surprises everyone. Asmussen gets his derby winner finally!

But I still want to see Destin & Shagaf.

I actually love the 6 weeks rest... 5-6 weeks optimal IMO. 2 preps also a plus as opposed to 3-4. Based on that as well as pedigree, I think gun runner is very likely to run his race in KY... Whether or not that will be good enough is the question...

No standout horses yet in this year's crop so that certainly opens the door for some of the slower ones with good patterns. Very tough to leave him off your tickets.

Secondbest
03-27-2016, 11:21 AM
Dr. Roman grave him a -29pf which is very weak for a grade 2.

SecretAgentMan
03-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Dr. Roman grave him a -29pf which is very weak for a grade 2.

And he only received a 91 beyer. The beyers so far have been low on most winners. Just 2 horses hit 100 beyer

SecretAgentMan
03-27-2016, 11:40 AM
I actually love the 6 weeks rest... 5-6 weeks optimal IMO. 2 preps also a plus as opposed to 3-4. Based on that as well as pedigree, I think gun runner is very likely to run his race in KY... Whether or not that will be good enough is the question...

No standout horses yet in this year's crop so that certainly opens the door for some of the slower ones with good patterns. Very tough to leave him off your tickets.

Gun Runner has amazing tactical speed. He has several gears as stated by the jockey & trainer. I like this horse a lot.

PowerUpPaynter
03-27-2016, 11:42 AM
And he only received a 91 beyer. The beyers so far have been low on most winners. Just 2 horses hit 100 beyer

That is a weak beyer. Think we will see a big one next week.

SecretAgentMan
03-27-2016, 11:59 AM
That is a weak beyer. Think we will see a big one next week.

Beyers don't influence my play in the KD anymore. Giacomo had a 95 beyer in his final prep while Bellamy Road had a 120, & several others had over 102.

Super Saver had a 98 beyer, his highest in his final prep. 2 others hit 100.

Secondbest
03-27-2016, 12:22 PM
The 3/4 was about 1:13 mile 1:38 final 1:51. Last 3/8 of 38 off a slow 3/4 not exactly awe inspiring

Donttellmeshowme
03-27-2016, 01:51 PM

No rest for Gun Runner. Assmussen will work him at least 5 times till the Derby and take all the energy out of him.

sammy the sage
03-27-2016, 08:57 PM
No rest for Gun Runner. Assmussen will work him at least 5 times till the Derby and take all the energy out of him.

guess u don't bet Baffert horses ever then :rolleyes:

Donttellmeshowme
03-27-2016, 11:33 PM
guess u don't bet Baffert horses ever then :rolleyes:

give me Baffert over Assmussen anyday