PDA

View Full Version : Why do people call Trump Hitler part II? Wouldn't FDR II be more appropriate?

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2016, 01:38 PM
It's funny how the Trump bashers conveniently forget about one Franklin Delano Roosevelt. You know...the guy who, when America was under attack (sound familiar?) decided to round up people of different skin color (sound familiar?) and throw them into internment camps during World War II (many of them being AMERICAN CITIZENS).

Yet people automatically jump to Hitler when criticizing Trump's proposed temporary ban on NON-CITIZEN Muslims entering the USA.

Hell, why travel to Germany when you could MORE APPROPRIATELY stay right here at home and call Trump -> F D ****in R?

And remember folks, FDR was a kind and gentle DEMOCRAT...

(Oh, and please, while you're calling Trump -> Hitler, make sure to say it to his face with his Orthodox Jewish son-in-law and converted Jewish daughter Ivanka standing by his side...I'm sure it will go over well).

People invoking the Hitler/Nazi nonsense against Trump deserve Hillary as their President.

Have fun.

Stillriledup
03-17-2016, 01:44 PM
The outrage at Trump is misdirected, the country is like 'Swiss cheese' and people are blaming Trump for SUGGESTING that we 'un-Swiss cheese' the place.

boxcar
03-17-2016, 01:45 PM
It's funny how the Trump bashers conveniently forget about one Franklin Delano Roosevelt. You know...the guy who, when America was under attack (sound familiar?) decided to round up people of different skin color (sound familiar?) and throw them into internment camps during World War II (many of them being AMERICAN CITIZENS).

Yet people automatically jump to Hitler when criticizing Trump's proposed temporary ban on NON-CITIZEN Muslims entering the USA.

Hell, why travel to Germany when you could MORE APPROPRIATELY stay right here at home and call Trump -> F D ****in R?

(Oh, and please, while you're calling Trump -> Hitler, make sure to say it to his face with his Orthodox Jewish son-in-law and converted Jewish daughter Ivanka standing by his side...I'm sure it will go over well).

People invoking the Hitler/Nazi nonsense against Trump deserve Hillary as their President.

Have fun.

Yes, I'm sure they will. Libs love inconvenience truths. :D

thaskalos
03-17-2016, 01:52 PM
One can only imagine what FDR would have done to the Japanese-Americans...if he DIDN'T have advance knowledge of the Pearl Harbor attack.

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2016, 01:55 PM
BTW, somebody should ask David Duke what he thinks about Donald Trump and his Jewish daughter and Jewish son-in-law and soon to be Jewish grandchild.

I wonder if he'll still be a big fan.

Tom
03-17-2016, 03:11 PM
PA, you are gooood!

Tom
03-17-2016, 03:13 PM
One can only imagine what FDR would have done to the Japanese-Americans...if he DIDN'T have advance knowledge of the Pearl Harbor attack.

I find that idea not at all easy to disregard.

PaceAdvantage
03-17-2016, 03:19 PM
PA, you are gooood!Credit must go to Dennis Miller who brought up FDR on the Bill O'Reilly show last night. I tend to watch more cable news during election cycles.

kingfin66
03-17-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't consider myself to be a Trump basher. Aren't the primary Trump bashers actually the GOP?

classhandicapper
03-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Credit must go to Dennis Miller who brought up FDR on the Bill O'Reilly show last night. I tend to watch more cable news during election cycles.

I like Dennis Miller a lot. THere's a clarity to his views that cuts through the nonsense while being very funny at times.

boxcar
03-17-2016, 04:50 PM
I like Dennis Miller a lot. THere's a clarity to his views that cuts through the nonsense while being very funny at times.

Exactly! :ThmbUp:

HalvOnHorseracing
03-17-2016, 08:36 PM
Hitler is an overused metaphor for anyone who you believe to be a power-hungry megalomaniac There was only one Hitler and that was Hitler. I don't think there is a justification for calling someone Hitler unless they have suggested they are patterning their life after Hitler.

As for banning Muslims, I would hope the Trump plan ignores everyone who was born here or has obtained American citizenship.

An ill-conceived, wrong headed plan like rounding up Americans and placing them in internment camps was horrible, regardless of which president did it. If I was Trump I'd be pissed at being associated with such a thing.

Dennis Miller is a good comedian and good at political humor, and perhaps he got a rise out of people for saying Trump isn't Hitler, just FDR. But it was a bit. If the comparison to a bad policy was meant as insight, it would be a good reason not to consider Trump. It wasn't. I would have called it humorous irony.

Tom
03-17-2016, 11:02 PM
I would rather Trump round up democrats.
Far more dangerous group.

pandy
03-18-2016, 08:55 AM
When I hear people calling Trump a Fascist or comparing him to Hitler, it makes me wonder if people who actually suffered under Fascism or Hitler, or had family members who suffered, are offended by such a ridiculous comparison.

This stuff happens on both sides. Many people on the right did call Obama a communist and said other nonsensical things about him.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 09:43 AM
I wonder where the JDL is in all of this. It's pretty obvious to me that a man who welcomed an Orthodox Jewish son-in-law into his family, gave his blessing to his daughter to convert to Judaism and will soon welcome a Jewish grandchild shouldn't be labeled a Nazi or called the second coming of Hitler.

It's disgusting. I thought the JDL had more balls.

The JDL should be ripping apart the journalists and pundits who continue to spew this vial comparison for nothing other than political character assassination and shock value.

Nutz and Boltz
03-18-2016, 11:36 AM
Things are being said by both sides for "character assassination"and "shock value". :eek: That's "Politics".

Nutz and Boltz
03-18-2016, 12:12 PM
All of the opponents of Trump have served in public office. Since he has no record to scrutinize, he is more likely to be "smeared" for things He says instead of his actions.

Trump would be on the short list of Presidents elected without government service if he wins in November......

http://www.mischiefsoffaction.com/2015/08/have-we-ever-elected-president-who-has.html

Marshall Bennett
03-18-2016, 12:26 PM
GWB was referred to as Hitler by several high profile personalities including leftist bitches on the View and Barbara Streisand just to name a few. Seems to be a popular reference by liberal idiots that have nothing intelligent to use as an alternative means of attacking a republican's character.

Stillriledup
03-18-2016, 12:28 PM
President Trumps position has been we are going to clean up the country,plug up the holes, strengthen the borders. He's never suggested that he would do anything illegal, why aren't 100 pct of us saying YAY?

Are we so used to the illegal 'look the other way' brand of politics that legally strengthening the country seems 'illegal'?

TJDave
03-18-2016, 12:34 PM
I wonder where the JDL is in all of this. It's pretty obvious to me that a man who welcomed an Orthodox Jewish son-in-law into his family, gave his blessing to his daughter to convert to Judaism and will soon welcome a Jewish grandchild shouldn't be labeled a Nazi or called the second coming of Hitler.

I wonder how welcoming Donald would be if his son-in-law were Mexican and/or Muslim?

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 12:36 PM
Red herring. Let's deal in realities. Trump isn't being labeled a Mexican or Muslim dictator/madman.

Nutz and Boltz
03-18-2016, 12:36 PM
GWB was referred to as Hitler by several high profile personalities including leftist bitches on the View and Barbara Streisand
Politics makes strange bedfellows :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxxSYu-F5E

Nutz and Boltz
03-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Politics makes strange bedfellows :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaxxSYu-F5E

And this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4sDwFgNYQ

And this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXBdfbULldU

And this..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/14/hillary-clinton-hugging-george-w-bush-donald-trump

Nutz and Boltz
03-18-2016, 01:12 PM
And this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4sDwFgNYQ

And this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXBdfbULldU

And this..

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/mar/14/hillary-clinton-hugging-george-w-bush-donald-trump

Seems to me these "enemies" get along better than the people who post about them on these message boards.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Well, it appears the ADL (I incorrectly referred to them as the JDL, a more radical version of the ADL) has stepped up and claimed that Trump is indeed NOT the second coming of Hitler (how sad it's come to this). They did this on Wednesday.

But, they might as well have punched him in the balls while doing it...what they basically say here is that he's about two steps removed from 'ol Adolph...what a stirring defense... :rolleyes:

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/jonathan-greenblatt-no-donald-trump-not-adolf-hitler-article-1.2565626

And the fact that they decided to do this in the Daily News, of all rag papers, is quite telling.

TJDave
03-18-2016, 02:07 PM
what they basically say here is that he's about two steps removed from 'ol Adolph.

Accurate.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 02:13 PM
Accurate.You know...I like you and respect you as a contributor here...always have. This despite your thread contributions rarely if ever exceeding the Twitter limit.

I'd love to sit down with you for 20-30 minutes over a drink or two and discuss the issues of the day, because I need someone like you to convince me the world hasn't gone absolutely insane. Or maybe I have...

Tom
03-18-2016, 03:07 PM
It hasn't gone insane.
It was never there to begin with.

Saratoga_Mike
03-18-2016, 03:13 PM

Have fun.

Only genocidal maniacs (e.g. Rwandan leader in the mid 1990s) should be compared to Hitler.

Trump is better compared to PT Barnum or Sarah Palin (the latter for level of knowledge...although I'd bet good money Trump knows when WWII took place).

TJDave
03-18-2016, 03:33 PM
I need someone like you to convince me the world hasn't gone absolutely insane.

Donald Trump being a serious contender for the presidency should be ample evidence to the contrary.

Would you deny that he will get the vote of every neo-crazy?

Clocker
03-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Would you deny that he will get the vote of every neo-crazy?

That depends on what your definition of "neo-crazy" is. :p

Trump says he is going to make America great again. The reality is that he proposes to do it with bigger government, led by a more powerful president, based on nationalism and nativism. That plays well in the heartland.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Donald Trump being a serious contender for the presidency should be ample evidence to the contrary.Why would someone like me consider voting for him then?

Is wanting something done about people who are already here in this country illegally now considered racist?

Is wanting tougher standards on NON CITIZENS looking to enter this country legally - is that me being a neo-Nazi? Especially when those people come from lands with reputations for breeding radicals? The kind that shoot up office parties in California and fly airplanes into buildings?

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 05:14 PM
This country is officially ****ed:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/suspicious-letter-with-white-powder-sent-to-home-of-donald-trumps-son-eric/ar-BBqCuxp?li=BBnb7Kz

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 05:16 PM
When the unthinkable happens (again) in this country, I wonder how many are going to reflect back and say "You know...I think we probably went a little too far in demonizing Donald Trump..."

I really do think I'm one of the few sane people left in the room.

I said this a few weeks ago, but I'm more serious now. Donald Trump is indeed done, but not for the reasons most of his naysayers think.

TJDave
03-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Why would someone like me consider voting for him then?

Can't answer that.

I know that I would not vote for a candidate, regardless of policy agreement , who did not denounce his/her racist supporters. Simple as that.

The republicans will nominate someone of principle or I will vote third party.

TJDave
03-18-2016, 06:14 PM
When the unthinkable happens (again) in this country, I wonder how many are going to reflect back and say "You know...I think we probably went a little too far in demonizing Donald Trump..."

Not me. I prefer living with my freedoms and the possibility of the unthinkable.

And won't lose a bit of sleep over it.

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Not me. I prefer living with my freedoms and the possibility of the unthinkable.

And won't lose a bit of sleep over it.This wasn't the angle I was going for...I'm talking about when somebody eventually whacks him

PaceAdvantage
03-18-2016, 06:19 PM
I know that I would not vote for a candidate, regardless of policy agreement , who did not denounce his/her racist supporters. Simple as that.See, this is what kills me. He has denounced them...over and over and over and over and over again.

The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous.

When Obama denounces all of his racist supporters, (and he certainly didn't suffer an absolute non-stop 24/7 weeks and months barrage that Trump is getting, even during the height of the Rev. Wright and Ayers scandals), you let me know.

TJDave
03-18-2016, 06:47 PM
See, this is what kills me. He has denounced them...over and over and over and over and over again.

Right. David Duke...who's he?

TJDave
03-18-2016, 06:59 PM
This wasn't the angle I was going for...I'm talking about when somebody eventually whacks him

Highly unlikely. Anyone motivated doesn't own a gun. :lol:

rastajenk
03-18-2016, 07:09 PM
That's not funny at all. The truly unhinged are usually leftoids.

no breathalyzer
03-18-2016, 08:51 PM
See, this is what kills me. He has denounced them...over and over and over and over and over again.

When Obama denounces all of his racist supporters, (and he certainly didn't suffer an absolute non-stop 24/7 weeks and months barrage that Trump is getting, even during the height of the Rev. Wright and Ayers scandals), you let me know.

This really bothers me too.. much more then i can even describe... What the GOP is doing is disgraceful as well Mitt is a Disgrace... Where was this in 2012 ? .. I'm pretty sure at this point i will vote Trump or sit out.. No one is going to vote for Ted.. the damn party dosn't even like the guy and if the GOP is successful stopping Trump they might as well not even hold an election.. cause the is 100% chance of not winning come November

no breathalyzer
03-18-2016, 08:54 PM
lol side note i keep seeing myself on CNN,, they keep looping the same video from the Chicago rally (where the guy throws the punch)

Stillriledup
03-19-2016, 03:29 AM
lol side note i keep seeing myself on CNN,, they keep looping the same video from the Chicago rally (where the guy throws the punch)
You were there at the punch fest? :D

OTM Al
03-19-2016, 08:29 AM
Only genocidal maniacs (e.g. Rwandan leader in the mid 1990s) should be compared to Hitler.

Trump is better compared to PT Barnum or Sarah Palin (the latter for level of knowledge...although I'd bet good money Trump knows when WWII took place).
I think you miss a valid historical point here though. You all seem fixated on the late 1930s version when he was already in power. Guess that's the person most are familiar with. However, if you look at the 1921 version, the one who was just getting started by getting his followers to fight with other political camps, is openly attacking the media, is basing his campaign on a misguided nationalism, things do start looking very similar. Mr Trump is well aware of history and he is most definitely using the Bavarian playbook in his campaign. After all, it still works, which says far more about us than him.

