PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita 3/18 R3 and R5

Lemon Drop Husker
03-18-2016, 03:45 PM
I'd really like to hear some opinions on these races.

Amid a crap card at Santa Anita today, these 2 really stick out to me as real crap.

R3: 5 1/2 Furlong Claiming $12.5K for 4YOs and Up

Mainly because the :1: Tannersmymucle looks like a no-brainer and I know he isn't. :5: is somewhat interesting, and :6: with KD on board is a crap shoot. :1: is going to be dead chalk coming out of lesser races.

I mean, you have to play against him if he is indeed the favorite, right? And who would that be? Likely a pass, but something weird looks like it will happen here.

R5 MC $100K

Hate these races. Almost always filled with horses purchased for $'s less than $100K, or then the occasional monster purchase of well over $100K with MSW experience that looks like a "dump" form the connections so they will at least get paid.

Sadly, we get 4 FTS in this field of 10, a first time Gelded horse, and of the 3 horses that have ran before, only 3 board finishes with only 1 being in MSW company. Baffert has 2 entries, O'Neill has one, and all the big jocks are riding.

Lastly, the :8: with Candy Man on board has a nobody trainer, yet the highest number relative to "Par" for the race, and with 5 lifetime races dropped to this level last out to finish ahead of 2 other rivals in here.

Weird races.

Would love any and all opinions.

Stillriledup
03-18-2016, 04:23 PM
I'd lean towards the 6 in race 3, kent gets along w him well and he's in a perfect spot to take adv of the 'draft' from the 5 who will 'create space' by moving out and crossing over.

Lemon Drop Husker
03-18-2016, 04:33 PM
I'd lean towards the 6 in race 3, kent gets along w him well and he's in a perfect spot to take adv of the 'draft' from the 5 who will 'create space' by moving out and crossing over.

So who is on the grassy knoll?

Stillriledup
03-18-2016, 04:46 PM
So who is on the grassy knoll?

Huh?

Lemon Drop Husker
03-18-2016, 04:47 PM
Huh?

Just kidding.

Going :6::5: