PDA

View Full Version : Monticello, Race 9 today

Charlie
03-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone else watched this race. The 5 horse easily grabbed the lead, and then on the back stretch broke stride, but immediately regained it without causing any interference to any horse. Thus, he remained on the lead and won easily at 9-1. I just wonder why he was taken down. Also of course, it cost me a huge hit. A $4 pic 3 and a $4 exacta. If anyone has an answer, I would certainly appreciate hearing it. Thanks....

Zaf
03-15-2016, 11:31 PM
They say if you gain any ground during a break that is grounds for disqualification. When he broke he actually lost a bit of ground and didn't appear to bother the 6 who was right behind him. I am not a harness racing expert but maybe others on here can explain why they took him down.

Z

camourous
03-16-2016, 07:42 AM
it really didn't even look like he broke, just jumped something on the track, and he never interfered with anyone. Bad DQ in my opinion

Charlie
03-16-2016, 01:07 PM
The racing "GODS" have not been on my side lately. Just a few weeks back I lost another DQ and the chance for a big score. I didn't understand that DQ either. My horse was 2nd from the rail half way down the stretch passing the leader easily. The 3rd horse that was behind my horse veered in towards him and in fact, his front wheel went into my horse's back wheel. He is the one that should have been disqualified, but for some unknown reason, it was my horse.. Another DQ that I certainly didn't understand. But anyway, I contacted Monticello about last night's DQ hoping for an explanation, but haven't heard a thing and probably won't. It's hard enough to win without them taking wins away. It's just so very frustrating.

Zaf
03-16-2016, 01:17 PM
I watched it a few times and see no reason for the disqualification, unless there is a head on view that we haven't seen ? Do they have head on views for harness racing ? Sorry, that was a tough beat Charlie.

Z

Charlie
03-16-2016, 08:39 PM
It's a day later and I am just about over what should have been a huge win. But what I am not over is Monticello's refusal to answer my query as to why he was disqualified. I have been a harness fan for over 50 years and have never seen a DQ like that one. I have e.mailed the director of racing at Monticello, not once, but twice and still no explanation. Things like that are probably a part of what's ruining harness racing. I wish Pandy would watch this race and give me his opinion.