Rookies
03-19-2016, 08:52 AM
This really bothers me too.. much more then i can even describe... What the GOP is doing is disgraceful as well Mitt is a Disgrace... Where was this in 2012 ? .. I'm pretty sure at this point i will vote Trump or sit out.. No one is going to vote for Ted.. the damn party dosn't even like the guy and if the GOP is successful stopping Trump they might as well not even hold an election.. cause the is 100% chance of not winning come November

Whatever cabal dominates the Republican establishment (and many pundits have asked who they might be, with power they lack), they were clearly in Rip Van Winkle mode, when Drumpf came calling last summer. No doubt, they figured that ignorance (and silence) of him was bliss, given his 'birther' meltdown campaign, 4 years ago.

But Drumpf, learned from that disaster and focussed his megalomaniac, Reality TV talents on something much more familiar- himself. He has likely read every self motivating treatise from Peale to Hitler and knows precisely how to use them.

He knew how to push every hot button of the hoi polloi and both the Establishment and their selections, like Bush or Rubio, were silent and slack jawed for far too long. The deal is likely sealed. They have what they have now, with a 5 ring circus in tow.

And a Democrat, heading back to the White House.

Tom
03-19-2016, 10:47 AM

That has always been the MO for the democrats. Repeat the lie over and over and over, and the feeble minds that are democrats will believe it, no matter what facts disprove it. Dems like to be told what to think and do not understand factual discussions.

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I think you miss a valid historical point here though. You all seem fixated on the late 1930s version when he was already in power. Guess that's the person most are familiar with. However, if you look at the 1921 version, the one who was just getting started by getting his followers to fight with other political camps, is openly attacking the media, is basing his campaign on a misguided nationalism, things do start looking very similar. Mr Trump is well aware of history and he is most definitely using the Bavarian playbook in his campaign. After all, it still works, which says far more about us than him.The ADL would highly disagree with your words above, as they directly addressed this notion (ie. Hitler compared to Trump BEFORE either was actually installed into a power position).

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2016, 02:47 PM
Right. David Duke...who's he?Right, the same David Duke whom he denounced BEFORE this famous little quote of his that you just reproduced. Like I said before, maybe Trump is suffering from early onset of Alzheimer's. He's at that age...there's a valid reason not to vote for him.

OTM Al
03-19-2016, 02:54 PM
The ADL would highly disagree with your words above, as they directly addressed this notion (ie. Hitler compared to Trump BEFORE either was actually installed into a power position).
Maybe. But as I said, he is a student of history. He can play dumb all he wants, but it is very clear he knows exactly what he is doing.

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Maybe. But as I said, he is a student of history. He can play dumb all he wants, but it is very clear he knows exactly what he is doing.In addition, your comparison of Trump to a pre-1930s version of Adolph and the tactics he utilized...even if 100% accurate...seriously?

Hitler was a politician in addition to all the other vile things that he was. And politicians have shared similar strategies over the centuries...I bet we can point out things Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and a whole host of other US presidents, have utilized that Hitler also used during his ascent to power...if we were really interested in looking.

ArlJim78
03-19-2016, 03:38 PM
After Clinton every Republican at the top of the ticket has been Hitler.
GWB was Hitler
McCain was Hitler
Romney was Hitler
Now Trump is Hitler and if Cruz should find a way to surge to the front he'll certainly be Hitler.

As Trump would say "Sad"

Tom
03-19-2016, 04:04 PM
So, McCain and Romney both are against Trump.
Democrats are against Trump.
Therefore, my conclusion is, Democrats support Hitler.

TJDave
03-19-2016, 04:07 PM
Right, the same David Duke whom he denounced BEFORE this famous little quote of his that you just reproduced. Like I said before, maybe Trump is suffering from early onset of Alzheimer's. He's at that age...there's a valid reason not to vote for him.

Or, Trump was sidestepping, avoiding insulting his voter base. Duke has stated that while Trump is not a perfect candidate he offers the best chance for whites, will vote for him and encourages his followers to do so as well.

Endorsements like these should be reason enough to avoid Trump like the plague.

Tom
03-19-2016, 04:15 PM
Endorsements like these should be reason enough to avoid Trump like the plague.

So you hold Trump responsible for someone else's opinions?
Do you hold Bernie responsible for the ISIS guy who supports him?

PaceAdvantage
03-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Or, Trump was sidestepping, avoiding insulting his voter base. Duke has stated that while Trump is not a perfect candidate he offers the best chance for whites, will vote for him and encourages his followers to do so as well.

Endorsements like these should be reason enough to avoid Trump like the plague.Trump's been disavowing him for years:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/articles/2016-02-28/donald-trump-denounced-david-duke-before-he-refused-to-denounce-david-duke

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/suckers-watch-donald-trump-repudiate-david-duke-endorsement-six-months-ago/

As opposed to Obama who laughed such things off and basically said "I can't tell someone not to say I'm a good guy" which drew chuckles and polite approval from the crowd...it's good to be in the media's and your own party's good graces I guess...you tend to get away with stuff Trump apparently can't get away with...

