PDA

View Full Version : G3 Razorback

Lemon Drop Husker
03-18-2016, 10:50 PM
11 horses, with only 8 betting interests.

I'd usually pass, but this race is exciting to me, with price horses abound.

1 and 1/16th miles for 4YO and upward:

:1: Incremental: Part of a Triple entry. Will be beat handily.

:1a: La Machina: Can come late, just too late, and not good enough.

:1a:X Looks To Spare: Anybody expect him to run his best off a career best effort with a long layoff?

:2: Smack Smack: He is at home and very dangerous. Others close the deal much much better.

:3: Carve: After a 4th here last year, he has followed it up with a flurry of solid, yet non-winning efforts. I see an overbet here. Exotics at best for me.

:4: Shotgun Kowboy: Still only 4YO. Rolls in off a bullet work. BWC and Jareth are solid connections. Would not surprise me in the least.

:5: Idolo Porteno: I'll forever pass on Argentina shippers. Especially in Graded Stakes races.

:6: Far Right: A number of people looked for this one to win the KD last year. He should get solid backing from the locals. Reality is, he ain't good enough.

:7: Upstart: A year ago, he would be a 2/5 favorite in this race. Now? 5/2 ML is almost a joke. Hasn't raced since September, gets landed in here, and hasn't beat a solid field in his entire career.

:8: Domian's Rap: He has won 4 straight. This 8 year old is a money maker, looking for a bit more than usual.

W: :4:
EX: :4::7: Box

VigorsTheGrey
03-19-2016, 12:12 AM
I'm taking a long look at

:3: Carve. He has a slightly different set-up than last year but for sure this race is target for Asmussen...Horse is 5 for 14 at distance and is 4 wins for 10 starts at OP. Nakatani hungry rider...2 bullets in tow....needed last race tightener...

UPSTART is class of field but don't know why Irad gets off to ride FAR RIGHT.
UPSTART has Bravo up who rode him in the Haskell.

The :1: entry might be good exotics value.

PaceMasterT
03-19-2016, 11:38 AM
When I look at this race, I see that 40% of the horses have had some miraculous training.

:1: Incremental - Claimed for 8,000 - instant speed figure increase
:1a: La Macchina - Claimed for 30,000 - instant speed figure increase
:1:X Looks to spare - Claimed for 5,000 - Dramatic speed figure increase (It took 4 races on this one. Getting a 60 day suspension in Illinois and moving on to other circuits must have led Umarov to some new and improved "training techniques".

:8: Domain's Rap - Claimed for 10,000 - instant dramatic speed figure increase.

This is supposed to be a Grade 3 race. The state of this industry is ridiculous.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-19-2016, 11:42 AM
When I look at this race, I see that 40% of the horses have had some miraculous training.

:1: Incremental - Claimed for 8,000 - instant speed figure increase
:1a: La Macchina - Claimed for 30,000 - instant speed figure increase
:1:X Looks to spare - Claimed for 5,000 - Dramatic speed figure increase (It took 4 races on this one. Getting a 60 day suspension in Illinois and moving on to other circuits must have led Umarov to some new and improved "training techniques".

:8: Domain's Rap - Claimed for 10,000 - instant dramatic speed figure increase.

This is supposed to be a Grade 3 race. The state of this industry is ridiculous.

This is a terrible G3 field, no doubt about it. We've all seen hundreds of better OC $62.5K N2X races better than this one.

ArlJim78
03-19-2016, 02:40 PM
the Move'em Up Handicap. :lol:
odd race, I kept coming back to Carve, thinking he'll finally get it right today.
But I wouldn't completely ignore Domains Rap.