LQKwHxSSeog

TJDave
03-19-2016, 05:26 PM
Trump's been disavowing him for years:

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/robert-schlesinger/articles/2016-02-28/donald-trump-denounced-david-duke-before-he-refused-to-denounce-david-duke

Well just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know. I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

He kept repeating his assertion that he didn't know anything about Duke, the Klan – even when Tapper twice name-checked them – or white supremacist groups. "I have to look at the group," he said when asked about organizations denounced by the Anti-Defamation League. "I don't know what group you are talking about, you wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about; I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong."

OTM Al
03-21-2016, 11:36 AM
In addition, your comparison of Trump to a pre-1930s version of Adolph and the tactics he utilized...even if 100% accurate...seriously?

Hitler was a politician in addition to all the other vile things that he was. And politicians have shared similar strategies over the centuries...I bet we can point out things Obama, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and a whole host of other US presidents, have utilized that Hitler also used during his ascent to power...if we were really interested in looking.
No, he started as a soldier and a decorated one at that. So even he was not always a politician, whatever that really means. So yes, seriously. And in case you've missed it or bought into his message, Trump is as much a politician as anyone out there. Just because he isn't playing to some sort of preset mold we have had for those running for office doesn't mean he isn't a politician. Might even make him more clever than most.

Certainly others have utilized common things. Certain things regularly appeal to people, this is known and is why they are done. Iconography is one that comes to mind quickly. What all the people you have named haven't done though is to encourage violent response by followers. How many of the others have attacked the press so directly? As I said, he's a smart fellow and he knows exactly what he is doing and sadly it still works.

Saratoga_Mike
03-21-2016, 11:47 AM
Trump is as much a politician as anyone out there. Just because he isn't playing to some sort of preset mold we have had for those running for office doesn't mean he isn't a politician. Might even make him more clever than most.

Exactly right.

Stillriledup
03-21-2016, 12:09 PM
I think the word 'politician' gets in the way, essentially Trump is 'different' from everyone else and that makes people SAY he's 'not a politician' but they really MEAN it 'feels different' and are just using the politician vs non politician words to describe their feelings even if technically those words aren't the best terms to use.

Clocker
03-21-2016, 12:11 PM
And in case you've missed it or bought into his message, Trump is as much a politician as anyone out there. Just because he isn't playing to some sort of preset mold we have had for those running for office doesn't mean he isn't a politician.

You don't have to run for office to play the political game. If you are involved in and using the political process for your own advancement, I'd say you are a politician. Trump has been actively involved in politics for many years.

Or as defined in the Urban Dictionary:

politician (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=politician&defid=870821)
1. A person who practices politics.

"Politics" is derived from the words "poly" meaning "many", and "tics" meaning "blood-sucking parasites."

2. One who was perfected the art of lying.

reckless
03-21-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't get it ...

The first 100--200 of those posts on the Donald Trump thread were filled with posters saying that Donald Trump is no politician, he's just a reality TV celebrity.

Some of those incendiary posts came from people that now say Trump is a politician.

What gives....?? :lol:

rastajenk
03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
Goalpost Moving 101.

What if "politician" was replaced by "professional public office-seeker?" Would that help?

woodtoo
03-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Thank you, that IS much better. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
03-21-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't think we should bother getting too hung up over definitions.

The public is very angry at the way things are done in Washington.

They are pissed off at chronic deficits and exploding debt, promises that politicians make that don't get done once they are in office, the fact that their jobs are moving overseas and their real incomes are falling, the fact they are sometimes losing their pensions and healthcare when they lose their jobs, the fact that in the 2008 crisis Wall St got bailed and they didn't, the fact that they are paying taxes through their noses and some people that are fully capable of working or that are here illegally and not paying taxes are getting a free ride on their back, the fact that our society has gone from being secular to practically hostile to religion, the fact that they feel less safe and we aren't doing enough domestically to ensure more terrorists don't come here etc...

What Trump is doing is looking at that list and telling people they are getting screwed by politicians and special interests and they have every right to be furious. Then he's telling them he will fix it because he's not part of that system.

You can call that whatever you want, but that's what's going on.

Trump is addressing the anger and telling people they are right. He's not creating the anger. It's already there. The problem is that his rhetoric is ridiculously far over the top.

reckless
03-21-2016, 02:01 PM
Goalpost Moving 101.

What if "politician" was replaced by "professional public office-seeker?" Would that help?

I could be wrong in your meaning but I would think that John Kasich or Mitt Romney are the more "professional public office-seeker" than Donald Trump.

mostpost
03-21-2016, 05:23 PM
If you are going by every thing they have done or haven't done, comparing Trump to Hitler is pretty foolish. And I do not believe that Donald Trump will ever commit the atrocities committed by Adolph Hitler. Nevertheless, there are some similarities between Trump's actions now and what Hitler did prior to achieving power.

Both men have used a scapegoat. For Hitler it was the Jews. For Trump it is the immigrants. Both men called for the banning of foreign groups from their homeland. For Hitler it was anyone who was not Aryan; not just the Jews. but the Poles, the Russians, blacks, any of the inferior races. Trump-so far-has just called for banning Muslims.

Both men were misogynists. In Mein Kampf, Hitler argued that the effeminate Jewish-Christian ethic was enfeebling Europe, and that Germany needed a man of iron to restore itself and build an empire. Trump is notorious for his demeaning remarks towards women-Megan Kelly being only the most famous example-and he is campaigning on a platform of make America great again.

Both men have encouraged or countenanced violence. With Hitler it was much more direct even including murder. With Trump it is more implied and used as a threat. More than once he has said something along the lines of, "If I don't get what I want, I can't be responsible for what my supporters do."

I hear people saying that Trump does not mean all those things he says; that he is just saying them to attract votes. That almost makes it worse. A man who panders to the Toms, Recklesses and Boxcars of the world should not be President of anything, let alone the United States of America.

Stillriledup
03-21-2016, 05:25 PM
If you are going by every thing they have done or haven't done, comparing Trump to Hitler is pretty foolish. And I do not believe that Donald Trump will ever commit the atrocities committed by Adolph Hitler. Nevertheless, there are some similarities between Trump's actions now and what Hitler did prior to achieving power.

Both men have used a scapegoat. For Hitler it was the Jews. For Trump it is the immigrants. Both men called for the banning of foreign groups from their homeland. For Hitler it was anyone who was not Aryan; not just the Jews. but the Poles, the Russians, blacks, any of the inferior races. Trump-so far-has just called for banning Muslims.

Both men were misogynists. In Mein Kampf, Hitler argued that the effeminate Jewish-Christian ethic was enfeebling Europe, and that Germany needed a man of iron to restore itself and build an empire. Trump is notorious for his demeaning remarks towards women-Megan Kelly being only the most famous example-and he is campaigning on a platform of make America great again.

Both men have encouraged or countenanced violence. With Hitler it was much more direct even including murder. With Trump it is more implied and used as a threat. More than once he has said something along the lines of, "If I don't get what I want, I can't be responsible for what my supporters do."

I hear people saying that Trump does not mean all those things he says; that he is just saying them to attract votes. That almost makes it worse. A man who panders to the Toms, Recklesses and Boxcars of the world should not be President of anything, let alone the United States of America.

I don't get this post, I read your first sentence and I'm like THIS GUY GETS IT than I read the rest of it and you're calling Trump Hitler.

mostpost
03-21-2016, 05:35 PM
This country is officially ****ed:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/suspicious-letter-with-white-powder-sent-to-home-of-donald-trumps-son-eric/ar-BBqCuxp?li=BBnb7Kz
That is a ridiculous response to an awful act. One person sent that envelope, not the country. Was the country officially ****ed when the Tylenol killer struck? Was it officially ****ed when the Unibomber mailed his bombs? And who decides? Is there a Department of ****edness which decides these things?

mostpost
03-21-2016, 05:58 PM
I don't get this post, I read your first sentence and I'm like THIS GUY GETS IT than I read the rest of it and you're calling Trump Hitler.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
It seemed so clear to me. Trump won't kill six million Jews. I doubt that he is an anti-semite. But he is making a lot of the same noises Hitler made as he rose to power. Not all, but a lot.

VigorsTheGrey
03-21-2016, 06:33 PM
The election on Donald Trump as President of the United States will in no way move the country away from the type of political insider co-optation that characterized the rise of the Third Reich....Lest we forget, the Nazi Movement was a conservative movement that used the said dissatisfaction of the German people resulting from the political and economic disadvantages of the Treaty of Versailles for political aims....

...In the end, Hitler did not have the interests of Germany and the German people at heart...they both were only means to an end and ultimately, as expendable as the Jews or other undesirables....What exactly Hitlers' political ends were remains an important question....And he had financial help from many sources, not just exclusively German or Austrian ones, which contributed to the rise of Nazism...

..Comparing Trump with Hitler is a vast stretch....Although unpopular economic trade treaties foisted upon the American people and the decline of an industrialized American workforce continue to plague the american mindset, conservative and liberal alike...

....But it remains to be seen where Trump's real interest lay...if is difficult for me to believe that a person so economically and personally self-centered, not that this is a negative but that this is a fact of his nature, could now shift that entire ethos to include all those outside his own coterie of insiders and supporters....

His presidency, if he is elected, will more than likely, only continue the entrenched and historical insider paradigm, that for the most part, all of us have grown weary of...

Stillriledup
03-21-2016, 06:50 PM
The election on Donald Trump as President of the United States will in no way move the country away from the type of political insider co-optation that characterized the rise of the Third Reich....Lest we forget, the Nazi Movement was a conservative movement that used the said dissatisfaction of the German people resulting from the political and economic disadvantages of the Treaty of Versailles for political aims....

...In the end, Hitler did not have the interests of Germany and the German people at heart...they both were only means to an end and ultimately, as expendable as the Jews or other undesirables....What exactly Hitlers' political ends were remains an important question....And he had financial help from many sources, not just exclusively German or Austrian ones, which contributed to the rise of Nazism...

..Comparing Trump with Hitler is a vast stretch....Although unpopular economic trade treaties foisted upon the American people and the decline of an industrialized American workforce continue to plague the american mindset, conservative and liberal alike...

....But it remains to be seen where Trump's real interest lay...if is difficult for me to believe that a person so economically and personally self-centered, not that this is a negative but that this is a fact of his nature, could now shift that entire ethos to include all those outside his own coterie of insiders and supporters....

His presidency, if he is elected, will more than likely, only continue the entrenched and historical insider paradigm, that for the most part, all of us have grown weary of...

Your last sentence....even if it's 99 pct sure that you are correct, isn't the 1 pct shot that trump is 'different' worth the chance ? We know the others are 100 pct to continue with the same old weary 'leadership' but With trump what if that 1 pct hits? Why not take the shot?

VigorsTheGrey
03-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Your last sentence....even if it's 99 pct sure that you are correct, isn't the 1 pct shot that trump is 'different' worth the chance ? We know the others are 100 pct to continue with the same old weary 'leadership' but With trump what if that 1 pct hits? Why not take the shot?

We no longer have "shots" in the US. We only have outcomes that are foisted upon us politically like the passage of the recent Obamacare health bill, with Nancy Pelosi saying to the American people "we have to pass it in order to find out what is in it" !!!

The American election process is similar to this...we "elect" these "folks" that we know very little about like Obama, a virtual unknown character...only later to find out what he is really all about....much to the chagrin of most Americans who both "voted" for and against him....

barn32
03-21-2016, 08:25 PM
His presidency, if he is elected, will more than likely, only continue the entrenched and historical insider paradigm, that for the most part, all of us have grown weary of...Then vote for Hillary so we can have the same old shit for four (or eight) more years.

God forbid you (or anyone) should take a chance at someone that just might turn out great.

Debate over.

Tom
03-21-2016, 08:31 PM
But he is making a lot of the same noises Hitler made as he rose to power. Not all, but a lot.

Far more parallels to Obama than Trump.
Can't think of a legitimate one you could assign to Trump.
Well, YOU could, but then, your tether to reality was never very secure.

VigorsTheGrey
03-21-2016, 08:51 PM
Then vote for Hillary so we can have the same old shit for four (or eight) more years.

God forbid you (or anyone) should take a chance at someone that just might turn out great.

Debate over.

There is a distinct possibility that the "same old Shit" could get a whole lots worse under EITHER candidate. This is the dilemma that America faces now with the way our political process has evolved....Nothing short of a political crisis, civil war, or constitutional convention that alters this paradigm would, IMO, change this....

Trump seems to me a very entrenched insider of some sorts, whose inside few of us are privy to....one could conceivably believe that Chris Christie is also part of this particular inside but one can only speculate....however, does anyone doubt that if elected, Trump will NOT fill his Cabinet with Cronies of his own ilk? So where is this movement away from Cronyism supposed to come from? Either way we get Crony and Cronies' Bossman.....This is the reality of our current political situation...And what makes it so distasteful!

ArlJim78
03-21-2016, 10:02 PM
none of the insiders want Trump, in fact they are losing their minds with the prospect of Trump winning and spending money hand over fist to try and prevent it. I think that plus the fact that he's not a politician make him a legitimate outsider.

rastajenk
03-22-2016, 06:53 AM
An "entrenched insider" and a "legitimate outsider" in two consecutive posts. What a chameleon!

Tom
03-22-2016, 07:34 AM
No plan to stop ISIS, but a 100 day plan to stop Trump.

GOP, right n top of what really matters!

pandy
03-22-2016, 08:20 AM

:ThmbUp:

davew
03-22-2016, 09:10 AM
We no longer have "shots" in the US. We only have outcomes that are foisted upon us politically like the passage of the recent Obamacare health bill, with Nancy Pelosi saying to the American people "we have to pass it in order to find out what is in it" !!!

The American election process is similar to this...we "elect" these "folks" that we know very little about like Obama, a virtual unknown character...only later to find out what he is really all about....much to the chagrin of most Americans who both "voted" for and against him....

That is what is wrong with 'establishment politicians'. It DOES NOT MATTER what they are like, they are probably going to block vote with their party no matter what they feel on the issue.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Well just so you understand, I don't know anything about David Duke, OK? I know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don't know. I don't know, did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because, you know, I know nothing about David Duke. I know nothing about white supremacists. And so you're asking me a question that I'm supposed to be talking about people that I know nothing about.

He kept repeating his assertion that he didn't know anything about Duke, the Klan – even when Tapper twice name-checked them – or white supremacist groups. "I have to look at the group," he said when asked about organizations denounced by the Anti-Defamation League. "I don't know what group you are talking about, you wouldn't want me to condemn a group that I know nothing about; I'd have to look. If you would send me a list of the groups, I will do research on them and certainly I would disavow if I thought there was something wrong."I'm pretty sure he was trying to make the point that he pays zero attention to white supremacy groups, like the rest of normal America. At least that's how I took it.

He didn't want to give David Duke even the appearance that he gives two shits about him to even recognize the man's name. He was playing his Trump game with the media.

Either that or he has early-onset Alz....

Did I just read an article in US News & World that the KKK grand wizard or whatever the **** he's called just switched his endorsement from Trump to Hillary Clinton? And part of the reason he cited was Trump's hair... :lol:

Real news is starting to read like the Onion these days...

“We don’t like his hair. We think it’s a toupee,” Quigg said. “He won’t do what he says he will do. He says he’s going to build a 20-foot high fence along the border with Mexico and make them pay. How’s he going to do that?” http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/15/kkk-grand-dragon-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president.html

Someone phone me when Hillary is asked 1,000,000 times to denounce this endorsement...

Saratoga_Mike
03-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Someone phone me when Hillary is asked 1,000,000 times to denounce this endorsement...

I appreciate your point, but if asked, I'd bet a million dollars, she'd denounce this clown (love the fake hair stuff--hadn't seen that). There wouldn't have been any controversy if Trump had done the same. After he did that, the media should have let it go of course.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2016, 11:36 AM
That is a ridiculous response to an awful act. One person sent that envelope, not the country. Was the country officially ****ed when the Tylenol killer struck? Was it officially ****ed when the Unibomber mailed his bombs? And who decides? Is there a Department of ****edness which decides these things?Tylenol and Unibomber weren't trying to affect the outcome of an election for President of the USA.

Only REGISTERED VOTERS should affect the outcome of an election.

That's the difference, friend. And that's why it pissed me off.

Then again, look at what happened to Bobby Kennedy and that election. And we survived. So maybe we're not ****ed. But I fear we are slowly creeping towards another Bobby Kennedy in terms of Trump and the manufactured hatred that has recently gone nuclear against him.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2016, 11:41 AM
I appreciate your point, but if asked, I'd bet a million dollars, she'd denounce this clown (love the fake hair stuff--hadn't seen that). There wouldn't have been any controversy if Trump had done the same. After he did that, the media should have let it go of course.But he did do it...on Twitter...before he didn't... :lol: ...if that makes any sense.

Oh, and he did do it six months prior...and even 16 years prior, if memory serves correctly.

I guess the media just kept asking until he messed up...those of us with eyes and ears and a sense of rationality know that not only did Trump denounce this man MULTIPLE times before he got Duke's "endorsement" (and Duke never did formally endorse Trump), but we also know that Donald Trump, the man, would NEVER seek out or approve of a David Duke/KKK endorsement.

Are there people out there that truly believe in their heart that Donald Trump secretly is a fan of David Duke and the KKK and this slip up was somehow proof of that? I mean, I guess there are people like that in the world, but most intelligent people tend to dismiss that kind of idiocy.

OntheRail
03-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Did I just read an article in US News & World that the KKK grand wizard or whatever the **** he's called just switched his endorsement from Trump to Hillary Clinton? And part of the reason he cited was Trump's hair... :lol:

Real news is starting to read like the Onion these days...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/15/kkk-grand-dragon-endorses-hillary-clinton-for-president.html

Funny not a bleat from old Sheep Dipzer on that bit of breaking news. :eek: well not really.

Saratoga_Mike
03-22-2016, 11:45 AM
I guess the media just kept asking until he messed up...those of us with eyes and ears and a sense of rationality know that not only did Trump denounce this man MULTIPLE times before he got Duke's "endorsement" (and Duke never did formally endorse Trump), but we also know that Donald Trump, the man, would NEVER seek out or approve of a David Duke/KKK endorsement.

The big Sunday morning interview received all the attention. I have no idea why he hesitated on the question. I generally agree with your sentiment, but my point is he's partially to blame, as he allowed the media to turn it into an issue with his non-answer. Very odd.

Stillriledup
03-22-2016, 12:15 PM

:lol:

Truth !

barn32
03-22-2016, 02:03 PM

One of the news channels discussed this and explained it was a fake. Yes he is now for Hillary, but only in an attempt to get people to vote for Trump.

PaceAdvantage
03-22-2016, 02:05 PM
One of the news channels discussed this and explained it was a fake. Yes he is now for Hillary, but only in an attempt to get people to vote for Trump.David Duke once endorsed a black man running in NY...so anything is possible.